Odd Dream

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

beatroute66
Team Supported: Darlington

Odd Dream

Post by beatroute66 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:41 pm

Whilst in slumber last night I dreamt I was listening to the radio on a Saturday afternoon - David Healy had put us 1-0 up away at Doncaster, though they had just equilized on the 70th minute.

Meanwhile at the Riverside Middlesbrough's Steve Foster(!) had gone on a mazy box-to-box run and then spooned the ball over the bar with the goal at his mercy. Ali Brownlee was furious.

Maybe we're sending Fozzie out on loan to Boro for the season and using the salary payments saving to (a) bring in David Healy from SAFC and (b) get special dispensation to play in the Championship?

That or I ate too late last night.

cwisstoffhur

Re: Odd Dream

Post by cwisstoffhur » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:58 pm

I famously (amongst friends) dreamt that postman pat came on as a late sub against bradford to score the winner. :lol:
It's Clobberin' Time

willphil
Team Supported: Darlington FC, Cas Tigers RLFC

Post by willphil » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:49 pm

psychosis ?

rj50

Post by rj50 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:03 pm

Or a wet dream!

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:25 am

In a dream the season before last 2 days before the match I had a premonition of our penalty shootout defeat to Rochdale in a dream which was really gutting, although in the dream we lost 3-2 and not 5-4 on pens....

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:32 am

I correctly dreamt the outcome & sequence of goals the night before a game at Preston in the 91/2 season. Thought I was onto a money spinner, but, alas, I'm still waiting for the next prediction.
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

Geordie Quaker

Post by Geordie Quaker » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:40 pm

My Darlo dreams are fucking mental.

Last one I can remember I climbed over the walls to get into a very old Wembley stadium to see us in the FA Cup Final against Reading. Michael Owen was upfront for us and got hauled down by Graeme Murty I think after seven minutes, They were down to ten men and I woke up.

I never wake up when I am about to get chewed up by a tiger; why did I wake up then? We might have won the Cup :D

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:49 pm

Strangest dream I have had is a randomly recurring one.

I dream we've made the play-off finals and I arrive in London with loads of time to spare.

I get on the tube at Kings Cross for the journey and instead of arriving at Wembley Park Station we keep re-arriving at Kings Cross. I keep getting off and trying a different train but its the same result. I'm the only one on the tube who thinks this is strange.

All the time it gets closer to 3pm and I realise I'm not going to make it and wake up.

Geordie Quaker

Post by Geordie Quaker » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:59 pm

Ah, the standard "I can't get where I wanted to go" dream.

That is widely taken to mean you have a small penis.

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:25 pm

I assume you were told that in your last session? ;)

cwisstoffhur

Post by cwisstoffhur » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:15 pm

TFDM wrote:Strangest dream I have had is a randomly recurring one.

I dream we've made the play-off finals and I arrive in London with loads of time to spare.

I get on the tube at Kings Cross for the journey and instead of arriving at Wembley Park Station we keep re-arriving at Kings Cross. I keep getting off and trying a different train but its the same result. I'm the only one on the tube who thinks this is strange.

All the time it gets closer to 3pm and I realise I'm not going to make it and wake up.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has trumatic dreams about missing matchs :lol: before shrewsbury away last season i dreamt i slept in and missed my train and missed a thrilling 5-4 win, saddly in reality I woke up in plenty of time to go watch a 1-0 defeat.
It's Clobberin' Time

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:29 pm

LOL, what a quality dream, I'd love to have dreams like that.

The nearest I get is the standard running away from "something", like molten lava flowing my way or an explosion or stuff like that, except when I'm trying to run I'm getting nowhere fast and I'm sort of pulling myself along by my arms as well - anything to speed up.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:56 pm

That's easy - your body is trying to tell you to walk to Euston Square to pick up the Metropolitan Line to WP. There is no easy connection from Kings Cross without going well out of your way. :P

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:28 pm

Now I know I have a reputation amongst friends for being a bit crap with public transport (stop laughing GQ....) but isn't Wembley Park and Kings Cross / St. Pancras on the Metropolitan line?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:23 pm

TFDM wrote:Now I know I have a reputation amongst friends for being a bit crap with public transport (stop laughing GQ....) but isn't Wembley Park and Kings Cross / St. Pancras on the Metropolitan line?
Yes, it is.

You're dream is telling you that no matter how many times you (Darlo) get to the play-offs, you (Darlo) will never actually get to where you want to be. Close, but not close enough.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:53 pm

Spyman wrote:
TFDM wrote:Now I know I have a reputation amongst friends for being a bit crap with public transport (stop laughing GQ....) but isn't Wembley Park and Kings Cross / St. Pancras on the Metropolitan line?
Yes, it is.

You're dream is telling you that no matter how many times you (Darlo) get to the play-offs, you (Darlo) will never actually get to where you want to be. Close, but not close enough.
Not if you come in on Platform 9 3/4