Just watched the NUFC 7

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

M-26-7
Team Supported: Darlington

Just watched the NUFC 7

Post by M-26-7 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:20 pm

Don't like to read into what happens in friendlys too much, but our defending was shocking!! They waltzed through our defence with ease. If that is going to be the standard for the up coming season then I think we should be very worried indeed :thumbdown:
“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.”

QuakerCL85

Re: Just watched the NUFC 7

Post by QuakerCL85 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:32 pm

With Miller and Foster at the heart of defence, Gary Smith and Lumsdon in the middle of midfield, and Windass up top with a nippy little striker we have quite an amazing backbone considering whats been happening with the club. Stop whinging, and wait until we come across teams of our level.

cwisstoffhur

Post by cwisstoffhur » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:48 pm

wednesdays match against Hamilton will be a more realistic test, if we defend well against them then i'm sure we'll be fine defensively.
It's Clobberin' Time

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:14 pm

Good point about Miller and Foster. I'm sure with those two in the team we wouldn't have conceded 7.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Geordie Quaker

Post by Geordie Quaker » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:36 pm

The defending was slack but it has to be said that Ameobi's two goals were very well taken. There is no way we will come up against anyone who can do that to us in League Two.

I can't believe I just said that.