Feethams Facts Sad

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Fatty eats roadkill
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Feethams Facts Sad

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:40 am

So your 20+ years mean bog all according to your own argument.

Give up l4e, you've shot yourself in the foot there!

Took a Carlisle fan to make you see the light mind!
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

Post by liddle_4_ever » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:50 am

I have not shot myself in to foot, care to show otherwise?
Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!

divas

Post by divas » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:56 am

Have just skim read some of this and all I can say is that if you'd channeled this much energy into actually working towards something worth while you'd be on your way to achieving it.

Nothing is ruled out at the moment. Some options are more likely bur L4E if you feel so passionate about feethams get in contact with Doug and Shaun and drive it forward. Others can look at other options and we might get somewhere quicker.

Far too many people would rather but their energy into tit for tat on here than stepping up to do something worthwhile for the club with that time.

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:59 am

Yeah, cos none of us do that eh divas?

Still I'll cease hostilities towards l4e due to him not seeing what everyone else can, so there's no point labouring the fact.

liddle_4_ever

Post by liddle_4_ever » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:23 am

divas wrote:Have just skim read some of this and all I can say is that if you'd channeled this much energy into actually working towards something worth while you'd be on your way to achieving it.

Nothing is ruled out at the moment. Some options are more likely bur L4E if you feel so passionate about feethams get in contact with Doug and Shaun and drive it forward. Others can look at other options and we might get somewhere quicker.

Far too many people would rather but their energy into tit for tat on here than stepping up to do something worthwhile for the club with that time.

Divas I'd love to, I honestly would, the sense of satisfaction if successful would be like no other, but due to where I am usually situated it would take me between 6 hours and 4 days to get back to the town so it is simply not possible.

divas

Post by divas » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:48 am

We live in the 21st century where people do business with people in other countries on a daily basis.

There's plenty you'll be able to do via phone/Internet

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:59 am

Tit for tat divas?

liddle_4_ever

Post by liddle_4_ever » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:11 pm

Yes we may live in the 21st century but unfortunately some of the places I go to are from the middle ages.

charlie

Post by charlie » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:42 pm

liddle_4_ever wrote:
charlie wrote:Having been sitting this one out, would like to point out that whatever emotion I may lack about the Feethams issue my hubby has in droves, decisions in our household are made as a couple and will be regarding the Darlo FC situation AND AFTER 31 YEARS i FEEL HE IS MORE THAN QUALIFIED.
I`m finding your posts about me quite frankly to be rude and obnoxious and would appreciate if you stopped, I`ve met many folk off this message board at Darlo football games and fundraising functions but quite frankly you are by far the rudest I`ve come across.You are entitled to your opinion as are all of us but to turn this thread into pages of trying to justify your opinion of me is actually quite laughable. Thank heavens I`ve come across great Darlo supporters because folk like you are enough to put us newbies off for life.
I don’t mind drawing a line in the sand and leaving it as is, after this post. But this is dependent on people outside my control.

I have never mentioned your husband’s ability to make an informed opinion. Having a friend or family member who is a long time supporter can only offer a little more than a complete new fan. As I have already said if my partner was a doctor for 31 years would you want me to operate on you? If she was a pilot for 31 years would to want me to fly your plane? Of cause not as no matter how much she spoke about it I could never gain enough from it.

I’m sorry that you think I’m rude but I hope you can realise it is very difficult to convey “I don’t value your opinion” without being rude but other than that I don’t believe I have been rude, I just disagree with you. It was not a personal attack and I would agree that you will know more than most fans who have been interested for such a short period of time but I will never agree that anyone could be classed as informed in such a short time frame.

Let me make this clear for those who just skim read or miss the point entirely, I have never, ever, said that anyone is not entitled to an opinion but not all opinions are equal. I did not turn this into pages about you, the majority of what I have posted, and what I started posting about, was Feethams and our next ground. However I did respond to each post, as to ignore them would be rude.
therep wrote:Chinese squillionaire "Got £12345 million gan spare. In my opinion Darlo could be bigger than Crewe so I'm gonna invest"

Liddle "How long have you been interested?"

Chinese squillionaire "10 minutes"

Liddle "Sorry boss. You'll have to sit on it for 20 years until I consider you worthy. And stop putting bamboo shoots in chow mein"

Keep up the bad work.
Strange post, but I stand by what I have previously said, the finance invested does not affect the validity of the opinion.

Ps water chestnut FTW.
I dont think a lifelong long love of a football club is in quite the same league as a surgeon do you? However, my hubby`s love of the club does influence my opinion as he voices his opinions to me, and seeing as the membership of the CIC belongs to the 2 of us it will be a vote cast by a new fan and a lifelong fan.
So cutting a long story short, you do not value my opinion?! Ok here it is from my point of view, Every single person on this thread I will quite happily sit and have a pint with next season or at various fund raising activities except for you. You come across as rude and condescending, as a club we should be welcoming new fans not trying to alienate them and telling them their view point is not important (even if it just your personal opinion). We are trying to build a community spirited club and your attitude just smacks it in the face. Well done mate I hope your proud of yourself, in my six months of supporting Darlo FC you are the only PERSON WHO HAS MADE ME FEEL UNWELCOME.
I have put a lot of time and energy into this club in the 6 months I`ve supported and will continue to do so, the likes of you however could of influenced me to say s@d it I`m outta here. But putting things into context I do not care for or value such a narrow minded opinion. Thankyou and dont say hallo if were ever at the same match.

bedaledarlo

Post by bedaledarlo » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:18 am

Political correctness gone mental on this post.

It's the usual I never question anything the leadership is doing nonsense from Jazz (this has made you look an utter fool bereft of ideas in the past though hasn't it..)
The club has to return to the town centre.
The arguments against seem quite weak to me. Lots of space in the centre, transport links, people can walk it and it is central to the population hubs.

The key point is whether we have a choice or not, we must live with what we are allowed to run with. But let's not dress it up as being an equally good option and let's act like the key CIC stakeholder, not the council's bitches. Let's at least try to make the arguments to the council about what makes the most sense.

To say there would be as many at Blackwell as at a town centre ground is what you are accusing Liddle4eva of. Pure guesswork. Illogical and poor guesswork at that I'm sure

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:29 am

bedaledarlo wrote:Political correctness gone mental on this post.

It's the usual I never question anything the leadership is doing nonsense from Jazz (this has made you look an utter fool bereft of ideas in the past though hasn't it..)
As a neutral, no I don't recall seeing that.
The club has to return to the town centre.
Does it? Why? Are there any facts and stats whatsoever to support that statement? All I have heard off people is wishful thinking and false statements about how much easier it was to just nip to the match from the town centre, well maybe it was but the attendances pre GR were always poor. The convenience of the location never benefited us before.
The arguments against seem quite weak to me. Lots of space in the centre, transport links, people can walk it and it is central to the population hubs.
There seems to be very little space to me, and the biggest hurdle is modern planning rules - the chances of building a ground in town is next to zero, because they would insist on a sizeable car park these days, which increases the space needed.
The key point is whether we have a choice or not, we must live with what we are allowed to run with. But let's not dress it up as being an equally good option and let's act like the key CIC stakeholder, not the council's bitches.
I agree that we must live with what we are allowed to run with, but like it or not we ARE the council's bitches, for many reasons. Without their help, we have nothing. Example, if S&S manage to sell the Arena, the council have the power to get us a cut - and let's not forget we don't own the ground, nor do we play there, so have no right to anything.
Let's at least try to make the arguments to the council about what makes the most sense.
Ever thought that may have already been done?
To say there would be as many at Blackwell as at a town centre ground is what you are accusing Liddle4eva of. Pure guesswork.
Wouldn't it be pure guesswork to say it WOULDN'T?

JM has not used pure guesswork, he has a framework of real stats to choose from which give a good representation of town centre v out of town centre attendances - and lets face it, it's ALL about what impact a move has on attendances. The framework he can use of course is Feethams crowds vs Arena crowds. Let me tell you, from reviewing those stats, it does NOT jump out that we are better off in the town centre.
Illogical and poor guesswork at that I'm sure
Standard baseless bedey dig.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

divas

Post by divas » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:34 am

Given the club will be running buses direct from the town centre to Heritage Park next season I expect huge attendances. It'll be just like having a town centre ground surely?

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:54 am

I think our attendances at Bishop will dictate the minimum we will expect at Darlington regardless of the location in the borough.

Quite simple really.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:10 pm

Quakerz saved me a job there.

Why do you bother bedale? You literally offer nothing. At least liddle_4_ever has an opinion and reasons for believing it, regardless of how wrong I think it is.

You just rock up like a fly on shite looking for a rise with your made up, baseless, inane rambling.

bedaledarlo

Post by bedaledarlo » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:20 pm

Q you are not a neutral, dont claim you are. Jazz is your little wiener-licker. If he wasn't how come you are saying you don't remember him making a cloth c*** of himself?

To put facts behind it there were several occasions when people questioned Singh, who had appeared to be getting things wrong and Jazz came up with earth shattering arguments along the lines of 'he's a successful businessman, you are in no position to question him or his business plans as a McDonalds worker/retard'

Only to look a tool when things went wrong.

He ALWAYS runs with status quo. It is both predictable and God-awful dull.

I don't think you can say numbers have been put to this, you are going off history. Different leagues, different grounds, different demographics, ownership, players, management.

Stupidly simplistic and clearly presumptuous to conclude that Feethams didn't benefit from the town centre location. It had other drawbacks, but a redeveloped Feethams would have had higher attendances than the arena, most would agree on that.

I agree they may have explored it, but that doesnt mean we as owners of our own destiny shouldnt be seeking answers as to why we can't go town centre. let's be hearing why it's a non-runner. I'm not convinced.

Parking seems a big red herring to me. Have you seen a town centre of our size with more parking?

If we shall get in the way of the new centre developments then fair play, but shouldn't we be arguing that we should be integral to such plans?

I don't know who Lidds4eva is, but saying we need to think past the next 5 years is surely a very cogent point. Fans will not abandon us because we are putting the right long-term plans in place.

I agree we need to have the council on board, but development at any cost has been our undoing before.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:36 pm

Waaaaaa waaaaaa waaaaaaa

Jazz is bad, please say im right :lol:

You keep referencing these times ive supposedly been made to look a c***, but all anyone remembers is you been made to look a idiot over 8 page marathon threads before disappearing in shame for months on end.

Back under your rock paedaledarlo.
Last edited by Jazz Maverick on Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:39 pm

bedaledarlo wrote:Q you are not a neutral, dont claim you are. Jazz is your little wiener-licker. If he wasn't how come you are saying you don't remember him making a cloth c*** of himself?
Because he never did.

Also, I see you're trying to get a rise out of both of us by being insulting, like usual (Jazz is your little weiner licker). And when you get it back with interest, we all know what happens then
To put facts behind it there were several occasions when people questioned Singh, who had appeared to be getting things wrong and Jazz came up with earth shattering arguments along the lines of 'he's a successful businessman, you are in no position to question him or his business plans as a McDonalds worker/retard'

Only to look a tool when things went wrong.

He ALWAYS runs with status quo. It is both predictable and God-awful dull.
Running with the status quo doesn't always make it wrong.
I don't think you can say numbers have been put to this, you are going off history. Different leagues, different grounds, different demographics, ownership, players, management.
Yes I know they are different grounds in different places and that's why we compare them! :roll: As for the league, most of our history at either ground has been in L2, so yet another good basis for comparison.
Stupidly simplistic and clearly presumptuous to conclude that Feethams didn't benefit from the town centre location. It had other drawbacks, but a redeveloped Feethams would have had higher attendances than the arena, most would agree on that.
Most would agree? Based on what?

You can say what you like but the average crowd over 9 years at the Arena (including two non league seasons) was higher than the average crowd at Feethams in the previous decade - and the Feethams average included the £5 season where crowds rocketed and the following two seasons where we kept a decent proportion of the new fans.
I agree they may have explored it, but that doesnt mean we as owners of our own destiny shouldnt be seeking answers as to why we can't go town centre. let's be hearing why it's a non-runner. I'm not convinced.
It's a non runner because we never owned the land, it has been sold, etc etc. Is this fair? I'd agree probably not, in as much as the football club has had less say on Feethams as some piss ant cricket club. But fairness unfortunately is irrelevant.

I'd love to return to Feethams myself, but we need to be planning for a new ground now, Feethams isn't going to be resolved in our favour any time soon, if at all, and there is your problem right there.
Parking seems a big red herring to me. Have you seen a town centre of our size with more parking?
There's not THAT much parking.
If we shall get in the way of the new centre developments then fair play, but shouldn't we be arguing that we should be integral to such plans?
Only if being based at Feethams is a realistic proposition.
I don't know who Lidds4eva is, but saying we need to think past the next 5 years is surely a very cogent point. Fans will not abandon us because we are putting the right long-term plans in place.
Abandoning things is what Darlo fans do best. Of course we'll get abandoned if we're out of town for 5+ years, especially if we're not making progress on the Feethams issue.
I agree we need to have the council on board, but development at any cost has been our undoing before.
The council will call the shots, like it or lump it.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

bedaledarlo

Post by bedaledarlo » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:04 pm

You wouldn't say he did make a total tool of himself in the thread where he climbed up your schwinchter, then you had to apologise for being wrong, changed your mind and he carried on agreeing with you, then had to choose which Q he agreed with?!!

Or when he said Chandler was not the answer?
Or when he said Cooper knew best?
Or when he said solar power was a fad?
The alternative vote risking a fascist Britain?
I could go on....

In terms of the comparison the problem is the arena and Feethams aren't apples for apples stadiums are they? You have a different fan goes to the arena, it's facilities are tremendous. With arenaesque facilities on a smaller scale in the town centre we have a solid future.

Feethams itself and its issues shouldn't sidetrack us from a town centre goal. Theres mountains of parking! Not THAT much.... give it a rest!

Q you should know the status quo has been pretty poor over the years at Darlo. Poor point. Incidentally I think 1883 are great but need support and have many balls to juggle. They won't be right all the time.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:06 pm

Yawn, zzzzz, etc.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:15 pm

bedaledarlo wrote:You wouldn't say he did make a total tool of himself in the thread where he climbed up your schwinchter, then you had to apologise for being wrong, changed your mind and he carried on agreeing with you, then had to choose which Q he agreed with?!!

Or when he said Chandler was not the answer?
You mean when he was playing like s***, got dropped for a while and then came back good? Sounds like I was right.
Or when he said Cooper knew best?
You mean the season he won the FA trophy, our only silverware in recent history? The same silverware you were wanking off over? At that time he was the right man - sacking him like you wanted would have left us with no trophy and no better off in the league
Or when he said solar power was a fad?
I said large scale wind power was a fad, and it is, but don't let that stop you making stuff up to achieve a non existent victory over me.
The alternative vote risking a fascist Britain?
I could go on....
Nope, again completely made up. I said it was a bad idea and you stated rattling on about being right wing/daily mail etc.

Why are you doing this? Why are you so obsessed with winning an argument with me that you completely make stuff to make it appear so?

You never will and never have bested me. I've humiliated you more times than I care to remember. It's only an Internet forum bedale, don't get so caught up in it.

bedaledarlo

Post by bedaledarlo » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:18 pm

On his 14,894th post and he writes yawn!

What you doing for the 15,000th? 2 litre bottle of pepsi and a game of soggy biscuit with your Trekkie mates?

You and Darlo Pete having a marathon MSN session?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:22 pm

bedaledarlo wrote:On his 14,894th post and he writes yawn!

What you doing for the 15,000th? 2 litre bottle of pepsi and a game of soggy biscuit with your Trekkie mates?

You and Darlo Pete having a marathon MSN session?
Trying to get a chomp again? Zzzzzzzzz.

Is that all you have in your locker, insults? I have good arguments AND insults in mine. Can't be arsed with your pointless, baseless debates and made up accusations today, I really can't.

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:30 pm

Yeah, we're not doing this again. Locked.
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website