Investing direct in DFC1883

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Matt_of_the_Day
Team Supported: Darlington

Investing direct in DFC1883

Post by Matt_of_the_Day » Sun May 27, 2012 2:54 pm

This is just an FYI for anyone who invested in the original CrowdCube but who wasn't so hot on the CIC model (or who knows someone like that). Apologies for anyone who already knows this, but as 1883 can't advertise directly investing I thought I'd mention it again.

I've just been in touch with 1883 over direct investment. You can invest direct in 1883Ltd, in the same way that you could under the CrowdCube model. There will be hard copy share certificates issued at some point, should you want something to frame/pass on to the kids/get done up as a tattoo. As far as I'm aware (I didn't check), voting rights will be the same as under the original model, so your share(s) will get you a say in the running of the club.

Legal reasons mean that you need to approach 1883 directly to ask about investing - questions@savedarlo.org is the email address you need. They were dead quick at getting back to me on this, even over a weekend.

Tbh imho there doesn't seem to be any advantage in doing things this way, but I guess it's one less intermediary to go through.

I've stuck money in both now, and will probably stick some more in DUFF next time I get paid, just to cover all the bases. I was going to hold back this time, I'd kind of been regretting putting so much into CrowdCube, but the CVA roadblocks, and the move out of town, and the FA have got me riled, and I've actually put more in this time around than last. This is my club, and if I have to live of beans for the next year to fund it, that's what's going to have to happen.
-------------------------------------------
*Slight edit, as this appears to have taken off and I'm worried I've just saddled some poor board member with an admin nightmare - from the savedarlo website, I'm guessing this is aimed at donations larger than the £100 which would get you a vote in the CIC. If you're getting one vote there anyway, there's no great reason to opt for a direct vote instead, and will probably be more hassle to administer from 1883's point of view, as they'd need to go through all the legal hoops to get you registered as a share holder. This method should be good for any of the bigger investors though - those people who put in a few hundred or more in CrowdCube or Balliotelli, say.*
Last edited by Matt_of_the_Day on Sun May 27, 2012 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

charlie

Re: Investing direct in DFC1883

Post by charlie » Sun May 27, 2012 4:14 pm

bump

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun May 27, 2012 4:17 pm

Can we actually sticky this?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sun May 27, 2012 4:19 pm

Yeah get it stickied. Could it be e-mailed round to all uncovered members too? We need to get word out about this.

quakerlady

Post by quakerlady » Sun May 27, 2012 4:31 pm

Thanks for this - I have just sent them an email and will reinvest my money as soon as I get the info from them

charlie

Post by charlie » Sun May 27, 2012 4:34 pm

there you go

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Sun May 27, 2012 4:41 pm

We need a "sticky" in the Echo too Charlie (of sorts). Not everyone we need to invest comes on here and from talking with other people they are more than a little confused as to what is going on and what they need to do. You know the type! Notwithstanding, the Echo needs to do a proper promotion of the new deal if possible. Look North and what not have created an air of despondency and defeat. Reading Scully's letter will help .... but we need something pdq to get people, not only re-investing, but also investing in the first place!

charlie

Post by charlie » Sun May 27, 2012 4:43 pm

Ok give me a sec and I`ll get the Echo to notice this thread ;-)

charlie

Post by charlie » Sun May 27, 2012 4:45 pm

done

uncovered
Site Admin

Post by uncovered » Sun May 27, 2012 8:00 pm

okay, here we go I was correct (as usual ;) ). Investing directly into 1883 is possible, but only if it a significant amount. You cannot invest small amounts directly into 1883. If you have £10k or more then I would suggest you contact 1883 to invest, but not a few hundred quid.

scott

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Mon May 28, 2012 9:10 am

uncovered wrote:okay, here we go I was correct (as usual ;) ). Investing directly into 1883 is possible, but only if it a significant amount. You cannot invest small amounts directly into 1883. If you have £10k or more then I would suggest you contact 1883 to invest, but not a few hundred quid.

scott
It does not have to be £10k, you can invest less. I don't know what the minimum amount is, only way to find out is to email 1883.

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Tue May 29, 2012 9:24 am

Or, if you're not bothered about a share certificate or voting rights, and just want to donate some money (any amount you like) to 1883 with as little fuss as possible you can just do a bank transfer straight into their account.

For peace of mind and security purposes you should email them at the address in my signature for their bank details, or you can trust me that these are the bank details you're looking for:

Darlington Football Club 1883 Ltd.

Account number – 20187379
Sort code – 09-01-28
Address – Santander, 43-45 High Row, Darlington

Edit: Please add your name or other unique reference (email address, website, or your Disney character of choice) when you do the transfer, to help them track where the money has come from.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

AnthonyP

Post by AnthonyP » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:37 pm

[quote="Robbie Painter] It does not have to be £10k, you can invest less. I don't know what the minimum amount is, only way to find out is to email 1883.[/quote]

For completeness, the minimum amount to invest direct with 1883 would be £500.00.

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:42 pm

Stenhousemuir fc who also run the CIC model sell individual shares for around £37 each.

If individual shares like the above became openly available I would look to buy 1 or 2
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

Neil G Johnson

Post by Neil G Johnson » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:33 pm

I invested a sizeable sum in 1883 after weeks of quizzing.

I was then informed by the club in writing that the voting rights will be, as per normal, one share : one vote.

This is news that should be checked and broadcast by the Echo and the 1883 & DAFTS website, because the unworkable one member : one vote musings in the Echo may have put most of the larger Crowd Cube investors off.

There's been a very good job done by the fans in getting the Internet & publicity side sorted out, after decades of mis-management / carpet bagging at DFC, but somehow the 1883 / CIC board missed a trick by not encouraging larger investments post Crowd Cube.

In the short term, there's probably a better return by doing the 1883 lottery than buying shares, but you never know if Darlo can get back in the Football League, with a suitable stadium this time, the shares may substantially gain in value.

Neil G Johnson

Post by Neil G Johnson » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:17 pm

Is there anyone nearer to the club, e.g. the Echo, Trust or Supporters Club, who can explain the the INTENTIONS about future 1883/CIC investments and voting, regardless of timing?

I suppose we have to be patient about share issue timing, as there may be secretive political / commercial moves going w.r.t. the new ground in Darlo that need to be finalised before the club is allowed to make a share issue & prospectus.

The club obviously needs the stimulus from long term investments to supplement gate receipts and improved lotteries and merchandising, otherwise we could get bogged down in deep debts to banks when trying to fund the recently published directives.

This season we have no FA Cup or FA Trophy income and maybe zero income from ground advertising.

Affording a new ground, higher signing on fees & wages in higher levels and a need to redevelop the youth set-up needs healthy financing, rather than waht might be one-off good-will donations.

I don't see the issue in publicising the intentions, without any further info.