Shildon Match Photos

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

loan_star
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Shildon Match Photos

Post by loan_star » Mon May 07, 2012 7:30 pm

Personally I think Darlo has enough bars and food outlets!

MB86DFC

Shildon Match Photos

Post by MB86DFC » Mon May 07, 2012 7:44 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:The council are waiting for tenders to build a new cinema complex on that land next to the Town Hall, along with food outlets and bars. Which is something the town desperately needs.
Why do we need another cinema? Or more bars when the ones we currently have are nearly always empty and losing money? And I think we have enough food outlets. More stupidity from the morons in the council.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Mon May 07, 2012 7:46 pm

All the council are bothered about is getting money for the land. Once everything is there they arent bothered about whether its a success or not, prime example being the arena.

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Mon May 07, 2012 10:38 pm

I've said in the past that the cattle market would be ideal. But it struggles with access and with the houses on Waverley Terrace and Clifton Road, I doubt covered stands would be permitted. Also, as mentioned above, it is earmakred for housing, and a fine price it would fetch too. Ideal for either starter homes or commuting properties to Tyneside. We couldn't afford it. Feethams will consist of larger properties, but it's location is why I think it's highly unlikely we'll return. But just looking at the Shildon lavs, it reminds me of the old lavs behind the old main stand, and then the trauma of the tin shed portacabins...the risk of falling through the floor each and every half time left many holding it in until they could get to the pub afterwards.

As for Shildon, I do wonder if we could possible erect a temporary structure behind the goal where the entrance is. Just for some elevation, and a place for fans to congregate. I know it's going to come down to money. I just have my reservations about that side 'terrace'. As long as I can afford to be there, I will be there though.

wishmaster3211

Post by wishmaster3211 » Tue May 08, 2012 12:11 am

Just a note that these photos were taken a few years ago. All Northern League grounds have been tidied up a bit since then and I would expect it to look a lot smarter now. Yes you could put a temporary stand at one end, many non league clubs do this and its not expensive.

second team

Post by second team » Tue May 08, 2012 10:58 am

stand anywhere but dont lean against the pitch perimiter fence its roten disaster waiting to happen will somebody from shildon please tell us all why bishop had to move to spenny if the ground at dene st is ok for evo

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue May 08, 2012 11:01 am

Maybe you got a better deal?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Tue May 08, 2012 11:01 am

second team wrote:stand anywhere but dont lean against the pitch perimiter fence its roten disaster waiting to happen will somebody from shildon please tell us all why bishop had to move to spenny if the ground at dene st is ok for evo
Yeah we know, no need to post it twice.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Tue May 08, 2012 11:26 am

second team wrote:stand anywhere but dont lean against the pitch perimiter fence its roten disaster waiting to happen will somebody from shildon please tell us all why bishop had to move to spenny if the ground at dene st is ok for evo
Mate, I was all for us moving to Bishop as much as the next guy (I don't think there would be a hint of a problem about whether Bishop conformed to Grade C) but you're just coming across as bitter now.

Get on board.

second team

Post by second team » Tue May 08, 2012 12:42 pm

i am on board hilly i will go to dene st if i can get parked but i wont bury my head in the sand when i know there is massive problems first big game and you will all say i was right please shildon show us the prove that dene st is evo standard why wont anyone tell tell darlo supporters the reason bishop were FORCED by the evo league to leave

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue May 08, 2012 1:32 pm

Why don't YOU tell Darlo supporters the reason why you were forced from there? You know exactly why, right?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

second team

Post by second team » Tue May 08, 2012 1:43 pm

yes quakerz i have asked and got the answer but why can nobody from shildon tell you and you may then understand my worries ask the right people get the right answer ask the wrong peaple and get told what you want to hear

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Tue May 08, 2012 1:52 pm

second team wrote:yes quakerz i have asked and got the answer but why can nobody from shildon tell you and you may then understand my worries ask the right people get the right answer ask the wrong peaple and get told what you want to hear
Howay then, why were Bishop forced from there?

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Tue May 08, 2012 1:58 pm

second team wrote:yes quakerz i have asked and got the answer but why can nobody from shildon tell you and you may then understand my worries ask the right people get the right answer ask the wrong peaple and get told what you want to hear
Pray tell. If you have concerns then really you should raise them with the Board as well. I can't believe bish wouldn't have slipped these concerns about Shildon in as part of their pitch to the Board. to be fair I too was curious about why bish left. I would have preferred bIsh but it is over and we need to move on unless you are privy to some explosive information on H and S

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Tue May 08, 2012 2:19 pm

Either tell us yourself or shut the fuck up.

davidcorks 40yard OG

Post by davidcorks 40yard OG » Tue May 08, 2012 3:05 pm

second team wrote:i am on board hilly i will go to dene st if i can get parked but i wont bury my head in the sand when i know there is massive problems first big game and you will all say i was right please shildon show us the prove that dene st is evo standard why wont anyone tell tell darlo supporters the reason bishop were FORCED by the evo league to leave

If i remember rightly Bishop wernt forced to leave any league they had 2 succesive relegations in the early 2000s and thats how they ended up back in the northern league.

comeondarlo97

Post by comeondarlo97 » Tue May 08, 2012 3:08 pm

look i have seen better sunday league grounds than that, that's a joke

The_Ponderer

Post by The_Ponderer » Tue May 08, 2012 4:53 pm

I understand that Shildon has a slightly bigger capacity than Bishop - plus we got a cheaper deal - we really cannot justify any extra cash that Bishop may have asked for, we need every single penny over these coming months.

If things go well on the field the crowds may well improve.
The professional doom-mongers seem to think that the crowds will dwindle to 500-600 but so far, despite lots of different opinions, most people on the message boards say they will be there next season - the reality is that well over 1000 - and possibly over 1500 people are intent on going to games next season so having that extra capacity is something we need. There are also many people who refused to attend the arena who are now saying they will once again watch matches, so we really have no idea just how big crowds could be next season.

Regarding 1883's position about Feethams, put simply, their brief and all their efforts are towards the short term future of the club. Once we are sorted for next season on and off the field and once elections are held for the new board made up of fans, a group can be set up dedicated solely to the task of the return back into town, be that Feethams or elsewhere. Asking 1883 to devote their time and effort towards a move back to Feethams at this present time is a distraction from more pressing issues.

srun
Team Supported: Shildon

Post by srun » Tue May 08, 2012 6:01 pm

i am on board hilly i will go to dene st if i can get parked but i wont bury my head in the sand when i know there is massive problems first big game and you will all say i was right please shildon show us the prove that dene st is evo standard why wont anyone tell tell darlo supporters the reason bishop were FORCED by the evo league to leave
Can't believe all this negativity. You criticise the ground and the parking. It is not down to Shildon to prove it is evo standard - it is for Darlo to do that now that they have seen the ground and signed the lease. As for Bishop leaving, its probably got more to do with Bishop thinking they are better than anyone else in the league. Just ask West Auckland why they wouldn't have them back last season when the pitch at the wonderful Heritage Pk was knackered. Yes Bishop is a tidier ground and has more going for it within the boundaries than Shildon, however, the parking at Bishop is also a oncern, when you look past the small car park they have, and the costs they were charging may well have been substantially more that Shildon have negotiated. Overall, Shildon may not be an ideal choice, but whichever you went with, there would always be issues - but at least you will have a team playing next season (assuming that your first choice is Darlington and not Bishop)

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Tue May 08, 2012 6:05 pm

comeondarlo97 wrote:look i have seen better sunday league grounds than that, that's a joke
Which sunday league grounds have a 400 seater stand like? :roll:
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

Ash_Quaker

Post by Ash_Quaker » Tue May 08, 2012 6:15 pm

comeondarlo97 wrote:look i have seen better sunday league grounds than that, that's a joke
Name one then resident retard?

Big Tim

Post by Big Tim » Tue May 08, 2012 6:19 pm

How old are you seriously? judging by your user name you're 15? really?

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue May 08, 2012 6:44 pm

As long as the ground is fit for the standard the FA put us at then I am happy. In fact it may well be a very strange experience and I don't mean this as a negative but takes us back in time.

It may not suit all but it will certainly be an experience. I am quite looking forward to it, not sure how I will feel half way through the season in January mind.

second team

Post by second team » Tue May 08, 2012 9:20 pm

now all the abuse has stoped against me the reason bishop where forced to move was that evo league would not give it the ground grading because dressing rooms ,refs rooms where not up to standard . no seperate changing rooms for femail officials, and no toilets other than the ones spectators can access by walking down players tunnel surely shildon have told us that

MikeinBlack

Post by MikeinBlack » Tue May 08, 2012 9:33 pm

second team wrote:now all the abuse has stoped against me the reason bishop where forced to move was that evo league would not give it the ground grading because dressing rooms ,refs rooms where not up to standard . no seperate changing rooms for femail officials, and no toilets other than the ones spectators can access by walking down players tunnel surely shildon have told us that
If this was the case, has it been addressed yet do we know? If it is a deciding factor in grading which could affect us, maybe it should be looked at. In the scale of things it can't be that expensive to resolve?
COME ON DARLO!

Enigma

Post by Enigma » Sat May 19, 2012 5:32 pm

i'm sure 1883 will have it in hand - don't worry though its only a small inconvenience

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat May 19, 2012 5:41 pm

Your bitterness just shines through.

Look, your team didn't get the gig, and we the fans are going to bowl in, empty the bank account, and waste it on kit kats and creme eggs.

srun
Team Supported: Shildon

Post by srun » Sat May 19, 2012 7:40 pm

Quakerz wrote:Your bitterness just shines through.

Look, your team didn't get the gig, and we the fans are going to bowl in, empty the bank account, and waste it on kit kats and creme eggs.
can you buy them in Shildon so we benefit from that.