advertising matches

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

MB86DFC
Team Supported: Darlington

advertising matches

Post by MB86DFC » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:23 pm

As the games are going to be out of the town i think it is extremely important to advertse when, where and who we are playing so we are constantly in the faces of the public. Have 1883 looked into using billboards around the town to advertise. I looked into it recently and it costs £400(+VAT) per billboard for a 2 week post, but there is a minimum annual spend of £3000(+VAT). this means the club could time the advertising to appear on the billboard for a week or so up to each match, increasing our likelyhood of attracting floating fans. My biggest problem with how the last few chariman ran the club was that there wasn't much around town telling people when the games were. I have a lot of freinds who didn't even know if we were at home or not that weekend.

Has this idea got legs or is it just a waste of time? for it to be financially viable we would have to get an extra 20 people through the gate for each home match paying 8 quid, anything extra and it makes money.

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Re: advertising matches

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:31 pm

I think everyone should stick posters in their windows.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

divas

Post by divas » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:34 pm

I approached the board with a much cheaper option - a mobile AdVan some mo thwack. Once we're playing again it may be useful to revisit this. However I'm not that sure given the league and town we're playing in that advertising will do much good. We'll struggle to attract more than the hardcore even if we spends thousands on advertising and those hard ore will know exactly when and where we're playing

charlie

Post by charlie » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:26 pm

My front window gets a lot of attention, currently have civic poster and forum poster up, just happen to live on the short cut for Darlington College. Took awhile to get used to the fact folk wern`t peeping into my front room :-/

karlo-cardiff

advertising matches

Post by karlo-cardiff » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:38 am

Many years ago when I followed Aylesbury United I drove round with the next few fixtures on a poster in my car window,all the local fish and chip shops had posters for free or very little cost and quite a few local pubs had posters scattered around the pub-Aylesbury averaged around 1200 that season so may or may not work for darlo.......

The_Ponderer

Post by The_Ponderer » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:33 am

I think £3k is money we can ill afford, however as we continue to engage with businesses and organisations we should ask if they can put up fixture posters and maybe even keep a stock of fixture cards to give to anyone who asks.

Places with plenty of foot-fall are where we need to advertise: The Dollie, Colleges, paper shops, indoor market, working men's clubs charlie's window :thumbup: for starters.
Any and every local advertising website possible should carry fixture details.

Also, the transport arrangements should be clearly advertised so that folk aren't left wondering about how to get up to Bishop.

mensamoo

Post by mensamoo » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:44 am

charlie wrote:My front window gets a lot of attention, currently have civic poster and forum poster up, just happen to live on the short cut for Darlington College. Took awhile to get used to the fact folk wern`t peeping into my front room :-/
Hi Charlie I must be your neighbour. Keep up the good work!!
let's get a new FA. This one's broken.

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

Post by liddle_4_ever » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:15 am

The_Ponderer wrote: Also, the transport arrangements should be clearly advertised so that folk aren't left wondering about how to get up to Bishop.
I also think it is imperative that travel arrangements are on the fixture list cards that get passed around.
Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:19 pm

All we need is a regular monthly pdf on here that can be printed off at source. Take a couple to work -stick one in the car - local shop etc. That is practically no cost and can be updated at will when fixtures change.

charlie

Post by charlie » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:10 pm

mensamoo wrote:
charlie wrote:My front window gets a lot of attention, currently have civic poster and forum poster up, just happen to live on the short cut for Darlington College. Took awhile to get used to the fact folk wern`t peeping into my front room :-/
Hi Charlie I must be your neighbour. Keep up the good work!!

I have more posters if you want to adorn your front window?