Darlington RA v Darlington Match Thread

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlofan97
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington RA v Darlington Match Thread

Post by Darlofan97 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:26 am

Says in today's Echo that O'Mahoney won't be offered a deal and we had a trialist at right back called Jamie Harris.

divas

Post by divas » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:29 am

princes town wrote:Fantastic to see Gregan. Not lost any of that positonal awreaness, presence, tackling and ability to hold off attackers in tight situations. My only concern is if Sean is exposed one on one to a nippy striker. There was an a horrendous moment first half yesterday (one of several to be honest) when the the right hand side of the defence team for some strange reason got lost. I didn't get any sense of assurance that the defence first half had any shape at all but it wasn't the the left hand side more the RHS. The RHS side did worry me at times. Second half Purewal came on and he apperad to eb a more suitable foil for Gregan as he is quite athletic. It is up to Martin to decide what his preferred defensive line up but I did think Gregan/Purewal looked more viable way forward. Difficult to judge on one game I accept
Given our pool of centre halves is Gregan, Purewal, Brown and Smith i think we'll be okay. All of the times we've looked dodgy we've had a poor triallist next to Gregan. First choice back 4 of Harrison, Purewal, Brown, Smith should be easy good enough.

divas

Post by divas » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:30 am

Darlofan97 wrote:Says in today's Echo that O'Mahoney won't be offered a deal and we had a trialist at right back called Jamie Harris.
No great shame imo, seemed tricky on the ball but not much of an end product. Nicholls, Purewal and Emms should be fine to start the season with

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:39 am

Makes a nice change to see our wingers putting the ball in above knee height.

Always been a problem for us that.
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:46 am

divas wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:Says in today's Echo that O'Mahoney won't be offered a deal and we had a trialist at right back called Jamie Harris.
No great shame imo, seemed tricky on the ball but not much of an end product. Nicholls, Purewal and Emms should be fine to start the season with
Hmmm, he changed the game against Crook. It was his tricky skill that put Purewal through for our 2nd. It was from his two crosses against Richmond that led to two own goals and he won us a penalty. It was from his corner that we scored from against Durham, not a direct assist as Johnson flicked the ball on, and he got another assist last night.

I was talking to him last night, he's pretty shocked that he's not been offered something.

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:16 am

divas wrote:
princes town wrote:Fantastic to see Gregan. Not lost any of that positonal awreaness, presence, tackling and ability to hold off attackers in tight situations. My only concern is if Sean is exposed one on one to a nippy striker. There was an a horrendous moment first half yesterday (one of several to be honest) when the the right hand side of the defence team for some strange reason got lost. I didn't get any sense of assurance that the defence first half had any shape at all but it wasn't the the left hand side more the RHS. The RHS side did worry me at times. Second half Purewal came on and he apperad to eb a more suitable foil for Gregan as he is quite athletic. It is up to Martin to decide what his preferred defensive line up but I did think Gregan/Purewal looked more viable way forward. Difficult to judge on one game I accept
Given our pool of centre halves is Gregan, Purewal, Brown and Smith i think we'll be okay. All of the times we've looked dodgy we've had a poor triallist next to Gregan. First choice back 4 of Harrison, Purewal, Brown, Smith should be easy good enough.
I am sure that is true. Whoever plays with Gregan must do their job rather than drift all over the place.

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:11 pm

I thought O'Mahoney looked our best attacking option last night and did well considering he had a young kid behind him most of the game.

From last night i would say him, the Purewalls and gregan came out with any credit, the rest looked ver poor (especially the lad that was forced to be subbed)