Pleased with tonight

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Chris6098
Team Supported: Darlington

Pleased with tonight

Post by Chris6098 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:44 pm

...first game I've been to since York due to work commitments and have to admit I was very impressed with us tonight.

The defence seemed solid enough despite playing 3 players out of position. Pleased with Keltie spraying the ball a lot better than I've seen for most of this season (still tries the Hollywood pass I see). Impressed with Broughton as well - he adds a presence up front which we seemed to be lacking since Hatch left.

Other highlights for me included Kris Taylor in the centre of defence. This guy has come a long way since his displays at the beginning of the season. Pickford kept us in the game with a string of good saves and Browny had a solid game.

Can't forget to mention that it's great to have Wainy back at the club. In an unfamiliar full-back position but did his job well enough. Solid.

Poor refereeing but I can't say it's spoilt the night for me. I've missed my matchdays but there's going to be more of this in the future with work and moving away for my final year at uni making it difficult to attend games. I may still yet buy a season ticket to ensure that there is still money coming into the club. Still to buy a share in the near future :)

All in all a battling performance in which we were desperately unlucky not to get the three points. Play like that for the last 10 games of the season and we have as good a chance as anyone else of staying up.

Take confidence, we held a team gunning for promotion and gave a good account of ourselves.

The big downer being the people of Darlington don't give two toots about this club as shown with the attendance...