West Auckland double their ticket prices...

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Hilly
Team Supported: Darlington

West Auckland double their ticket prices...

Post by Hilly » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:07 pm

Christophano

Re: West Auckland double their ticket prices...

Post by Christophano » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:08 pm

Confirmed then?
What a bunch of mercenary gits, are they scared it'll be like a home match for us?

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:09 pm

They claim that they need to pay for 25 extra stewards, police etc...

Was planning on going, but I'm not having that. Absolutely ridiculous way of making money out of Darlo fans.

divas

Post by divas » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:10 pm

Let's vote with our feet then. I certainly won't be attending unless they have a rethink, I'd hope if people make it known they'll do the same WA will reduce the prices so we can show our support to our players but also not be taken advantage of

divas

Post by divas » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:10 pm

Hilly wrote:They claim that they need to pay for 25 extra stewards, police etc...

Was planning on going, but I'm not having that. Absolutely ridiculous way of making money out of Darlo fans.
Yes they probably will - however the extra 1000 fans even at £5 will more than pay for that.

Christophano

Post by Christophano » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:11 pm

Surely the extra stewards would be paid for by the extra profits they'd make?

I probably won't go because of this, which is a shame because I've enjoyed the away days this season, but a 100% ticket increase is taking the mick.

divas

Post by divas » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:13 pm

Yep, I'd pay £8 as I do at HP but no way £10 - I wonder if we'll reciprocate for the WA fans.

I take it, it'll be £10 for home fans too?

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:13 pm

I won't be going.

Fuck them.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:15 pm

Every other club we've played so far hasn't had to double their prices, don't see why West should be any different.

This is purely to make as much money out of Darlo fans as possible. Simple as that.

MaddosMilkman

Post by MaddosMilkman » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:16 pm

I'll be going, but I won't be spending money at the ground as I normally do.

I'm actually surprised more clubs haven't tried to pull this trick on us.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:16 pm

I'm not going if they maintain those prices. They are obviously trying to take advantage. How much are they planning on paying the extra stewards?!

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:16 pm

They don't have to pay for extra stewards - haven't some other clubs just borrowed ours and just paid expenses?
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:17 pm

I will still go and support the team, and I would advise all supporters to do the same.

The easiest way to hit them in the pocket is not to spend anything in the ground, no drinks/food no programmes or any raffle tickets. Lets all find watering holes away from the ground watch the match then leave.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:20 pm

quakerste wrote:I will still go and support the team, and I would advise all supporters to do the same.

The easiest way to hit them in the pocket is not to spend anything in the ground, no drinks/food no programmes or any raffle tickets. Lets all find watering holes away from the ground watch the match then leave.
Sorry but I disagree, the biggest profit for any club is admission fees. The other things you mention (programmes, raffle tickets etc...) don't make anywhere near as much money as admission.

Not buying those sorts of things will do little damage.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:24 pm

divas wrote:Yep, I'd pay £8 as I do at HP but no way £10 - I wonder if we'll reciprocate for the WA fans.

I take it, it'll be £10 for home fans too?
It would have to be because there's no real way of telling home and away fans apart. Maybe the West fans will be the ones muttering "they'll get a shock" as they enter the ground?

I'll still be there.

Oh and what a day to get banned from NLZ, it'll be carnage on there tonight - and I don't mean criticism of West - they'll all twist it to find a way at having a go at Darlo, like how if we didn't have such a bad reputation of hooliganism, then West wouldn't need to take these measures.

The reality is though, that the match is a potential flashpoint and stewards and police need paying.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

uncovered
Site Admin

Post by uncovered » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:27 pm

just been speaking to the club about this. this is totally out of order and if this goes ahead then I will hope the majority of us boycott the game. Doubling the admission is a joke. If this is allowed to happen and we all turn up as usual then it will encourage other teams within the league to do similar. I will not be going and will encourage others not to either. Yes I will not be their to support my team but sometimes you need to make a stand. Nobody takes the piss out of my pocket!

MaddosMilkman

Post by MaddosMilkman » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:28 pm

Hilly wrote:
quakerste wrote:I will still go and support the team, and I would advise all supporters to do the same.

Sorry but I disagree, the biggest profit for any club is admission fees. The other things you mention (programmes, raffle tickets etc...) don't make anywhere near as much money as admission.

Maybe not, but if West Auckland bring in more staff to work the bars and buy extra alcohol for the game then by not spending money they're going to lose out.

A kick in the Jacobs
Team Supported: Narwich

Post by A kick in the Jacobs » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:29 pm

This game should be boycotted by Darlo fans - if we tolerate it this time, then every other club will do it.

As has been said above, the stewarding costs would be more than covered by the Darlo fans' gate receipts.

If Darlo fans have principles, they wouldn't go. The players would understand.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:30 pm

MaddosMilkman wrote:
Hilly wrote:

Maybe not, but if West Auckland bring in more staff to work the bars and buy extra alcohol for the game then by not spending money they're going to lose out.
They will lose out more if they pay for a load of stewards/police and no bugger turns up. And if their stance remains the same, I hope that happens.

I want to support my team, but as Scott says, if there is no effect on the attendance then loads of teams will start doing this.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:39 pm

Can someone make sure MG is aware of this and precondition the team that support may be down and why it is so at least they will not be shocked or put off when they come out and no sod is there except the old boy in his mac and flat cap with his whippet and the boot boys of west looking for a ruck with their flat tops and turned up jeans.

Down right cheek of it, yet again tin pot league with tin pot attitudes, so glad we went to HP and no where else.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:40 pm

Let's just see what happens in the next couple of days regarding this. West Auckland could just be attention seeking like all ickle clubs with no fans do, or they could be genuine in their reasoning.

If it's just a money making blag and becomes obvious, then I'm more than prepared to support a boycott. And I was REALLY looking forward to this match.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:46 pm

Not going. Fuck them.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

A kick in the Jacobs

Post by A kick in the Jacobs » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:48 pm

Ingleby wrote:Not going. Fuck them.
:lol:

:clap:

A kick in the Jacobs

Post by A kick in the Jacobs » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:52 pm

Quakerz wrote:If it's just a money making blag and becomes obvious, then I'm more than prepared to support a boycott. And I was REALLY looking forward to this match.
How is it anything but moneymaking?

1,000 Darlo fans at £5 = £5,000. How many stewards at what price will they be paying not have their costs covered by that?!?

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:55 pm

As the dyed hair Scotsman would say from his hospital bed - "I'm ooot!"
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:55 pm

This might be a ridiculous thought, BUT considering the mentality of the knobheads inhabiting this league, could it not be an attempt by West to put off Darlo fans from attending? I'm sure they'd rather play in front of their usual 150-200 home fans with about 10 away fans, than face a noisy 1,200-1,500 Darlo fans.

They are bankrolled. They do not need the money. Could they be trying to grab back their home advantage?

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:56 pm

I was at Dunston and Guisborough.
Barely saw a steward tbh.

Billingham just had darlo stewards.

Con.

Shame but best everyone stays away.

Darlo would still win beyond closed doors.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:57 pm

A kick in the Jacobs wrote:
Quakerz wrote:If it's just a money making blag and becomes obvious, then I'm more than prepared to support a boycott. And I was REALLY looking forward to this match.
How is it anything but moneymaking?

1,000 Darlo fans at £5 = £5,000. How many stewards at what price will they be paying not have their costs covered by that?!?
Yep I agree now that it looks like a cynical attempt to a) make money, b) significantly reduce the away support, or c) attention seek.

I was being unfairly reasonable at first, giving them the benefit of the doubt.

A kick in the Jacobs

Post by A kick in the Jacobs » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:02 pm

Whatever the reason, we need to make a stand otherwise we'll get mugged at other places.

We're (all but) guaranteed at least second, anyway, and as Spennymoor will choose not to go for promotion next month - job done.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:02 pm

Quakerz wrote:This might be a ridiculous thought, BUT considering the mentality of the knobheads inhabiting this league, could it not be an attempt by West to put off Darlo fans from attending? I'm sure they'd rather play in front of their usual 150-200 home fans with about 10 away fans, than face a noisy 1,200-1,500 Darlo fans.

They are bankrolled. They do not need the money. Could they be trying to grab back their home advantage?
Seems unlikely, although it wouldn't surprise me. Surely a club, no matter how bankrolled, are going to want turn down a big paycheck worth 4 or 5 games worth of revenue to them ?!

It just seems a massive cash grab to me. I hope it fails.

I'm also looking forward to reading more on what Mr Amos has to say about it in his blog( I presume he will write about it in his blog). I hope he applies some pressure on the club