Marske Ticket Prices - Idea of other club charges

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

super_les_mcjannet
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat May 26, 2012 8:31 pm

Prices for Marske next season, just an indication of prices. Not sure if Marske are top/middle or bottom in term of pricing structure.

The link shows more structure to season tickets but the main info is below anyhow.

http://www.marskeunitedfc.com/seasontickets.htm

Season Tickets

Purchased before 1st July
Adults (from) £84
OAP's (from) £42
Kids (from) £31

Purchased from 1st July onwards
Adults (from) £95
OAP's (from) £47
Kids (from) £38

On the Day

Adult £5.00
OAP's £2.50
Children £2.00
Programme £1.00

wellindarlo

Re: Marske Ticket Prices - Idea of other club charges

Post by wellindarlo » Sat May 26, 2012 8:43 pm

Last season prices at the champions Spenny;

League games – at the gate.
Adults £6
Child / OAP £3

Season Tickets
Adult £100
Child / OAP £42

Family Season Tickets
Adult + Child £125
Adult + 2 Children £145
Two adults + Child £230
Two adults + 2 Children £250

I think we should be looking at charging more than this. Out of curiosity, would Darlo fans be willing to pay £8 and let the away support be charged £6 at the gate? Would the £8 charge put off away fans?

anus

Post by anus » Sat May 26, 2012 8:45 pm

We've got to forget about the likes of marske. If we start charging a fiver to get in we're fucked..simple as!
IMO we can't be charging less than £10 for adults and £6 for oap's and youths! Make season tickets work out at £8 for adults and 5 for concessions.
This season needs to be a temporary stop off and if we charge peanuts we'll only attract monkeys. (and that's not indicating we should go for Adam Boyd).

shawry

Post by shawry » Sat May 26, 2012 8:49 pm

Struggle to see how we could develop if we charge either of those prices.

Possibly the best way to market would be £10/12 a game with no increase next season.

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Sat May 26, 2012 10:20 pm

Fuck paying 10 quid to watch northern league football in shildon. Are you all on glue?

wellindarlo

Post by wellindarlo » Sat May 26, 2012 10:51 pm

MB86DFC wrote:Fuck paying 10 quid to watch northern league football in shildon. Are you all on glue?
Don't hold back there.

Free_Transfer

Post by Free_Transfer » Sat May 26, 2012 11:55 pm

MB86DFC wrote:Fuck paying 10 quid to watch northern league football in shildon. Are you all on glue?
My sentiments exactly. £10 to watch Northern League is taking the piss. Four leagues down from where we were, and only -£8 difference, no ta!

cameron-darlo
Team Supported: Darlington, newcastle

Post by cameron-darlo » Sun May 27, 2012 12:07 am

as been said, the team that won the league were only charging £6 for adults, so why couldn't we? charging £10 to watch northern league would be a piss take.

RA1919
Team Supported: Darlington RA

Post by RA1919 » Sun May 27, 2012 12:41 am

£8 is too much for Northern League Football. Fact.
Darlington RA keeping the faith

Take Heed
Team Supported: Gateshead/Sunderland

Post by Take Heed » Sun May 27, 2012 3:34 am

anus wrote:We've got to forget about the likes of marske. If we start charging a fiver to get in we're fucked..simple as!
IMO we can't be charging less than £10 for adults and £6 for oap's and youths! Make season tickets work out at £8 for adults and 5 for concessions.
This season needs to be a temporary stop off and if we charge peanuts we'll only attract monkeys. (and that's not indicating we should go for Adam Boyd).
Marske are charging average prices for the Northern League and you cannot 'forget' about the likes of all the teams in your division. :roll:

To charge a premium above the best in the NL, say £8 (I think Spenny charge £6 and this is considered controversially high), you are potentially pricing out the away fans and the curious. There will be possibly teams playing in the same league charging half that, although I suspect the £4 charge in the NL may well be a thing of the past come next season.

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Sun May 27, 2012 5:20 am

Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

Santino

Post by Santino » Sun May 27, 2012 5:53 am

shawry wrote: Possibly the best way to market would be £10/12 a game with no increase next season.
£12 :lol:

Judge roughneck

Post by Judge roughneck » Sun May 27, 2012 6:00 am

I think our ticket prices have to be comparable to the rest of the northern league. As we are now a community club we should be trying to attract supporters through the gates, not alienate them.

son of shinner

Post by son of shinner » Sun May 27, 2012 6:33 am

those that want to pay £10 or£12 a game must be on double giros every week,also dont think the giro merchants would fork that out,and theres a fair few follow darlo.

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Sun May 27, 2012 7:09 am

If we stick to the same ad spenny, (6 quid) but have double the crowd then we have double the budget. Have some collection buckets around for those that want to pay more.

MikeinBlack

Post by MikeinBlack » Sun May 27, 2012 9:17 am

Really, we cannot risk charging £10 or more and halving our attendance if things on the pitch don't go to plan. If Spenny (Champions and Champions Elect before we landed on them) charge £6, then so should we (or maybe £1 more). With our projected attendance we will still be among the top budgeted teams in the league - no idea on what finances are like at Spenny et al but we have zero, or -£100k right now and cannot afford to price ourselves out of the market. We do have a core of 1,000+ fans but to ask them to pay £10 to watch a Northern League game in mid winter at Shildon must be looked upon as financial madness.
COME ON DARLO!

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Sun May 27, 2012 9:24 am

8 quid for adults I reckon.

We have an in demand product (when compared to the other teams in this league) so we should price it as such, but without taking the piss.

I don't subscribe to the alienating away fans theory at this level, most teams will bring about 5 fans regardless of price.

love it!
Team Supported: Darlington 1883

Post by love it! » Sun May 27, 2012 9:48 am

Are we really worried about alienating the away support, all 25-50 of them?

£8 to me would be a fair price to pay if you consider £18 on the door at the arena and the quality of football this season was very poor in most matches.

Im aware the standard will be even lower but we are building the club up from foundations and we need the ongoing support from our loyal fans.

At £8 im sure people like myself will often buy an extra ticket as it cheap!!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun May 27, 2012 9:58 am

The decision is to be made today at a board meeting, I hope they are listening to the fans, £8 should be the maximum.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun May 27, 2012 10:14 am

£8. Adult
£4. Concession (OAP & Student)
£2. Under 16
Free Under 5s

If we do go with that £8 x 23 is £184. I have no idea what level of discount we should be giving for STs

If bought before July 1st (is it too optimistic to think we will have them sorted by then)

£120 - Adults
£60 - Concessions
£30 - Under 16s

If bought after July 1st

£140 - Adults
£70 - Concessions
£35 - Under 16s

10 Game Ticket (A stub that gets stamped on entry allowing entry to any 10 league games over the season)

£60 - Adult
£30 - Concession
£20 - Under 16s

Family Tickets (Child = Under 16s)

£155 Adult + Child (£15 per extra child)
£200 Two adults + Child (£15 per extra child)

I don't think this loses us too much money on ST discounts, maybe adds some incentive but also gives a number of options that suit peoples needs.

MOST important is we make a deal with the travel companies try and get an arrangement to get a matchday discount on travel with production of a valid season ticket. I don't know how heavily the bus/train companies can afford to discount but I wouldn't be that shocked if £1 returns weren't out of the question (the journeys are going to happy anyway after all) and it may just be that little incentive people need not to take the car.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun May 27, 2012 10:32 am

Take Heed wrote: To charge a premium above the best in the NL, say £8 (I think Spenny charge £6 and this is considered controversially high), you are potentially pricing out the away fans and the curious.
Er, fuck the away fans, they won't come in significant enough numbers to make a difference to our income.

I don't think that £7/8 in, and a pound extra to sit, is outrageously over the top to charge as a price.

We can't be fucking about with £5 and £6 entry if we want the best players. Neither can we charge a tenner for Northern League.

When people are talking of £5 in at Marske, and £6 at Spenny - this is standing not seating right? As for season ticket prices last season they will have been worked out on a 21 game season, this season it will be 23 matches.

For me, fair not over the top pricing, but pricing which gives us a top end income would be

Evostik Premier - £10/11 standing £12/13 seating (Chester charged £10+£12 but have many more seats to take advantage of selling)

Evostik D1N - £8/9 standing £10/11 seating (Chester charged £8+£10)

NL - £7/8 standing, pound extra to sit.

I'd not be unhappy at those levels, in fact I'd expect those levels.

Anyone chirpsing on about it only being £6 in at Spennymoor - go and watch Spennymoor if you're that keen for a bargain. Let's not forget that gate income is massively important, but also 20% of the gate charge is VAT so the club don't see all of it.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun May 27, 2012 10:40 am

It seems the fair and general consensus is £8, which is high enough to have the edge on other teams especially with our hopefully much larger crowds. This should please the regulars and hopefully be enough to bring in fairweather fans on regular occasions Those of us who want to and are willing to pay more then we should look to putting this extra in sponsorship or a DD etc.

We need to be sponsoring, selling merchandise, 50/50 tickets like never before, especially in the early days when you will get a good few that will pop along to see what all this Darlo in the Northern League is about.

Counting on Big Tim and the alleged boo-boys and the the drumming team to create a fantastic atmosphere.

love it!
Team Supported: Darlington 1883

Post by love it! » Sun May 27, 2012 11:05 am

Start by setting up £5 a month on the weekly draw which is an excellant additional revenue stream!

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun May 27, 2012 11:10 am

love it! wrote:Start by setting up £5 a month on the weekly draw which is an excellant additional revenue stream!
Agreed and I done this on Friday night. I urge others who can to do this. The main monthly draw was £180, which is a good return as well as the 3 other £50 draws. The more in the more we will get out for the winners and for DFC.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun May 27, 2012 11:22 am

MB86DFC wrote:If we stick to the same ad spenny, (6 quid) but have double the crowd then we have double the budget.
It doesn't work like that at any level of football and you should know this by now. We won't have double the budget because Spenny have something that we don't have - Brad Groves. We need to have many times the gate income of Spenny to have a hope of competing with them on level terms - unfortunate, but how it is.

They have 15 contracted players in a league where contracts aren't the norm!

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Sun May 27, 2012 11:31 am

It was said a bit tongue in cheek, at 8 quid a game and with an average of 1000 we should be able to attract the better players and win the league. There will also be sponsorship money and donations.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun May 27, 2012 11:33 am

MB86DFC wrote:It was said a bit tongue in cheek, at 8 quid a game and with an average of 1000 we should be able to attract the better players and win the league. There will also be sponsorship money and donations.
I'm completely on the same page, for me you've got the prices and gates bang on right there.

srun
Team Supported: Shildon

Post by srun » Sun May 27, 2012 11:54 am

Quakerz wrote:
Take Heed wrote: To charge a premium above the best in the NL, say £8 (I think Spenny charge £6 and this is considered controversially high), you are potentially pricing out the away fans and the curious.
Er, fuck the away fans, they won't come in significant enough numbers to make a difference to our income.
Oh no, we were just becoming friends. As I live in the metropolis called Shildon, I would have thought you would look upon me more kindly. I may now have a word with the Shildon board and ask them to put the prices up for the Darlo home match to £20 per away fan. Shildon fans of course would still only pay £5, and maybe even less for a laugh. As you say - fuck the away fans.

Sorry - couldn't resist.

andi_darlo

Post by andi_darlo » Mon May 28, 2012 9:22 am

Quakerz wrote:
When people are talking of £5 in at Marske, and £6 at Spenny - this is standing not seating right?

NL - £7/8 standing, pound extra to sit.
sadly not the majority of northern league dont charge different amounts for seating/ standing the main reason for this is ticketing - quite simply northern league clubs dont have tickets (other than season tickets)

you cant hold a seating or standing ticket because you wont have any ticket, and if darlo introduce ticketing it would be madness to add an additional cost, also who is going to police it? not exactly going to be bustling with stewards like previous seasons, the minimum amount of stewards legally required will be in attendance not an extra body to be looking at your raffle ticket to see if its this weeks colour or whatever is decided.

as for away fans not really making a difference, well maybe not when 1500-2000 are coming through the gates but when you have a derby in december and the away fans are the difference between a 300 crowd or a 600 crowd it becomes a bit more about keeping everyone on side.

The northern league is exactly what darlo are trying to achieve, its a community, they will welcome new members and everyone does help each other out and the secret is to try and keep the community and build with it, because a northern league club being successfull is good for the northern league, all of the northern league.

Just remember it wasnt too long ago we were off to bradford and scoffing at paying £5 more than home fans wondering who they thought they were charging extra just because they knew we would take a crowd.

Its lessons like this that need to be remembered, every northern league fan is a darlo fan in waiting and treat them well now and when things improve and the club start climbing the ladder these fans will remember !

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon May 28, 2012 9:36 am

Wait a minute andi, nobody is suggesting that away fans should pay more than we do? What i said - my personal view - is that I'm perfectly OK with us charging £7 or £8, which is a fraction of what I'm used to paying, and I think most Darlo fans would agree.

The fact other NL clubs charge a fiver is neither here nor there for me personally.