Bag Packing in Sainsburys

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

quakerlady
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by quakerlady » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:43 pm

I see the players have been packing bags in Sainsburys today.
Is this to raise money for Save Darlo?
Is it linked to the Darlo 1883 shops initiative?
Anyone know anything about it?

Quakerz

Re: Bag Packing in Sainsburys

Post by Quakerz » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:14 am

It was simply work experience for the useless tarts. They've got to be thinking of their next career move because it certainly won't be in football for a few of them.
Last edited by Quakerz on Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:19 am

is this your new stance quakerz? it's really helpful...really creates a positive vibe about the place...it's just what we need right now.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:24 am

and back onto the topic...seems a bit small scale to me - hopefully part of the 10x10 initiative trying to get Sainsburys on board but seems a very backwards way of doing it.

If the players are giving up their time they would be better charging school kids a fiver and giving them a 2 hour coaching session after school...16 players 8 schools 20 kids per 2 players £800 and some awareness built up in our target market.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:25 am

You keep on mollycoddling them if you want, but it's done no good in the last 12 games. Supporting them unconditionally is all give, give, give, where is the payback?Stroke their egos and tell them how wonderful they are, and oooooh never mind that we are getting predictably dicked every single match, and they will start to accept it as OK.

The honeymoon is over. No more excuses.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

cameron-darlo
Team Supported: Darlington, newcastle

Post by cameron-darlo » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:25 am

Quakerz wrote:It was simply work experience for the useless twats. They've got to be thinking of their next career move because it certainly won't be in football.
you really are an absolute prick.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:27 am

Are you saying I'm wrong then?

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:29 am

wrong about what...that they're performances have not been up to scratch - no i can't really argue with you there but in turning a thread about players doing their bit (you know...that giving rather than taking that you just mentioned) into a put down...yes you are wrong there.

cameron-darlo

Post by cameron-darlo » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:34 am

Quakerz wrote:Are you saying I'm wrong then?
yeah i am. do you recall what happened with curtis main? when he was first on the scene he looked a great young prospect. but all of that seemed to disappear because he was being over played and thrown in the deep end. this is exactly what is happening with our youngsters (imo), playing too many games and they're not mentally strong enough to cope with it.

Main is looking a very good player for Boro, so to call our lads 'useless' is a joke.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:35 am

lo36789 wrote:wrong about what...that they're performances have not been up to scratch - no i can't really argue with you there but in turning a thread about players doing their bit (you know...that giving rather than taking that you just mentioned) into a put down...yes you are wrong there.
It's the least they can do after saturday, and they are still way, way, way in debit.

If anyone wants to continue calling me an absolute prick, then fine because I absolutely am one.

Sometimes you need to be in order to say what needs to be said. And I don't care if the squad, and all of the messageboard read this thread and utterly hate me for saying what I've said either. Because right now, after watching them get comfortably beaten by a bunch of van drivers, bag packers and postmen...AGAIN...I really couldn't give a FUCK.
Last edited by Quakerz on Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

charlie

Post by charlie » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:38 am

We dont need the negativity at the moment, weve got 35 days left to raise some cash so we have a club. As much as I understand your frustration, you`ve said your bit, let it go please Q for now at least

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:40 am

cameron-darlo wrote:
Quakerz wrote:Are you saying I'm wrong then?
yeah i am. do you recall what happened with curtis main? when he was first on the scene he looked a great young prospect. but all of that seemed to disappear because he was being over played and thrown in the deep end. this is exactly what is happening with our youngsters (imo), playing too many games and they're not mentally strong enough to cope with it.

Main is looking a very good player for Boro, so to call our lads 'useless' is a joke.
No more excuses.

We've had one or two youngsters feature in recent matches - that is all, even Liddle isn't pulling that one anymore.

On paper we have been a match for some of the other bottom 8 teams, yet get comfortably beaten by every Tom, Dick and Harry. Even Stockport should have smashed us for 5, and they lose 8-0 every week, and fielded a younger, more inexperienced team than we did in our match.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:43 am

charlie wrote:We dont need the negativity at the moment, weve got 35 days left to raise some cash so we have a club. As much as I understand your frustration, you`ve said your bit, let it go please Q for now at least
Negativity? I'm dealing in cold hard facts not negative vibes. What do you think is going to happen to our support and fundraising potential if these players keep getting embarrassed every week?

They need to do their bit, and I don't mean packing bags (that's for next season)

funksoul

Post by funksoul » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:08 am

yeah we got beat by a crap side but we also got a draw and nearly a win from a quality side in luton who im sure before the game started wed happily take a draw from yet we focus on one loss rather than positives

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:14 am

funksoul wrote:yeah we got beat by a crap side but we also got a draw and nearly a win from a quality side in luton who im sure before the game started wed happily take a draw from yet we focus on one loss rather than positives
No, I'm focusing on ten losses, rather than two positives (and we even fucked them up by giving away vital leads despite playing well)

darlopaul

Post by darlopaul » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:25 am

I usually respect and agree with your opinion Quakerz. But not this time.

OK the squad isn't good enough but they're doing their best. At least I assume they are.

As far as I know they aren't being paid properly, have no idea what their future careers in football will be and a looking likely to be relegated.

Actually, I can't be arsed with this.

I've just looked up a few posts up and seen your rant about "what needs to be said".

Your ARE an absolute prick and if you don't give a fuck, why do you even bother posting on the board in the first place?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:43 am

So people know I don't give a fuck about a particular thing? So people can call me a prick? Maybe both?

By the way, all I've ever asked for is that we compete (ie win and draw sometimes rather than always lose) against those teams we match on paper. Some of these teams have the disadvantage of being part time.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:49 am

And if we had managed to compete just against Stockport, Ebbsfleet and Hayes and Yeading, and all other results (2 draws, 7 defeats) had stayed the same, we wouldn't be in the bottom 4 and we'd be fancying our chances of staying up.

cameron-darlo

Post by cameron-darlo » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:27 am

Quakerz wrote:And if we had managed to compete just against Stockport, Ebbsfleet and Hayes and Yeading, and all other results (2 draws, 7 defeats) had stayed the same, we wouldn't be in the bottom 4 and we'd be fancying our chances of staying up.
And you think the players haven't tried? we have a threadbare squad, the players are fucked and some of the young lads aren't ready to be playing in this league every week. confidence will be awful yet you don't care if the players read this thread? and we have a pretty big list of senior lads who are out for quite a while, one thing they aren't is useless.

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:34 am

Do not feed the troll

uncovered
Site Admin

Post by uncovered » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:51 am

how is hijacking threads, spouting drivel helping? you have the right to your opinion but all somebody has done here is ask a simple question and Q has come in screaming and throwing his toys everywhere. it's not the quakerz show.

3BlackHoops

Post by 3BlackHoops » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:02 am

Quakerz wrote:You keep on mollycoddling them if you want, but it's done no good in the last 12 games. Supporting them unconditionally is all give, give, give, where is the payback?Stroke their egos and tell them how wonderful they are, and oooooh never mind that we are getting predictably dicked every single match, and they will start to accept it as OK.

The honeymoon is over. No more excuses.
Speaking personally, having followed the club for almost 42 years now, my unconditional support is for the club. Over that time, I've seen countless players, managers and chairman come and go. Good or bad, while they're part of the club, they'll always have my support.

Incidentally, I've seen quite a few come and go who claimed to be fans, too. It's not usually too difficult to recognise the ones who won't hang around through thick and thin.

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:31 am

uncovered wrote:how is hijacking threads, spouting drivel helping? you have the right to your opinion but all somebody has done here is ask a simple question and Q has come in screaming and throwing his toys everywhere. it's not the quakerz show.
You are right its off topic but he is correct. The time for excuses is finished. Collectively the players need to turn this around, they have the ability to.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:04 am

uncovered wrote:how is hijacking threads, spouting drivel helping? you have the right to your opinion but all somebody has done here is ask a simple question and Q has come in screaming and throwing his toys everywhere. it's not the quakerz show.
Somebody posted a thread, I replied with a sarcastic joke comment, people jumped on me calling me a prick etc, obviously I defended myself!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:09 am

3BlackHoops wrote: Incidentally, I've seen quite a few come and go who claimed to be fans, too. It's not usually too difficult to recognise the ones who won't hang around through thick and thin.
How is that relevant to the thread? Or are you claiming that you "recognise" that I'm one of the "ones who won't hang around through thick and thin" - can't see any other reason why you'd post that?

You'd be massively wrong if you were suggesting that, and I'd say to you to put that career in character assessment off until you brush up on your technique.

Return_of_Fetish
Team Supported: Hartlepool

Post by Return_of_Fetish » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:00 am

Quarkerz dislikes like me for being a Poolie so this post will only get abuse from him anyway here goes.

Your original reply on this thread of
Quakerz wrote:It was simply work experience for the useless tarts. They've got to be thinking of their next career move because it certainly won't be in football for a few of them.
reads nothing like a joke or a sarcastic comment , it reads simply as a go at the players.

They will be doing their best and OK in your opinion(and probably some other Darlo fans) it's not good enough at the moment but surely the position your in both on and off the field comments (whether joke or not) like that are not going to help anyone.

Most fans on here are attempting to keep your club afloat, you need more onside and have less than 5 weeks to do it. I'm sure if I was a businessman of Darlington and came on here to see what people were saying to make a final decision whether to invest 10K comments like that would certainly make me think again about doing it.

Of course your entitled to your opinion but sometimes it best to keep that opinion to yourself especially at this time when you need help and players (especially the kids) need support and don't need to read statements like that.

But I'm sure you'll come back with some anti-Poolie comment.

If Newport and Hayes both win tonight the gap widens to 5 points from safety, so I'm sure the players knowing fans think they'll only be packing bags in a supermarket next year will have a great effect on them to close that gap and get safe.

There's more negativity and insults to your own team coming from you on here than any Poolie is posting.

johninskopje

Post by johninskopje » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:59 pm

I can't believe that I am writing this because it means that I agree with a Poolie, but anyway here goes-well said Return_Of_Fetish! You are absolutely spot on.

baz917

Post by baz917 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:22 pm

quackerz is wrong to call the players in the way he has been doing but he is right to demand more.

Them doing things off the pitch is great for the club as a whole but it is on the pitch they need to work on. They need to be more of a unit and share the responsibility of the recent failings with a view to making it better for the rest of the season. They have the talent and ability, all they need now is the motivation to do it. Seeing this offensive drivel will only push them the other way.

Quakerz, would you work harder for a guy that slates you all the time. It is not about massaging egos, it is about managing them. Some of these boys will be seeing Darlo as a pasture to graze in later in their footballing lives, whilst others will see it as a stepping stone to better things. The trick here is to pool all of the reasons together, whatever they are and translate them into a common goal of success. Your post is not going to help that unfortunately and whilst elements of your opinion may be shared by many, taking it one step too far each time is not helping anyone. I do not think you are a dick but I believe your frustrations are getting the better of you and you are expressing yourself in a manner that doesn't do the actual part of your opinion that matters, justice.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:41 pm

baz917 wrote: Quakerz, would you work harder for a guy that slates you all the time.
I wouldn't work harder for a guy that tells me I'm wonderful all the time despite my work being utterly shoddy. I'd just keep on turning out pap work, or no work at all, because hey, he thinks I'm great anyway, and it's all alright.

Now if my boss slated me for the quality of my work, or the lack of it, and told me that my livelyhood was at stake if I didn't shape the fuck up - then YES, yes I would work harder and better for him, if his analysis of me was correct and I realised I wasn't good enough...

How's that?

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:59 pm

but then fortunately neither quakerz or anybody on this board is their boss...yet...

regardless when you were a trainee just learning your trade and someone said give up the day job because the only thing you are worthy of doing is bag packing and that is what you will be doing in a few month time that will inspire you to do a better job?