Last Nights Meeting

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

wellindarlo
Team Supported: Darlington

Last Nights Meeting

Post by wellindarlo » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:34 am

Darlington FC 1883 chairman Denis Pinnegar and lawyers are due to meet outgoing chairman Raj Singh tonight in an attempt to find a way forward.
Anyone have any news yet?

craig_mckenna
Team Supported: Newcastle

Re: Last Nights Meeting

Post by craig_mckenna » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:52 am

Meeting went well, press release due out soon.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:31 am

craig_mckenna wrote:Meeting went well, press release due out soon.
Sounds tasty.

By 'it went well', there is surely only one outcome.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

tonyspain

Post by tonyspain » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:08 pm

it went very well, would have been better,

tezza

Post by tezza » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:41 pm

Raj is a business man not a benefactor as he would like to have been percieved.

The widespread practice of football club chairmen making loans to clubs, in many cases deliberately becoming the major creditor, is morally repugnant and should be subject of very close inspection by the FA and other powers, including Government.

I and i suspect many others,. have no sympathy with Raj, he had his cake around this time last year, got carried away with Wemblyitice, set and oversaw the spending of an annual budget in a few short months. Now he wants to eat the cake

For him the game is up , despite his limelight TV appearances and false promises, he has been revealed as a modern day carpetbagger.

I wish him well in his private business enterprise, however he should be on a long list of people (you know who you are) regarded as unfit to be a football club chairman.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:45 pm

So...what happened at the meeting?

Yes, I know it "went well", but in what way?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:27 pm

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/9 ... _takeover/

Posting link before reading so no idea what it says right now.....
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:33 pm

Personally I'd prefer that Raj sees not a penny from 1883 now or in the future, especially from any Dan Burn clauses, and suffer one further relegation rather than agree to his conditions.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:34 pm

All I see from that article is 'Raj Singh still hasn't signed anythnig legally binding'.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

wellindarlo

Post by wellindarlo » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:52 pm

Robbie Painter wrote:Personally I'd prefer that Raj sees not a penny from 1883 now or in the future, especially from any Dan Burn clauses, and suffer one further relegation rather than agree to his conditions.
Is that where liquidation would leave us RP?

MikeinBlack

Post by MikeinBlack » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:59 pm

Sounds like either Raj has done a U-turn, 1883 have found a way around the FA's rejection of the plan or there is a deal afoot outside the the perimiters of the CVA. Any thoughts?
COME ON DARLO!

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:12 pm

Positive news that the CVA should be accepted. However, until it's signed, I won't get too excited as history has shown that humans change their opinion, some quite frequently. I presume there's some other sort of deal involved, as the article says:

“We will now be taking these solutions to the FA and are optimistic the FA will see this as an acceptable way forward without the club facing undue penalties.”

andi_darlo

Post by andi_darlo » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:03 pm

I bet S&S are laughing their tits off at this !

yeh 1883 you make an agreement with your ex chairman about the financial gain made on the sale of the stadium, you don't own class.

Easy solution to make sure raj gets nowt from that deal, S&S sell the stadium to whoever they want making any amount of profit they wish.

Council say yes we will lift the covenants so you can build what you like as long as you build a nice new stadium in our town center for the benefit of the town and community.

S&S say sorry DFC 1883 you will be homeless from this weekend, DFC 1883 say please mr council can we please lease your stadium on the same terms we had the arena on (peppercorn rent)

sure you can guys its our stadium but we will allow it.

Mr Singh comes sniffing round "erm excuse me i had an agreement with DFC 1883 that if they benefited from the sale of the stadium i would get a cut"
Yes you did Mr Singh unfortunately they didnt benefit at all, they still have a stadium they dont own just change of landlords from S&S to the Council, S&S have profited nicely getting their money back and a bit of cash (no agreement with singh) the council have benefited new stadium/sports facility for use of community (no agreement with singh) and DFC 1883 have a more suitable stadium for the level they play at which is rented from the council.

The only person who gets what they deserve is Mr Singh and he gets nothing !

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:50 pm

So, we're pretty much in the same place as a couple of weeks ago before the FA knocked it all on the head.

It is far from solved yet. We've had "positive talks" with Raj before, we've been "optimistic" before.

I hope this time that we've actually got it sorted.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Ash_Quaker

Post by Ash_Quaker » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:25 pm

I'm waiting for the inevitable news of positive noises.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:44 pm

Ash_Quaker wrote:I'm waiting for the inevitable news of positive noises.
But no positive actions.

DC

DL_Fourteen

Post by DL_Fourteen » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:44 pm

So the ball is now in the FA's court. F***ing marvellous, anything could happen now! And I bet things don't happen quickly. There's bound to be more pressing issues for them.

I don't hold my breath where the FA are concerned.

leedscol

Post by leedscol » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:35 pm

Down one minute up the next.When will this infernal torture end!!!

MikeinBlack

Post by MikeinBlack » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:39 pm

leedscol wrote:Down one minute up the next.When will this infernal torture end!!!
9th June at the Annual Conference 'which team should we destroy this season?' meeting.
COME ON DARLO!