Darlington v Bath City Match Thread

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Lincolnshire_Quaker
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by Lincolnshire_Quaker » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:52 pm

Nag fell in the National, Darlo fell at home, might as well tear tonight's lottery ticket up now. Why do we fans put ourselves through this?
If I were a stick of rock, no prizes for what would be written all the way through .....

darlo rick

Re: Darlington v Bath City Match Thread

Post by darlo rick » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:53 pm

Darlo_George_96 wrote:Im sorry but if u cant beat bath at home when you were 2-0 up then we deserve to be relegated
Or sacked :twisted: :evil:

MikeinBlack

Post by MikeinBlack » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:55 pm

Well I think Lidds should resign now, take all the staff with him and send any loanees back and simply play the boys for the rest of the season - we are going to finish bottom for fucks sake. An utter embarresment. So, who wants to invest in Darlo then?
COME ON DARLO!

Darlo_George_96

Post by Darlo_George_96 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:58 pm

MikeinBlack wrote:Well I think Lidds should resign now, take all the staff with him and send any loanees back and simply play the boys for the rest of the season - we are going to finish bottom for fucks sake. An utter embarresment. So, who wants to invest in Darlo then?
According to Ray simpsons twitter 250 local businesses!! :shock: :o
@George_S96

Santino

Post by Santino » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:58 pm

:lol:

What an embarrassing shower of shite.

MikeinBlack

Post by MikeinBlack » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:01 pm

Darlo_George_96 wrote:
MikeinBlack wrote:Well I think Lidds should resign now, take all the staff with him and send any loanees back and simply play the boys for the rest of the season - we are going to finish bottom for fucks sake. An utter embarresment. So, who wants to invest in Darlo then?
According to Ray simpsons twitter 250 local businesses!! :shock: :o
Er......is there actually 250 local businesses?
COME ON DARLO!

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:01 pm

Bollocks 250 local businesses want to be associated with this failure. This is the most embarrassed I have ever been supporting darlo. For the first time I'm embarrassed to tell people I support darlo when asked.

Darlo_George_96

Post by Darlo_George_96 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:04 pm

Look at uncovored twitter its like half way down
@George_S96

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:06 pm

I don't care what's been tweeted, I promise you 250 local businesses are not interested.

Darlo_George_96

Post by Darlo_George_96 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:07 pm

Misread it 250 businesses are going to be 'encouraged' to invest
@George_S96

MikeinBlack

Post by MikeinBlack » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:08 pm

You know, I am simply numbed by this season and cannot even be bothered to be upset. Normally i'd throw my proverbial teddy in the corner, but today I'm more thinking 'well done Boro, a Curtis Main winner'. I just hope that whoever takes over from Lidd's and this crock of s*** has a thick skin and a sense of humour!
COME ON DARLO!

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:13 pm

Darlo_George_96 wrote:Misread it 250 businesses are going to be 'encouraged' to invest
They will need a lot of encouraging

Lincolnshire_Quaker

Post by Lincolnshire_Quaker » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:17 pm

I'm beginning to think whether I can put that new retro scarf to some use up the road from me at GTFC next season ... That's a measure of how bad it's got.
If I were a stick of rock, no prizes for what would be written all the way through .....

MikeinBlack

Post by MikeinBlack » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:20 pm

Just been talking to a couple of mates who are Boro and Liverpool followers, they haven't even got the heart to laugh at me. It has got that bad! We are going to finish the season without a win ALL YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a book about east Stirling FC which sums us up completely in it's title - Pointless.
COME ON DARLO!

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:21 pm

MB86DFC wrote:Bollocks 250 local businesses want to be associated with this failure. This is the most embarrassed I have ever been supporting darlo. For the first time I'm embarrassed to tell people I support darlo when asked.
Just as well you arent at the forefront of 1883 trying to encourage any investment!

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:24 pm

Pathetic performance, game against 2 really poor teams deserving of going down, brand new team needed

Sent from my GT-I9100

quakerray

Post by quakerray » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:26 pm

8 years ago i married a lass from worcester,and she moved up here, so i have a few mates who watch them. i always said we will never go as low as to play them, and what a fool i look now.
i think its less of a shock as we all knew it was gonna happen.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:26 pm

Darlo were the better team without being totally dominant. No idea how Bath managed to score two to be honest, and no idea how we let them. Second goal we just stood off and let him shoot. As the fans walked out, you could read it on everyones faces - we had all just waited for the relegation to happen and it finally happened. They was no anger it was all just acceptance really.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:28 pm

You don't want to do that - I bloody loathe Grimsby.

I'm bloody fuming. I can't believe how badly we've capitulated, and I can't help but feel that the performances are partially the result of the dismal self-pity that has hung around the players like a bad smell for the last few months.

BUT we've been expecting this for a while, and I can't help but feel that what's happened on the pitch has detracted from the positive momentum we built up behind the bid to take over the club. We are still poised to become the owners of Darlington, to prevent another chairman chucking money he doesn't want to spend at a manager who can't get us promoted, before pulling out and leaving us dripping in debt. Never has the phrase 'the night is darkest just before the dawn' carried more resonance for me than the dismal embarrassment we face today. It's not easy to ignore the football being served up, but it's almost best to try to enjoy going to football again, to gain a sense of humour about the shiteness of it all until the end of the month when we can start to look to the future again.

MikeinBlack

Post by MikeinBlack » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:29 pm

quakerray wrote:8 years ago i married a lass from worcester,and she moved up here, so i have a few mates who watch them. i always said we will never go as low as to play them, and what a fool i look now.
i think its less of a shock as we all knew it was gonna happen.
True, but most of us thought we'd be able to win a couple of games on the way. Newport will crucify us, Forest Green won't concede unless Sammy is feeling generous and if we do manage to beat Kettering somehow it will be a minor miracle. We probably won't pick up any more points this season and may well finish bottom of the league.
COME ON DARLO!

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:30 pm

tdk1 wrote:You don't want to do that - I bloody loathe Grimsby.

I'm bloody fuming. I can't believe how badly we've capitulated, and I can't help but feel that the performances are partially the result of the dismal self-pity that has hung around the players like a bad smell for the last few months.

BUT we've been expecting this for a while, and I can't help but feel that what's happened on the pitch has detracted from the positive momentum we built up behind the bid to take over the club. We are still poised to become the owners of Darlington, to prevent another chairman chucking money he doesn't want to spend at a manager who can't get us promoted, before pulling out and leaving us dripping in debt. Never has the phrase 'the night is darkest just before the dawn' carried more resonance for me than the dismal embarrassment we face today. It's not easy to ignore the football being served up, but it's almost best to try to enjoy going to football again, to gain a sense of humour about the shiteness of it all until the end of the month when we can start to look to the future again.
Well said that man!

JonnyBoy

Post by JonnyBoy » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:32 pm

Drewe "I've got more sweatbands than Roger Federer" Broughton is actually one of the worst players I have set my eyes on. However he is good at one thing, being fucking offside the useless twatbastard he is.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:35 pm

JonnyBoy wrote:Drewe "I've got more sweatbands than Roger Federer" Broughton is actually one of the worst players I have set my eyes on. However he is good at one thing, being fucking offside the useless twatbastard he is.

Doesn't matter. He'll be gone in two weeks, as will almost all the other senior players. It's done, finished, over, and no longer matters.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:35 pm

Expected but still sad. Football league to bsn in 2 years. A big thanks to all those who have helped ruin our football club. It's now up to us to try and rebuild it.

Also, what a prick their second goal scorer was. Anyone know why he reacted like that? A lack of class shown by him and the back room staff from bath who got involved with the fans after the game.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:36 pm

loan_star wrote:
Well said that man!

Cheers. It just occurs to me that people's view of the success of the bid has been directly proportional to our on-pitch success during this season, when it's not. Time to forget the football for a while, and go back to thinking positively about what we are about to do as a set of fans.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:38 pm

JonnyBoy wrote:Drewe "I've got more sweatbands than Roger Federer" Broughton is actually one of the worst players I have set my eyes on. However he is good at one thing, being fucking offside the useless twatbastard he is.
Maybe true but its better than smashing the confidence of a 17 year old who isnt ready for first team action. Broughton helped Bowman and the latters improvement over the last few weeks is down to the fact he had someone experienced alongside him.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:41 pm

I knew back in january that if we saw the season out we'd be relegated and so it has come to be however, not even hindsight has softened the blow.

For me this one has cut much deeper than the 2010 debacle did, there is a sense of finality about it.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:47 pm

All thanks to the man who pulled the plug after half a season because he decided he wouldnt keep to his word. Tosser!

Lincolnshire_Quaker

Post by Lincolnshire_Quaker » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:48 pm

tdk1 wrote:
loan_star wrote:
Well said that man!

Cheers. It just occurs to me that people's view of the success of the bid has been directly proportional to our on-pitch success during this season, when it's not. Time to forget the football for a while, and go back to thinking positively about what we are about to do as a set of fans.
Yes, we can only hack it from where it's at - as someone I once worked with was fond of saying. Players, managers and chairmen come and go but it is the fans that remain a constant. We will soon have more say than ever before and we should be looking forward to that and making the most of a new era. Bring on 'New Darlo' ....

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:54 pm

Lincolnshire_Quaker wrote:
tdk1 wrote:
loan_star wrote:
Well said that man!

Yes, we can only hack it from where it's at - as someone I once worked with was fond of saying. Players, managers and chairmen come and go but it is the fans that remain a constant. We will soon have more say than ever before and we should be looking forward to that and making the most of a new era. Bring on 'New Darlo' ....

Exactly. I'm sorry to hear you in particular feel so dispirited, after banging the drum for all that was positive out of such a negative time throughout the last few months.

But it really isn't about the football now, and won't be until August. We have a handful of local people with an in interest in the club putting together a package that will allow us to even think about next season. We're lucky to exist, lucky to have had Doug and Shaun, the new interim board, and fans from across the country lending their support. We shouldn't be repaying their hard work and generosity by throwing in the towel because of what has happened on the pitch.

Viva la Darlo Revolucion.