Success of the Lottery - from little acorns....

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Neil G Johnson
Team Supported: Darlington

Success of the Lottery - from little acorns....

Post by Neil G Johnson » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:55 pm

It appears that the lottery has passed the 200 member mark, so the club is already making at least £6,000 per year from the proceeds to date. Considering that Colin has only been running this a dozen or so weeks it shows what can be done by the application of fan power. :clap:

At one time in the 90's DFC were selling 4,000 lottery tickets, but more proceeeds probably ended up in the Cayman Islands or other "safe" havens for the owners, rather than the club. :evil:

If we can reach 1,000 sales by next season, that would mean we can be funding the playing side by £30,000 pa which translates to £600 per game, which could be vital in attracting higher standard players to strengthen the squad, or keeping hold of our best performers. :mrgreen:

I suggest that the Club (tannoy, website, programme & flyers) Echo, Darlo Uncovered, DAFTs, Trust, Supporters Club etc try to strongly advertise this form of investment into our club's resurrection. :idea:

Share ownership and having a vote per share is another way of investing, apparantly now depending on how many shares you can afford to buy. :thumbdown:

A lottery investment may make more sense, if you don't get a vote and a big monthly :evil: win may be more rewarding financially, well until we reach some new dizzying heights and the shares are potentially sought after by a club buyer. :thumbup:

poppyfield

Re: Success of the Lottery - from little acorns....

Post by poppyfield » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:15 pm

It might be worth posting details on here again. :clap:
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:40 pm

Is that the 1883 one that costs £5 a month? I keep on meaning to join that but never get around to it, I can spare a tenner a month for two goes!

200 is really good going.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:16 am

Been meaning to give this another plug on the website and use Neil G Johnson's post as the basis of a write up. Its really good work. I'm going to try and get the folks to join up.

love it!
Team Supported: Darlington 1883

Post by love it! » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:27 am

I think its a travesty that ive been in since day one and havent won yet!

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:51 am

Neil G Johnson wrote:At one time in the 90's DFC were selling 4,000 lottery tickets,
That's massive

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:55 am

Quakerz wrote:Is that the 1883 one that costs £5 a month? I keep on meaning to join that but never get around to it, I can spare a tenner a month for two goes!
Are you allowed more than 1 entry? Serious question. :roll:

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:58 am

joejaques wrote:
Quakerz wrote:Is that the 1883 one that costs £5 a month? I keep on meaning to join that but never get around to it, I can spare a tenner a month for two goes!
Are you allowed more than 1 entry? Serious question. :roll:
Yes, any multiple of £5.

DFCSC1

Post by DFCSC1 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:55 pm

To sign up for the weekly draw please follow the link.

http://www.darlouncovered.com/StandingOrderClub1883.pdf

If anyone does wish to sign up, or take out more entries, fill in the bank details, hand it to your bank (or set up on line) and pm me with your details. I'll issue you a number for future draws.

Remember, 50% of all takings are paid out in prize money, with the other 50% going to help our football club. No commissions, or agent's fees.