West Auckland double their ticket prices...

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

love it!
Team Supported: Darlington 1883

Re: West Auckland double their ticket prices...

Post by love it! » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:01 pm

I wouldnt have gone anyway but this is ridiculous from west!

As regards 1883, I refer to my team as Darlington 1883 as thats our fans owned club

A kick in the Jacobs
Team Supported: Narwich

Post by A kick in the Jacobs » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:02 pm

Winehouse wrote:Don't many league and conference clubs tier their matches and charge more depending on how prestigious the game is?
And that's not right, either.

Hilly
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by Hilly » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:04 pm

Quakerz wrote:
carver30 wrote:It's naive to think if 1883 were in the same position we wouldn't put prices up. This is WA chance of earning some decent money, £8 would of been more acceptable but at the end of the day it's their decision and theirs alone and they live and die by that decision.
1883, who the fuck are 1883? Are you even a bastad Darlo fan?
I've had my suspicions that he wasn't in the past to be honest.

darloaturfeet

Post by darloaturfeet » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:06 pm

I would rather sh*t in my hands and clap, than pay double price. What a complete joke. :clap:

fozzovmurton

Post by fozzovmurton » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:28 pm

Clubs up and down the country change there prices as the season goes on where games are categorised e.g Cat A, Cat B, Cat C and that is exactly what West are doing here, I am not trying to justify there actions because it stinks like a wet fart, it is a blatant attempt to cash in and con us, in my opinion I think ticket prices should be agreed at the beginning of each season and should not be allowed to change the price as the season goes on, the only time ticket price should change should be for Cup Games.

Although I dont go to a great deal of games, this is one game I am not going to, I would fully support a boycott of this game, if we let West get away with it, thats it, other clubs will follow suit. West is one of the games I am looking forward to going to, but I will not go against what I believe in
442 Football Crazy Admin

If you need an avatar or signature I recommend Ron Carr of RCarr Designs

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:35 pm

fozzovmurton wrote:Clubs up and down the country change there prices as the season goes on where games are categorised e.g Cat A, Cat B, Cat C and that is exactly what West are doing here
Clubs that operate a tiered pricing system announce Cat A, B, and C matches (or whatever) before the season, along with the prices for each category.

They don't just have a bright idea a couple of weeks before a big match and double the price. Not as far as I've ever been aware, anyway!

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

wellindarlo

Post by wellindarlo » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:36 pm

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:39 pm

fozzovmurton wrote:Clubs up and down the country change there prices as the season goes on where games are categorised e.g Cat A, Cat B, Cat C
This is completely true, I'll be honest I always thought we should have been doing this at the arena in order to get a bit of 'positive' price discrimination going on and to help attendances.

West aren't quite doing that though they have come out and said it's for extra policing etc. I think if they had announced a strategy such as this at the start of the season there would be less objection to it - but it just feels like a knee jerk decision with quite unethical intentions.
Last edited by lo36789 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:39 pm

So as expected they don't want to charge the home fans £10.

AnthonyP

Post by AnthonyP » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:40 pm

Ralph, west have already rejected paying the fee for us to sell their tickets and have signalled their intention to let the hordes of darlo fans queue at the gate, rather than pay an admin fee for handling the sale of tickets on their behalf, as bishop and consett did. who knows, they may even bring bouncers down from newcastle as stewards for the game! joy. ....
important sure the club are trying to deal with this issue in whatever way they can and i have a feeling that we will hear more about this from mike amos, and the echo. this is not what the concept of a community club is about at all.
btw Ralph, i think you should be careful with your posts as earlier in this thread you came across in a slightly blunt and unfriendly manner, which, knowing you, will not have been the intention.

divas

Post by divas » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:41 pm

wellindarlo wrote:Image
Hahaha :thumbup: top photoshopping

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:44 pm

Hilly wrote:
DIRTYDAVE wrote:Its shocking but West are a business just like other football clubs so can see why they did it. Wonder why no other clubs put their prices up to cash in on the extra fans coming to the games. £8 would of been better but to double their prices is out of order.
They may be a business but customers don't like being taken for mugs. Nobody likes to pay a higher price for the same product than it was a the week previously through no good reason other than greed.

They've been found out and as such, people won't stand for it.
Yes that is true but how many times have big businesses taken people for mugs and put their prices up for no good reason. British gas, sky tv, virgin media, big supermakets, arriva buses, train companys etc. :| Were all getting ripped off

wellindarlo

Post by wellindarlo » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:44 pm

I had to get some light relief from all this ;)

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:47 pm

wellindarlo wrote:I had to get some light relief from all this ;)
You had me, I think it is just what I am expecting next to be honest. Quite shocked by the whole thing really, I used to like West but since we joined the NL I don't have anything good to say about them.

Christophano

Post by Christophano » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:14 pm

Hilly wrote:
Quakerz wrote:
carver30 wrote:It's naive to think if 1883 were in the same position we wouldn't put prices up. This is WA chance of earning some decent money, £8 would of been more acceptable but at the end of the day it's their decision and theirs alone and they live and die by that decision.
Really? It's not a vibe I've ever got, to be honest.

Lawman3

Post by Lawman3 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:45 pm

Christophano wrote:
Hilly wrote:
Quakerz wrote:
Carver is definitely a Darlo fan. A very keen one too.
Never argue with an idiot: The best possible outcome is that you win an argument with an idiot.

DL5

Post by DL5 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:50 pm

£10 for away fans only? :o That's well out of order.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:57 pm

It's been shopped DL5, shopped...

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

DL5

Post by DL5 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:03 pm

Quakerz wrote:It's been shopped DL5, shopped...
:oops: :lol: I'm spread thin across several forums tonight

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:17 pm

Lawman3 wrote:
Christophano wrote:
Hilly wrote:
Quakerz wrote:
Carver is definitely a Darlo fan. A very keen one too.
Fair do's. Like I say it was just a suspicion of mine.

DAFTS

Post by DAFTS » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:33 pm

You have to boycott. No Football League club can charge away fans double the price for home fans for the same game. It might even be a trading standards issue. If the boot was on the other foot we'd be hauled over the coals. Hopefully Mike Amos can intervene and make them see the injustice. Otherwise, exercise your rights as consumers

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:56 pm

Reading the comments on NonBrainZone, there is a Newton Aycliffe fan absolutely adamant that West do not need the money, and therefore the only reason to do this is to create bad blood and massively reduce the Darlo following. Why would they want to do that? Less hassle, less potential for bother, less Darlo support in the ground increasing their own chances of winning, it's anyones guess.

I think to be honest, justice would be us beating West 4-0 in front of their usual 180 crowd, 2 own goals a piece from Rundle and Campbell, and a nice loss for the day.

Lawman3

Post by Lawman3 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:41 am

Are Bishop at home that day? Could we all turn up there and sing darlo songs so loud that our boys will hear us at West?
Never argue with an idiot: The best possible outcome is that you win an argument with an idiot.

Santino

Post by Santino » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:13 am

Boycotting is the only way forward.

swagger

Post by swagger » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:07 am

DL5 wrote:
£10 for away fans only? :o That's well out of order.
I should think the West fans are truly embarrassed by this, because its just plain wrong.
Will i be going i doubt it, was i looking forward to this one, yes i was.
Even if west change there plans about ticket prices it will still leave a nasty taste in the mouth.

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:00 pm

At double the price I won't be going. Because if we do, we'll soon see other clubs doing exactly the same. Not all, but some of the less scrupulous chairman will try to make a bit more dough.

It really is the principle of things. I know there are different category games for some clubs in the football/prem leagues but they are announced at the start of the season and it is always for more than just one game.

I am inclined to turn up to the ground. Not pay to get in, and sing songs from outside about the mighty hoops!

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:24 pm

They need to rethink or i am not going.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg