Paying back Creditors

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

lo36789
Team Supported: Darlington

Paying back Creditors

Post by lo36789 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:04 pm

I know many fans are looking for us to re-invest profits in improving our playing squad - which clearly in order to keep the attendances up as they are we need to do therein the better the squad the more profits we will have.

Aside from this what is our current position with our creditors. Clearly we won't pay back anything to our main creditor, but what is the outstanding creditor balance excluding him, after the distribution of the money we paid for the assets.

Quakerz

Re: Paying back Creditors

Post by Quakerz » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:15 pm

We're a new club remember? The FA said so.

So...what creditors?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:21 pm

as you have argued many a time, we are the same club. so those creditors.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:32 pm

lo36789 wrote:as you have argued many a time, we are the same club. so those creditors.
I argue that we are the same club, but many people won't accept it. Not least the FA.

"You are a new club" they say. "The FA say you are a new club" they say. Well people can't have it AND have it!

They can't demand that we are a new club yet expect us to continue the debt of a club that THEY SAY went bust. How can this be?

When we said we would try and do something for creditors this was said from the viewpoint of us being a continuation of the same club. The FA have came along and made us a new club by their rules therefore we no longer have any creditors.

If the creditors have a fucking problem with the fact that we are branded as a different club which means we are no longer responsible for debts to them, then they can complain to the FA can't they?

Not only that, I'd be seriously be trying to get out of paying last seasons players any money owed - again, it is a widely held view that their employers Darlington FC went bust. They can go to the sodding PFA.

In fact, I find it absolutely disgusting that s*** players like Arnison, Rundle and Lee can go to other NL clubs who can pay MORE than us, steal a wage, then expect another poor NL club to stump up the remainder of their full time professional contracts that surely a NL club can't afford? They can fuck off too.

Nobody will agree with me but I don't care.

Rant over.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Christophano

Post by Christophano » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:34 pm

lo36789 wrote:as you have argued many a time, we are the same club. so those creditors.
The creditors of dfc 2009 Ltd are nothing to do with us as they (or rather the major creditor) refused the cva. As much as I would love to see us arrange something for the other creditors, I'm not sure that the law would allow us to pay another companies debts like that, certainly not picking and choosing which creditors to pay.
I suppose we could purchase the debt from the individuals, but I'm not sure that would be possible if the company is in administration or liquidation.

micra3

Post by micra3 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:37 pm

Quakerz wrote:
I argue that we are the same club, but many people won't accept it. Not least the FA.

"You are a new club" they say. "The FA say you are a new club" they say. Well people can't have it AND have it!

They can't demand that we are a new club yet expect us to continue the debt of a club that THEY SAY went bust. How can this be?

When we said we would try and do something for creditors this was said from the viewpoint of us being a continuation of the same club. The FA have came along and made us a new club by their rules therefore we no longer have any creditors.

If the creditors have a fucking problem with the fact that we are branded as a different club which means we are no longer responsible for debts to them, then they can complain to the FA can't they?

Not only that, I'd be seriously be trying to get out of paying last seasons players any money owed - again, it is a widely held view that their employers Darlington FC went bust. They can go to the sodding PFA.

In fact, I find it absolutely disgusting that s*** players like Arnison, Rundle and Lee can go to other NL clubs who can pay MORE than us, steal a wage, then expect another poor NL club to stump up the remainder of their full time professional contracts that surely a NL club can't afford? They can fuck off too.

Rant over.

Pay the ex players over 3 years as agreed then stuff the rest(although because of the fa i am tempted to agree with you).
M I C R A 3

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:42 pm

No, fuck the players too. Three of them joined other NL clubs that can pay more than us and will be actively competing against us and trying to stop us going forward.

Not only that, they expect us (and they KNOW we are a fucking Northern League club that can't even pay them what their current NL clubs can pay them) to pay off the full time professional contracts that they had with what the FA say is now an ex club. A non club. A ceased to fucking exist entity.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:19 pm

micra3 wrote:Pay the ex players over 3 years as agreed then stuff the rest(although because of the fa i am tempted to agree with you).
I actually agree with Quakerz re the players - they have all come out absolutely fine out the back of everything.

No the only creditors I would want to pay back are local suppliers who gave credit to Darlington FC in good faith. I don't care about Ticketmaster, I don't care about our ex chairman and I don't care about the players.

Legally no-one could stop us. We can pick and choose to pay someone some money if we want to ~ it would be more a morale thing and would be brilliant for publicity!

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:39 pm

I totally agree with Quakerz. We've been shafted left right and centre and no way should we sacrifice any of the hard work and finance gleened through amazing efforts from a wide range of passionate and loyal fans. Everything must go towards our future. NOTHING should go towards past failures, especially as we have been punished beyond all reasonable expectations. Its a harsh world out there as we know to our OWN cost. Those who say we will be judged in a negative way if we don't pay "creditors" ..... tough! Its a dog eat dog world out there!!!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:45 pm

The point is - a new club can't have any creditors from before it was formed!

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:46 pm

So are ex players still receiving monies owed by the club?
Or did we abandon such plans once hit by the FA.

I say don't pay.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:49 pm

They are still getting agreed payments under TUPE because the board have a conscience. And because the board bought the club which is how the player contracts got TUPE'd over, because it's the same club despite the artificially enforced "new club" status.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:49 pm

local suppliers only for me, they could be a source of future dealings, sponsorship, advertising etc

johninskopje

Post by johninskopje » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:07 pm

Quakerz wrote:

Rant over.
This is possibly the first time I have totally agreed with every word you write-great rant, and the ex-players should read it!

Judge roughneck

Post by Judge roughneck » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:09 pm

Quakerz wrote:

Rant over.

I agree with you

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:43 pm

Judge roughneck wrote:
Quakerz wrote:

Rant over.

I agree with you

Got to say, me too!

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:03 pm

What they could do is to go back to previous suppliers who lost out and offer to use them at slightly higher rates than usual so they can get something back.
Before anyone asks, yes I did do quite a bit of work for the club but got my money when I heard the rumours of Singh doing his dummy spit. Sometimes its handy to listen to rumours from certain people!

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:22 pm

Good points made here.

We were royally shafted by Singh and the F.A, - when we just wanted to keep our club going and do the right thing.

Perhaps it's time for a rethink and some shared thoughts from our Chairman.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Neil_Heaneys_Pace

Paying back Creditors

Post by Neil_Heaneys_Pace » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:48 pm

To be fair, i dont normally agree with most the things Q says. But im totally on board here. If "not paying" = more plays like thompson. Then crack on i say.