Best thing for us?

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

MB86DFC
Team Supported: Darlington

Best thing for us?

Post by MB86DFC » Tue May 01, 2012 7:16 pm

I honestly think that by telling raj to fuck himself and by keeping the money raised so far we have a better chance of getting back through the leagues than we would have had by paying him and settling in the BSN. We now have a decent pot of money for next year and if there is a solid plan to get back into the town we could be in a strong position in a year from now. Imagine this scenario, a team at the top of the league and winning games with a shiny new community stadium in the town and no wanker developers or asset strippers trying to bend us over at every opportunity. Sounds good to me. I've always said that it's better to support a winning team at a low level than a mediocre one at a higher level.

PierremontQuaker03

Re: Best thing for us?

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Tue May 01, 2012 7:20 pm

MB86DFC wrote:I honestly think that by telling raj to fuck himself and by keeping the money raised so far we have a better chance of getting back through the leagues than we would have had by paying him and settling in the BSN. We now have a decent pot of money for next year and if there is a solid plan to get back into the town we could be in a strong position in a year from now. Imagine this scenario, a team at the top of the league and winning games with a shiny new community stadium in the town and no wanker developers or asset strippers trying to bend us over at every opportunity. Sounds good to me. I've always said that it's better to support a winning team at a low level than a mediocre one at a higher level.
Exactly lets work with the council and local businesses to try and get a community stadium and get back into the town as quick as we can.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

notgnilrad

Post by notgnilrad » Tue May 01, 2012 7:23 pm

Pierremont do you know something we don't. ;)

fat tony

Post by fat tony » Tue May 01, 2012 7:30 pm

If we've essentially dropped a league or two to be able to tell Raj to go fuck himself then I'm actually quite proud.

You have to say it's a ballsy move, but the right one.

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Tue May 01, 2012 7:31 pm

Community stadium!

The council is bloody skint!

Ask the professional sports clubs in Doncaster what happens when the council want out!

We are on our own here chaps!
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Tue May 01, 2012 7:41 pm

Fatty eats roadkill wrote:Community stadium!

Ask the professional sports clubs in Doncaster what happens when the council want out!

Yes but they can afford a million quid on wheelie bins?
I am not asking for their money, for them to provide, land, support etc.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue May 01, 2012 7:43 pm

MB86DFC wrote:I honestly think that by telling raj to fuck himself and by keeping the money raised so far we have a better chance of getting back through the leagues than we would have had by paying him and settling in the BSN. We now have a decent pot of money for next year and if there is a solid plan to get back into the town we could be in a strong position in a year from now. Imagine this scenario, a team at the top of the league and winning games with a shiny new community stadium in the town and no wanker developers or asset strippers trying to bend us over at every opportunity. Sounds good to me. I've always said that it's better to support a winning team at a low level than a mediocre one at a higher level.
We won't have much of a pot of money after paying the football creditors.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue May 01, 2012 7:43 pm

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:I am not asking for their money, for them to provide, land, support etc.
Which we wont get. Only a deal with Tesco or similar would possibly get us a stadium.

Looking on the bright side though, those who want a £10 entry fee might get their wishes finally realised.

poly12

Post by poly12 » Tue May 01, 2012 7:44 pm

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:
Fatty eats roadkill wrote:Community stadium!

Yes but they can afford a million quid on wheelie bins?
I am not asking for their money, for them to provide, land, support etc.
All the best with that one.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue May 01, 2012 7:51 pm

Also are we now saying that we don't pay our other creditors. The approx 260k we owe them. It will be hard for some of them to accept this, even though not our fault but we built the belief we were going to pay these creditors.

carver30

Post by carver30 » Tue May 01, 2012 7:53 pm

loan_star wrote:
PierremontQuaker03 wrote:I am not asking for their money, for them to provide, land, support etc.
Which we wont get. Only a deal with Tesco or similar would possibly get us a stadium.

Looking on the bright side though, those who want a £10 entry fee might get their wishes finally realised.
Once we leave 1883 won't be entitled to any money from any sale. Im sure S&S have other plans for the stadium and they don't include football.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue May 01, 2012 8:02 pm

I wasnt refering to the arena site but elsewhere in town. DBC can say to Tesco "build us a community stadium and you get planning permission for a site in the borough".

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue May 01, 2012 8:03 pm

carver30 wrote:
loan_star wrote:

Once we leave 1883 won't be entitled to any money from any sale. Im sure S&S have other plans for the stadium and they don't include football.
Don't the council take 75% of any profit on the land though. Not quite sure on the actualities of this but the land possibly is not worth as much with those rules.