Chris Lumsdon

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

divas
Team Supported: Darlington

Chris Lumsdon

Post by divas » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:30 am

Being tracked by Norwich, Swindon & Notts County, lets hope he honours his gentlemans agreement with Todd and signs when we (fingers crossed) come out of administration on Thursday.

Spyman

Re: Chris Lumsdon

Post by Spyman » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:38 am

Notts County? Surely they already have plenty in central midfield with Davies, Ravenhill and Bishop?
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

RH79

Post by RH79 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:02 am

it would be bad news if we lost him!

StevieMardenboro

Post by StevieMardenboro » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:17 am

Proves what a good signing he is/would be.

If he went elsewhere I think you would have to look at the administrators and how long this process has taken.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:24 am

I'm not worried. From the interview he did a few weeks ago he seems to have his head screwed on and seemed to appreciate the efforts Todd had gone to to put the squad together.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

KCChiefs
Team Supported: Darlington/Forest

Post by KCChiefs » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:11 am

I have only seen him once against Newcastle, but i'm sorry he was very poor - Smith carried him, strolled around the pitch not doing much at all - the odd simple pass here and there, needs to put himself about a bit more which he will hopefully do in the next couple of games and the start of the season if he stays.

princebishop

Post by princebishop » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:29 pm

KCChiefs wrote:I have only seen him once against Newcastle, but i'm sorry he was very poor - Smith carried him, strolled around the pitch not doing much at all - the odd simple pass here and there, needs to put himself about a bit more which he will hopefully do in the next couple of games and the start of the season if he stays.
Lumsdon hasn't got a contract with any club/employer, so within reason I think it is acceptable not to put himself about too much! What happens if he got injured? He is at the twilight of his career and would be protecting himself.

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:12 pm

princebishop wrote:
KCChiefs wrote:I have only seen him once against Newcastle, but i'm sorry he was very poor - Smith carried him, strolled around the pitch not doing much at all - the odd simple pass here and there, needs to put himself about a bit more which he will hopefully do in the next couple of games and the start of the season if he stays.
Lumsdon hasn't got a contract with any club/employer, so within reason I think it is acceptable not to put himself about too much! What happens if he got injured? He is at the twilight of his career and would be protecting himself.
This is a very good point. What sort of protection do our players actually have at the moment. Until they have signed a contract and have an employer they are probably relying on PFA or personal insurance.

KCChiefs
Team Supported: Darlington/Forest

Post by KCChiefs » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:45 pm

Fair point PB - i guess all players never give 100% in friendlies - a competitive league game is totally different, just i was slightly disspointed given his reputation, hopefully he stays and forms a good partnership with Smith in the middle.

DL5

Post by DL5 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:38 pm

I just hope we haven't been showcasing these players with other teams waiting to step in and offer more at the last minute.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:47 pm

DL5 wrote:I just hope we haven't been showcasing these players with other teams waiting to step in and offer more at the last minute.
What's the alternative? Not bring anyone in until we're out of admin? Bring players in but keep them under wraps without pre-season games?

Unfortunately we're stuck between a rock and a hard place and will just have to hope that we come out of admin swiftly and the players stay true to their word. Any more delays like we saw in May/June time and they may start going the way of the previous squad.

DC

DL5

Post by DL5 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:07 pm

Spyman wrote:
DL5 wrote:I just hope we haven't been showcasing these players with other teams waiting to step in and offer more at the last minute.
What's the alternative? Not bring anyone in until we're out of admin? Bring players in but keep them under wraps without pre-season games?

Unfortunately we're stuck between a rock and a hard place and will just have to hope that we come out of admin swiftly and the players stay true to their word. Any more delays like we saw in May/June time and they may start going the way of the previous squad.
There was no alternative, I'm not criticising what the club have done, simply pointing out that s*** could happen.