Kettering back in the s***

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Quakerz
Team Supported: Darlington

Kettering back in the s***

Post by Quakerz » Mon May 21, 2012 5:07 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18147390

Read near the bottom, seems they might have to satisfy the conference of their solvency for next season (in the BSN!) with a six figure bond.

Maybe we dodged a bullet with getting kicked out of the BSN, they may have hit us with that, imagine that on top of all the fundraising already done?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Darlogramps

Re: Kettering back in the s***

Post by Darlogramps » Mon May 21, 2012 9:30 pm

Take up on season tickets for them has been terrible; as of last Friday, they'd sold 74.

Seems fans don't want to invest if they don't think the club will last, but the club won't last if the fans don't invest. Catch 22.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon May 21, 2012 10:51 pm

Darlogramps wrote:Take up on season tickets for them has been terrible; as of last Friday, they'd sold 74.

Seems fans don't want to invest if they don't think the club will last, but the club won't last if the fans don't invest. Catch 22.
Well its 74 more than we've sold so far. :roll:

botrash

Post by botrash » Mon May 21, 2012 10:58 pm

I guess we're fucked then! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Tue May 22, 2012 10:45 am

Looks like Man Utd & City could be f****d as well then!

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Tue May 22, 2012 5:55 pm

Back on topic. I see in the NLP that the entire fabric of their old ground is now up for sale. This would be a good time to pick up some much needed extras for Shildon or the future. Turnstiles, seats, urinals etc as a first priority.

quakerlady

Post by quakerlady » Wed May 23, 2012 7:48 pm

Kettering to play in the Southern Premier with a 10 point deduction
Hoping to agree a CVA soon

sacko_uk

Post by sacko_uk » Wed May 23, 2012 7:49 pm

quakerlady wrote:Kettering to play in the Southern Premier with a 10 point deduction
Hoping to agree a CVA soon
They are fine a Ladak said he would write off HIS personal debt....no chairman would go back on their word! :wtf:

The_Ponderer

Post by The_Ponderer » Wed May 23, 2012 8:16 pm

.....and that is because he is a fit and proper person!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed May 23, 2012 8:56 pm

Don't bank on Ladak sticking to his word.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

quakerlady

Post by quakerlady » Wed May 23, 2012 9:16 pm

Quakerz I know its only guesswork how do you see their punishment compared to what we might expect? Obviously we have had our 10 point deduction already.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed May 23, 2012 9:40 pm

The authorities treat a CVA as an insolvency event, hence the 10 point deduction like we got, but can't understand the relegation cos they're not in administration, and relegation from the conference is usually a punishment for being in administration at the AGM or not agreeing a CVA to pay creditors fully by the time of the AGM....ah that's why they got the relegation, their CVA is 10p in the £ I think.

Looks like Kettering's punishment was done by the book. We should have received the same though, but without the points deduction which we already received.

CSJambo
Team Supported: Heart of Midlothian

Post by CSJambo » Mon May 28, 2012 1:07 am

Kettering where having financial problems last season hence the points deduction although miniscule and therefore the CVA is no suprise, however i don't understand about the deduction of points as they are not going into administration which is what the point deduction is for

wishmaster3211

Post by wishmaster3211 » Mon May 28, 2012 7:17 am

Kettering demoted themselves as they could only agree a 10% CVA, which is not acceptable by new Conference rules, and also they would have been unable to pay the Conference bond.

They avoided our severe demotion by exiting admin with a CVA in place. The fact that their creditors may actually receive less than ours (they are paying off their ex chairmans "loan" as part of it so I would imagine this is limiting what others get) is something the FA needs to look at for the future but doesnt help us. The more I look at this the more I find we have merely fallen foul of new FA rules and, essentially, Mr Singh...

However one thing the FA cannot justify is the veiled threats to make us change our name that have appeared for instance on the NL website.