Seats at BM

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

poppyfield
Team Supported: Darlington

Seats at BM

Post by poppyfield » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:10 pm

Another idea to help the development of BM is to 'Buy your Seat', I know some of my ideas have not met with enthusiasm at this time of the development of BM but, he!, 'Any idea is a good idea, right'.
Anyway, the basic idea is to fund the next phase of the seated stand.
Doesn't have to be done now, its an idea, if it was 'say' another 500 seats, and it was to cost 50,000 quid (that is a guess) It would be the same as the same as thing the 'Buy a Brick'
You buy your seat, Your name on it for life , its yours for the next season or how ever long you want it to be, depending on how much you want to pay.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

dickdarlington

Re: Seats at BM

Post by dickdarlington » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:35 pm

i like this idea. It came up in conversation with a supporters group board member a while back. So they're already thinking along these lines I'm sure. Rugby club members might be interested in tHis too.

However, I quipped about whether we coUld do it on the terrace. 500 club terrace members pay to get their allocated spot. Then if someone is stood there. You can move them along. A star on the terrace a la Hollywood :D

Or probably more like 'old mans stool at the bar'

JE93

Post by JE93 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:51 pm

While i like the idea of promising our fans their own piece of BM, i think the club has to be very careful about promising away any future income. By all means put names on seats but this should not take away season ticket money from playing budget.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:51 pm

You can do this for a section of seating or a particular stand, but basically given the small number of seats we have it means if you want a seat you have to be prepared to pay £500. That's no way to attract supporters.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:14 pm

We can expect the next major fundraising appeal soon, possibly with a launch at the November Forum.

Extra BM covered seating may be fundraising priority number to provide facilities required for a promotion.

Increased player financing may depend more on achieving consistently higher crowds & more commercial support.

The usual Autumnal dip in HP crowd figures hasn't been so pronounced this season, so coupled with the return to town (and less wind), this could boost matchday cash earnings.

There's a lot more potential money streams from commercial sponsorships for the club to receive, when it is based in its home town.

DFCSG/DFC could undertake more publicity about other fundraising (e.g. Lottery, 50:50 Draw, Sponsor a Goal, Predictions League, Programme Subscriptions, Bucket Collections).