Away shirt..

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

HarrytheQuaker
Team Supported: Darlington

Away shirt..

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:39 am

Just arrived this morning and I like it the only down side is the badge is stuck on and not sure how many washes b4 it comes off, but never mind can't wait for the home one.Image

Spyman

Re: Away shirt..

Post by Spyman » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:42 am

Real shame not to have an embroidered badge, but a small sacrifice I suppose.

What is the fit/quality like other than that, and when did you order yours? I ordered mine a couple of days after they went on sale so wondering how long until mine arrives.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

HarrytheQuaker

Away shirt..

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:50 am

Spyman wrote:Real shame not to have an embroidered badge, but a small sacrifice I suppose.

What is the fit/quality like other than that, and when did you order yours? I ordered mine a couple of days after they went on sale so wondering how long until mine arrives.
Around the same time spyman, I'm an XL it fits perfect only thing I will say is I like T Shirts just a little longer so mayb XXL might have had a touch more length but it fits perfect. Yeah shame about the badge but we are alive and kicking so that's the main thing.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:52 am

Quite surprised the badge isn't embroidered on. I guess the same will be said for the home shirt. Bit disappointed.

divas

Post by divas » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:52 am

Is it just me or does the badge look big?

I think fo next year we should definitely just get a load of blank shirts and have someone like Alex or Robbo do the embroidery/printing on them.

Got to say i do like the shirt though, looks better in the flesh so to speak.

HarrytheQuaker

Away shirt..

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:55 am

[quote="divas"]Is it just me or does the badge look big?

I think fo next year we should definitely just get a load of blank shirts and have someone like Alex or Robbo do the embroidery/printing on them.

Got to say i do like the shirt though, looks better in the flesh so to speak

Yeah i thought the badge was big.nevermind

Neil_Heaneys_Pace

Post by Neil_Heaneys_Pace » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:03 am

isnt that that the badge that i used for the poster? off wiki links. i thought that wasnt the offical one.

divas

Post by divas » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:09 am

Neil_Heaneys_Pace wrote:isnt that that the badge that i used for the poster? off wiki links. i thought that wasnt the offical one.
This is what i was getting at, i don't think we have a clear vision of what is the official one, i always think of this one as "the one".

However as Hilly said on the other thread the one that you used and is used on this shirt is designed in vector format and the other isn't so that's why that one is used i guess.

As long as we pick one to use across everything then there's not really an issue.

When you look back we've actually had a number of different badges over the 129yr history.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:33 am

divas wrote:
Neil_Heaneys_Pace wrote:isnt that that the badge that i used for the poster? off wiki links. i thought that wasnt the offical one.
This is what i was getting at, i don't think we have a clear vision of what is the official one, always think of this one as "the one".

However as Hilly said on the other thread the one that you used and is used on this shirt is designed in vector format and the other isn't so that's why this one is used i guess.

As long as we pick one to use across everything then there's not really an issue.

When you look back we've actually had a number of different badges over the 129yr history.
Yep, this is 'the one' for me too. With the steam engine not really looking like anything in particular other than a black smudge. It does make sense to modernise it a bit I think, given that better design packages are out there now.

We've had GR's awful effort at a crest, we've had the DFC one among others, but the Quaker hat and steam engine are the symbols I think we all identify with so as long as it is a good quality reproduction of that then I don't think there's a problem, as long as it is consistant.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:42 am

I am sure the commercial team, during the Houghton era, paid someone to redo the crest so it could be resized etc. Maybe it never happened but thats what we could do with doing.

To be honest the badge shouldn't come off as long as you don't wash the shirt at too high a temp. I've got loads of Darlo shirts from down the years and the sponsors etc have never come off.

HarrytheQuaker

Away shirt..

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:47 am

TFDM wrote:I am sure the commercial team, during the Houghton era, paid someone to redo the crest so it could be resized etc. Maybe it never happened but thats what we could do with doing.

To be honest the badge shouldn't come off as long as you don't wash the shirt at too high a temp. I've got loads of Darlo shirts from down the years and the sponsors etc have never come off.
cheers for the tip

Neil_Heaneys_Pace

Away shirt..

Post by Neil_Heaneys_Pace » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:51 am

Aahhhh back to talking about shirt designs and pre season on a friday.
Makes me think about how far we've come since january.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:31 am

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
TFDM wrote:I am sure the commercial team, during the Houghton era, paid someone to redo the crest so it could be resized etc. Maybe it never happened but thats what we could do with doing.

cheers for the tip
Also wash the top inside out and dont iron it!

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:33 am

divas wrote:Is it just me or does the badge look big?

It would be interesting to see the difference in cost between a blank shirt and a printed shirt.

divas

Post by divas » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:35 am

loan_star wrote:
divas wrote:Is it just me or does the badge look big?

It would be interesting to see the difference in cost between a blank shirt and a printed shirt.
Had a quick look and was surprised at how expensive it was to buy these blank actually - around £25.

divas

Post by divas » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:37 am

I think that's exactly what this badge on this shirt is. This one does exist in vector format so i'm guessing that's where it came from. Like i say, as long as we use a standard badge across everything it's all good.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:45 am

I know it's raking over old coals, but we could've got blank shirts for less than £10 each from a reputable brand if we weren't all so set on having hoops.

DC

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:50 am

Sod cheapo blank shirts ..... I just got mine from the postman. (AIDO is well chuffed) ... It's mint. I don't even like red clothes but I bought one and it looks brilliant. The badge is fine. the train looks really good and so does the Quaker hat. Well done to those involved. it looks loads better than online and it has my name on and everything (extra cost like of course). I might even have to go to Crook in it tonight and i don't do friendlies these days ... but hey. I got Large and am not large at all (in any way or form) but it fits perfect.

Am well happy .... just off to the shops to show it off now ..... ;) (Don't think al ever grow up, where Darlo is concerned ... ha ha)

DarloMoose

Post by DarloMoose » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:02 pm

My shirt has also just arrived and I have got to say I'm very pleased with it, the free shorts was a nice bonus :-)

I wasn't sure what size to go for myself being a Medium size in some shops and Large in others, so opted for the large. Fortunately it turned out to be the perfect fit.

I will be wearing it proudly at Crook tonight... Come on Darlo!!
DARLO TILL I DIE

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:15 pm

Postie hasn't been here yet, but I'm hoping I'll get mine today as well then.

DC

dfcchris

Post by dfcchris » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:24 pm

My only problem with all our shirts is they never say "Darlington" on them apart from when we were sponsored by Darlington Building Society meaning folk don't recognise us unless they recognise the badge!! I've always said the badge should have the words Darlington F.C arched like a rainbow over the top of the badge and even this year redesigned it so 1883 was underneath it. After all I'm proud of who we are, who I support and where I'm from. Not so sure we ever promote ourselves enough really!!

DL5

Post by DL5 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:30 pm

Missed the postie, mine will be at the sorting office :cry:

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:44 pm

Mine hasn't arrived yet, though that's because I haven't ordered one.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakers1883
Team Supported: Quakers

Post by Quakers1883 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:23 pm

divas wrote:
This is what i was getting at, i don't think we have a clear vision of what is the official one, i always think of this one as "the one".

However as Hilly said on the other thread the one that you used and is used on this shirt is designed in vector format and the other isn't so that's why that one is used i guess.

This is the offical badge, the one used on the new away shirt with the Loco in colour just doesn't look as good besides whoever redrew the Loco got the angles wrong :thumbdown: Stick with the original badge which has been used on all our recent shirts.
FORZA DARLO

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:31 pm

Quakers1883 wrote:
divas wrote:

This is the offical badge, the one used on the new away shirt with the Loco in colour just doesn't look as good besides whoever redrew the Loco got the angles wrong :thumbdown: Stick with the original badge which has been used on all our recent shirts.
But that's just the thing, because it's so low res it can only be used in certain circumstances.

The vector version of the logo is much more flexible. This one should be used from now on in my opinion.

HarrytheQuaker

Away shirt..

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:41 pm

Another thing just looked at my shorts NO badge. Shame could be anyone's red shorts to be fair.. Never happy.lol

DL5

Post by DL5 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:34 am

Got my new shirt and shorts, I think they're quite decent, nice design,love the collar. The badge could have been embroidered as has been mentioned but what can you do?

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:08 pm

Hilly wrote:
Quakers1883 wrote:
divas wrote:

But that's just the thing, because it's so low res it can only be used in certain circumstances.

The vector version of the logo is much more flexible. This one should be used from now on in my opinion.
Ok, anyone got "the" definitive hi-res version of the badge they could email to me?

Just PM me and I'll give you my email address

Pete

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:51 pm

QuakerPete wrote:
Hilly wrote:
Quakers1883 wrote:
divas wrote:

Ok, anyone got "the" definitive hi-res version of the badge they could email to me?

Just PM me and I'll give you my email address

Pete
Peter, I sent it across to Divas a few weeks ago so he should have it. If you're willing to wait though I'm back in the country tomorrow.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:27 pm

Mine was ordered and paid for yesterday, along with 2 Bishop tickets and the FM game :)