One Of Darlo's Worst Ever Midfielders

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

BishopQuaker
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: One Of Darlo's Worst Ever Midfielders

Post by BishopQuaker » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:48 pm

DTID wrote:
Quakerz wrote:Bottom line - it is NOT Keltie's fault that we let two absolutely laughable goals in. It is NOT Keltie's fault that we have zero threat at the other end.

Keltie was NOT the worst player on the pitch today, and the people blaming him for our crap defence and crap attack probably are inbred.
Who WAS our worst player then? I think most would say Keltie.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Oh well that settles it.
Why don't you tell him how fucking useless he is!
That'll really make him want to up his game.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:48 pm

if he had a bad game...ever thought that maybe he is annoyed with himself as well especially with his family in the crowd and as some one said he is best left to deal with it himself. I don't think he was referring to everybody in derogatory manner it is possibe it may have been people sat next to his family who probably over stepped the mark in terms of comments...they may have become more personal than performance based!

I am glad the lad is here to try and help out and I have no doubts he will get match sharpness and fitness back after a full pre-season and will be an asset next year. I hope this isn't overstepping the mark too much but he is not in as good shape as he was last time he was here and that will take a good fitness regime over the summer to sort out I would imagine.

DTID

Post by DTID » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:48 pm

beatroute66 wrote:
cameron-darlo wrote:sorry, but calling the supporters 'inbreds' is bang out of order.
But he said "a minority of inbreds", not "Darlo supporters are inbreds" - there is a difference.

And to be fair, given some that do follow DFC, he probably has a point.
In whatever context he intends, to go spout stuff like that is unprofessional. You don't see premiership players (other than Joey Barton) coming out with that sort of bollocks.

beatroute66

Post by beatroute66 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:49 pm

I'm no Keltie fan, but he wasn't the worst player on the pitch today. Aaron Brown certainly isn't his old self, Wainy wasn't particularly effective and Broughton was Broughton; he'll not score again as long as I have a hole in my arse.

So yeah, to single Keltie out for abuse today seems a bit weird/probably historical habit.

BishopQuaker

Post by BishopQuaker » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:50 pm

DTID wrote:
beatroute66 wrote:
cameron-darlo wrote:sorry, but calling the supporters 'inbreds' is bang out of order.
But he said "a minority of inbreds", not "Darlo supporters are inbreds" - there is a difference.

And to be fair, given some that do follow DFC, he probably has a point.
In whatever context he intends, to go spout stuff like that is unprofessional. You don't see premiership players (other than Joey Barton) coming out with that sort of bollocks.

Oh yes.
Joey Barton is the height of professionalism when it comes to social media!

Jesus Rollerblading Christ...

beatroute66

Post by beatroute66 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:51 pm

DTID wrote:In whatever context he intends, to go spout stuff like that is unprofessional.
But sitting in a seat in a football ground swearing at a player is professional/acceptable?

I'd never have lasted as a pro footballer - I'd receive season-long bans after season-long bans for telling football fans, journalists, club directors, etc, what I thought of them.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:51 pm

DTID wrote:
Quakerz wrote:Bottom line - it is NOT Keltie's fault that we let two absolutely laughable goals in. It is NOT Keltie's fault that we have zero threat at the other end.

Keltie was NOT the worst player on the pitch today, and the people blaming him for our crap defence and crap attack probably are inbred.

Why do we have to pick the worst player? There was half a dozen others who did not perform to a good enough standard.
Football fans who think theyre experts piss me off something rotten sometimes.

Bex

Post by Bex » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:53 pm

I was absolutely disgusted by the abuse aimed at Keltie coming from 'fans' behind us. They then started on a pensioner who asked them to shut up! Was so fed up of their constant foul language and abuse spoke to a steward.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:54 pm

DTID wrote:

Yes most would say Keltie, but then most like to blame him.

Broughton has no goal threat or instinct or pace or anything. Yeah he holds the ball up but we're never scoring with him up top. Arnison had one of those games where he gave the ball away a lot. None of the defenders can actually fucking defend. Wainy and Rundle did fuck all.

The only two players to come out with any credit were Bowman, who despite buzzing around still doesn't look much of a goal threat, and McReady.

I didn't think Keltie was that bad.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

cameron-darlo
Team Supported: Darlington, newcastle

Post by cameron-darlo » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:55 pm

BishopQuaker wrote:
cameron-darlo wrote:
BishopQuaker wrote:
Darlo Fonz wrote:I responded to Keltie, saying "Thats very harsh"

He then messages me back. "harsh on what level? My own family in the crowd to cheer the players on, even paid to watch. Come say it to my face.. #BrainDead"

Really? Is he really abusing me?
How about you say
"You'll come back stronger next week mate" or something like that.

Something actually supportive instead of calling him on something he has justification to feel pissed off about?
He might have had a stinker but calling him out on it in public is not constructive
sorry, but calling the supporters 'inbreds' is bang out of order. he should know better than to start spouting out stuff like that on twitter.
So it's ok for people to call him a useless twat in the stands but when he gets annoyed and sounds off you think that's out of order?

Yes that makes sense.
do we pay good money to watch them?, we were fucking terrible today, end of story. he wasn't the worst player on the pitch, but he wasn't good either. he's a professional footballer and shouldn't be calling the minority, majority or all of us inbreds.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:57 pm

Inbreds was probably a poor choice of word, perhaps dickheads or fuckwits would have been more suitable.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:59 pm

people shouldn't think because they pay money they can make personal insults at players.

If you were clark kelties mother/girlfriend and you heard some idiot calling your son/boyfriend all names under the son because he happened to play a poor pass it probably isn't very nice.

you pay £15 to watch the match - not to hit players with personal abuse. I don't mind people complaining about a wayward pass/poor decision it is when it goes beyond that.

BishopQuaker

Post by BishopQuaker » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:00 pm

cameron-darlo wrote:
BishopQuaker wrote:
cameron-darlo wrote:
BishopQuaker wrote:
Darlo Fonz wrote:I responded to Keltie, saying "Thats very harsh"

He then messages me back. "harsh on what level? My own family in the crowd to cheer the players on, even paid to watch. Come say it to my face.. #BrainDead"

Really? Is he really abusing me?
How about you say
"You'll come back stronger next week mate" or something like that.

Something actually supportive instead of calling him on something he has justification to feel pissed off about?
He might have had a stinker but calling him out on it in public is not constructive
sorry, but calling the supporters 'inbreds' is bang out of order. he should know better than to start spouting out stuff like that on twitter.
So it's ok for people to call him a useless twat in the stands but when he gets annoyed and sounds off you think that's out of order?

Yes that makes sense.
do we pay good money to watch them?, we were fucking terrible today, end of story. he wasn't the worst player on the pitch, but he wasn't good either. he's a professional footballer and shouldn't be calling the minority, majority or all of us inbreds.
You pay your money to watch football.
While you are well within your rights to kick off are you surprised that with the introduction of twitter and facebook there is no separation between the fan and the player?

You kick off when he's 30 metres away but when you can read his response, you're pissed off?

darlo_baron

Post by darlo_baron » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:06 pm

I despair at some of our fans. Just another reason my love for this club is dwindling
Craig Liddle is God!!

cameron-darlo
Team Supported: Darlington, newcastle

Post by cameron-darlo » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:07 pm

i didn't kick off at him BQ. fans shouldn't be kicking off at players, but the player should know better than to retaliate to it, he's meant to be a pro footballer. should be rising above the criticism.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:10 pm

darlo_baron wrote:I despair at some of our fans. Just another reason my love for this club is dwindling
I've felt like this for a long time.

DTID

Post by DTID » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:11 pm

His man was sat in Block 5 about half way up with a couple of others. Seemed to be the same literally 1 or 2 idiots hurling the abuse from the back of Block 5. 1 of the idiotic comments was, "Keltie must've sucked Liddle off" when Mcready was subbed off.

Was loud enough for his mam to hear. Then for that lot at the back of Block 5 to wind him up when passing the ball back to Pickford was out of order.

MikeinBlack

Post by MikeinBlack » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:12 pm

It's obviously frustration - let's face it we haven't won a game all year - it's nearly the end of March now FFS! We could go down without winning between January and May - not a recore you want really!
COME ON DARLO!

BishopQuaker

Post by BishopQuaker » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:14 pm

cameron-darlo wrote:i didn't kick off at him BQ. fans shouldn't be kicking off at players, but the player should know better than to retaliate to it, he's meant to be a pro footballer. should be rising above the criticism.
Thing is, he's a BSP footballer and the fans are a lot closer to home. Literally.

If there were thousands of us he would ignore it, block whoever pisses him off and only listen to people who like him.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:17 pm

For me the sooner this season is over the better then hopefully we can regroup in the summer for what looks like a season in the Blue Square North.

Today there seemed to be no spark whats so ever the only players who came out with any credit were Pickford Taylor, Mcready and Bowman the rest were abysmal, no pace no creativity and having watched Broughton over the last 3 games he couldn't score in a brothel

Big Tim

Post by Big Tim » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:18 pm

If he can't take a bit of criticism, then he's in the wrong job simple as that. Tbh in my eyes we disrespected Ebbsfleet. We got a good point against Luton and we/they suddenly thought we were unbeatable, clearly not. Yes I did give Keltie stick today, but it's not just been today were the performance form him as been sh*t, it's every bloody game. Look I'm entiteld to an opinion and so is he, I think he's sh*t, he thinks I'm an inbread big deal, unlike him I can take criticism.

Mullet69

Post by Mullet69 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:18 pm

loan_star wrote:
darlo_baron wrote:I despair at some of our fans. Just another reason my love for this club is dwindling
I've said this since our first away game last season - we have some of the most moronic, disrespectful, inbreeds that I've ever come across in a football ground. No class at all. Having watched non league football for a long long time Im aware that there's a deep rooted respect amongst clubs and supporters in general, sadly a few of the ex-league clubs ruin this.

I know that's slightly off the point a bit, but really, in our position you'd think our fans would be grateful to still have 11 players willing, or able to pull on a shirt and represent a professional football club - we cannot forget that, though sadly some obviously have.
Mullet69uk on Twitter

DTID

Post by DTID » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:21 pm

Big Tim wrote:If he can't take a bit of criticism, then he's in the wrong job simple as that. Tbh in my eyes we disrespected Ebbsfleet. We got a good point against Luton and we/they suddenly thought we were unbeatable, clearly not. Yes I did give Keltie stick today, but it's not just been today were the performance form him as been sh*t, it's every bloody game. Look I'm entiteld to an opinion and so is he, I think he's sh*t, he thinks I'm an inbread big deal, unlike him I can take criticism.
What is giving him stick in the middle of a game going to achieve? Might make you feel better but its cringe worthy listening to your own fans shout abuse and your own players. Fair enough, have a debate about it with the person next to you but don't turn on your own.

darlo_baron

Post by darlo_baron » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:23 pm

Mullet69 wrote:
loan_star wrote:
I've said this since our first away game last season - we have some of the most moronic, disrespectful, inbreeds that I've ever come across in a football ground. No class at all. Having watched non league football for a long long time Im aware that there's a deep rooted respect amongst clubs and supporters in general, sadly a few of the ex-league clubs ruin this.

I know that's slightly off the point a bit, but really, in our position you'd think our fans would be grateful to still have 11 players willing, or able to pull on a shirt and represent a professional football club - we cannot forget that, though sadly some obviously have.
Have to agree. Last year some bloke squared up to me because i dared to call him out on his ludicrous and vile abuse to our bench.
Craig Liddle is God!!

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:24 pm

There was even a point when keltie was in a wide position, put a cross in and received more abuse

Sent from my GT-I9100

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:33 pm

I would reckon those that chuck abuse at Keltie are the same people that chucked abuse at Kris Taylor until recently, now they want to have his babies. Fucking hypocrits.

Jacko

Post by Jacko » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:37 pm

"inbreds"....to be fair he's probs right in a lot of circumstances....he looks like the "missing link" himself, but enough of that.....you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.....£300 a match doesnt exactly draw top line players into the fold....

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:43 pm

Big Tim wrote:If he can't take a bit of criticism, then he's in the wrong job simple as that. Tbh in my eyes we disrespected Ebbsfleet. We got a good point against Luton and we/they suddenly thought we were unbeatable, clearly not. Yes I did give Keltie stick today, but it's not just been today were the performance form him as been sh*t, it's every bloody game. Look I'm entiteld to an opinion and so is he, I think he's sh*t, he thinks I'm an inbread big deal, unlike him I can take criticism.
Half the reason I hate going to the arena is because of the moron fans like you giving players stick in the middle of a game. The amount of times I've had to move seats to avoid losing my temper is unreal. I've lost count of the amount of arguments I've had with "fans" this season. Put it this way, How would you feel if I came to your work or college and call you a daft fat c*** infront of your freinds, colleagues or family? motivated? Doubt it.

Big Tim

Post by Big Tim » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:44 pm

MB86DFC wrote:
Half the reason I hate going to the arena is because of the moron fans like you giving players stick in the middle of a game. The amount of times I've had to move seats to avoid losing my temper is unreal. I've lost count of the amount of arguments I've had with "fans" this season. Put it this way, How would you feel if I came to your work or college and call you a daft fat c*** infront of your freinds, colleagues or family? motivated? Doubt it.
I'm Not fat, I'm obese get it right please :lol:

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:47 pm

I know, I was being kind.

PS You missed out the word morbidly