Stevie Johnson's Celebration

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo Till I Die
Team Supported: Darlington

Stevie Johnson's Celebration

Post by Darlo Till I Die » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:21 am

What did Steve Johnson do when he scored? Everyone is saying his celebration was great with the fans or something? Couldn't see from where I was stood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Our Football Clubs Are For Life Not Just For Business

AIDO

Re: Stevie Johnson's Celebration

Post by AIDO » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:51 am

He gleefully ran towards the massed, ecstatic crowd in the tin shed before pausing momentarily as he soaked up his brilliant moment and considered "should I, shouldn't I? He then made a gesture towards his shirt (as though to kiss it) and then chose his spot and dived into the beckoning hoards. a very precious moment for everyone and it summed up the whole night of passion by everyone.

He is now a Darlo icon in my eyes and his goal was wonderful too of course. Proper Darlo heart in a proper Darlo supporting lad.

Great, great moment made better by the referee who didn't book him. The only good thing the ref did all night IMO

Well done Steve .... lets have more of it son :clap:

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:38 am

AIDO wrote:He gleefully ran towards the massed, ecstatic crowd in the tin shed before pausing momentarily as he soaked up his brilliant moment and considered "should I, shouldn't I? He then made a gesture towards his shirt (as though to kiss it) and then chose his spot and dived into the beckoning hoards. a very precious moment for everyone and it summed up the whole night of passion by everyone.

He is now a Darlo icon in my eyes and his goal was wonderful too of course. Proper Darlo heart in a proper Darlo supporting lad.

Great, great moment made better by the referee who didn't book him. The only good thing the ref did all night IMO

I did wonder if he knew the bloke. Johnson definitely got ability. Very happy with all 4 forwards and a great move by Gray to switch them around late on.

tezza

Post by tezza » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:01 am

I have already said it in the match thread...an inspiration to us all and a credit to his dad, Charlie, Firth Moor Lad and gentleman taxi driver

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:21 am

princes town wrote:
AIDO wrote:He gleefully ran towards the massed, ecstatic crowd in the tin shed before pausing momentarily as he soaked up his brilliant moment and considered "should I, shouldn't I? He then made a gesture towards his shirt (as though to kiss it) and then chose his spot and dived into the beckoning hoards. a very precious moment for everyone and it summed up the whole night of passion by everyone.

I did wonder if he knew the bloke.
Nope.

mensamoo

Post by mensamoo » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:49 pm

Glad we chose to sponsor his shirt. A true Quaker
let's get a new FA. This one's broken.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:06 pm

I thought he might of known him too

fat tony

Post by fat tony » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:04 pm

Are there any clips of this? Are any of home games being recorded?

Darlo Fonz

Post by Darlo Fonz » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:32 pm

fat tony wrote:Are there any clips of this? Are any of home games being recorded?
I thought we were bringing someone in to record them :(
Darlo Fonz
DARLINGTON FC

tezza

Post by tezza » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:58 am

Looks like it could be lost, mobile phone footage maybe the only hope....anyone...

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:16 pm

I thought he was going to get booked by the ref, as he made to go for his notebook. Fortunately someone told Stevie not to celebrate too excessively.

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:18 pm

D_F_C wrote:I thought he might of known him too
Spoke to him tonight and he didn't know the person in the crowd when I asked him about it. He said he saw someone waving him in and he just went for it.

Its great to have a Darlo lad in the team. With the club being out of town any connection back to our proper home is great.