Buisness lunch for Darlington 1883proposals

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

charlie

Post by charlie » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:19 pm

Business lunch at Darlington Football club on 26th April. Corporate fundraising proposals will be presented. Any Buisness`s Interested? email torigill@hotmail.co.uk

Tori_Gill
Team Supported: DFC

Re: Buisness lunch for Darlington 1883proposals

Post by Tori_Gill » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:26 pm

Thanks !
Let's be proud of what we have achieved, Darlington Football Club needs to survive so let's all be in this together because this is your club now and your club needs you.

MB86DFC
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by MB86DFC » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:26 pm

A hotmail email address? Jesus....

Christophano

Post by Christophano » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:30 pm

MB86DFC wrote:A hotmail email address? Jesus....
That thought struck me too. Still, they'll take ownership of the dfc domain name by June, but perhaps a quick darlington1883.co.uk registration could've been arrange as a stop gap?

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:32 pm

It's little details like this that make us look so tin pot. Even a gmail account would have been better!

quakerlady

Post by quakerlady » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:37 pm

To be honest guys couldnt really care less what email address Tori uses - as longer as she brings some money into the club! and gets some of these businesses interested.

charlie

Post by charlie » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:40 pm

quakerlady wrote:To be honest guys couldnt really care less what email address Tori uses - as longer as she brings some money into the club! and gets some of these businesses interested.

Well said!

Tori_Gill

Post by Tori_Gill » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:44 pm

Ok, you can also email me at tori@jobsdarlington.com or tori@ecruited.co.uk

A generic one from the board would be ideal but it hasnt really been a priority. So long as enquiries go to any of those email addresses I'm happy for now!

Tori
:D
Let's be proud of what we have achieved, Darlington Football Club needs to survive so let's all be in this together because this is your club now and your club needs you.

charlie

Post by charlie » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:45 pm

Tori_Gill wrote:Ok, you can also email me at tori@jobsdarlington.com or tori@ecruited.co.uk

A generic one from the board would be ideal but it hasnt really been a priority. So long as enquiries go to any of those email addresses I'm happy for now!

Tori
:D
Nicely answered

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:49 pm

What is the range of proposals to be discussed at the meeting? Is it just the £10k investments or everything from the usual match / matchball / ground board sponsorship deals upwards?

Tori_Gill

Post by Tori_Gill » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:58 pm

loan_star wrote:What is the range of proposals to be discussed at the meeting? Is it just the £10k investments or everything from the usual match / matchball / ground board sponsorship deals upwards?
At the moment, the proposals for investment will suit small, medium & large businesses but I shall let you know more information once details have been finalised. It is also envisaged the usual sponsorship deals will be discussed.

Hope that is helpful.

Tori Gill

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:29 pm

MB86DFC wrote:It's little details like this that make us look so tin pot. Even a gmail account would have been better!
Get
A
Life

It's an email address. Get over it.

I don't see you stepping in to do what Tori is.

Unbelievable.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:32 pm

Tori_Gill wrote:
loan_star wrote:What is the range of proposals to be discussed at the meeting? Is it just the £10k investments or everything from the usual match / matchball / ground board sponsorship deals upwards?
At the moment, the proposals for investment will suit small, medium & large businesses but I shall let you know more information once details have been finalised. It is also envisaged the usual sponsorship deals will be discussed.

Hope that is helpful.

Tori Gill
Cheers Tori

divas

Post by divas » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:51 am

charlie wrote:Business lunch at Darlington Football club on 26th April. Corporate fundraising proposals will be presented. Any Buisness`s Interested? email torigill@hotmail.co.uk
Glad this is moving along now. What time is it?

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:36 am

Just turned half past one where I am.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

Throbbing Loveshank

Post by Throbbing Loveshank » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:55 am

Comfortably_numb wrote:
MB86DFC wrote:It's little details like this that make us look so tin pot. Even a gmail account would have been better!
Get
A
Life

Unbelievable.
He's right though. I wouldnt buy from or do business with an operation that used a hotmail account.

divas

Post by divas » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:56 am

Mr_Tibbs wrote:Just turned half past one where I am.
;)

Norm_D_Ploom

Post by Norm_D_Ploom » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:34 pm

Throbbing Loveshank wrote:
Comfortably_numb wrote:
Get
A
Life

Unbelievable.
He's right though. I wouldnt buy from or do business with an operation that used a hotmail account.
Could I ask how old you are ? is that viewpoint just an under 25 thing ?

Not taking the piss or anything just curious why you and another poster on this thread have that view as it wouldn't have any influence on me, its just an email address

wellindarlo

Post by wellindarlo » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:39 pm

You forgot your 'full stop' Norm.

Norm_D_Ploom

Post by Norm_D_Ploom » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:06 pm

I only do spelling mate :lol:

Just been in the states for two weeks, boiled my fucking piss it did, can't spell, can't pronounce anything . :twisted: :lol:

Ash

Post by Ash » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:36 pm

charlie wrote:
quakerlady wrote:To be honest guys couldnt really care less what email address Tori uses - as longer as she brings some money into the club! and gets some of these businesses interested.

Well said!
Not really - the point made was that we look tin pot with a hotmail address. I'm sure Tori would agree that image counts for a lot when you are asking for money.

So the point is valid - we care about what email address she used because it might affect how well she manages to bring money into a club. If I were a business receiving it I'd probably spam it immediately.

Tori_Gill

Post by Tori_Gill » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:05 pm

I still don't see why it's such a big deal. Businesses are being contacted via phone and I've already had numerous enquiries via hotmail.

That's me done on the whole 'hotmail' thing, will update you guys later on in the week as to how it's going.

Tori

botrash

Post by botrash » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:07 pm

Why is one free email provider better than another?

Ash

Post by Ash » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:13 pm

Tori_Gill wrote:I still don't see why it's such a big deal. Businesses are being contacted via phone and I've already had numerous enquiries via hotmail.

That's me done on the whole 'hotmail' thing, will update you guys later on in the week as to how it's going.

Tori
It's not a big deal - it's a little deal. I think when you ask questions on here you are taken to be spoiling for a fight.

I certainly don't think the aim was to suggest that we are not grateful for the work you are doing or that you are not presenting a professional image.

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:42 pm

botrash wrote:
Why is one free email provider better than another?
It's isn't really, just hotmail smacks of either spam or the email address you made when you were 13. I don't even like cvs with hotmail addresses.

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:45 pm

Norm_D_Ploom wrote:
Throbbing Loveshank wrote:
Comfortably_numb wrote:
Get
A
Life

Unbelievable.
Could I ask how old you are ? is that viewpoint just an under 25 thing ?

Not taking the piss or anything just curious why you and another poster on this thread have that view as it wouldn't have any influence on me, its just an email address
Would you buy from a company advertising with a mobile phone number only? It's the same principal. Specific email addresses that have the same domain name as the company make the company look more credible and therefor more investable. The first thing I do when approached for business is check the website to see how professional it looks. It's not the most important thing but certainly helps. First impressions count for an awful lot.

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:46 pm

Tori_Gill wrote:I still don't see why it's such a big deal. Businesses are being contacted via phone and I've already had numerous enquiries via hotmail.

Tori
I'm not sniping and you seem to be very responsive, which is great, but do you mind telling me what capacity your representing 1883 and what your looking for. This may be in another thread but I can't be arsed trawling through the board. Thanks

TDS

Post by TDS » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:01 pm

MB86DFC - it looks an awful lot to me like you're undermining her work and therefore you are putting yourself forward as a more suitable candidate for what Tori does?

Christ, we haven't even bought the club, have no idea if we will yet and you're asking for all details down to the minute to be finalised and sorted? Very tentative steps are being made at the moment, why shoot down?

Get a grip, our results on the pitch make worse reading than our fucking hotmail account!

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:05 pm

I'm asking what capacity she is working in as she seems to have a lot of info, which could be genuine or bollocks depending on her credibility, there have been plenty of people on here in the past pretending they have info and spread crap, All I want to know is if the info that's going to come out can be trusted. As i said previously, she seems to be very responsive which is great and more than can be said about the trust, administrators and others.

herts_darlo

Post by herts_darlo » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:06 am

Tori is a new member of the 1883 Board, which I thought had been represented widely, both here and in the press.

I registered a number of domain names in the early days of this project. They remain there for the use of us, but quite frankly I really haven't had the time or energy to sort that out.

I also thought that those domain names (and email addresses) would be available to the incoming board of the real company, rather than those who are volunteering to sort things out in the short term.