Free Tickets

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

quakerlady
Team Supported: Darlington

Free Tickets

Post by quakerlady » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:51 pm

At the open evening on Monday a guy asked 'how many free tickets do we give out?'
I dont think he got an answer as such - just a no we shouldnt be doing it.

Anyone know anything about this? Just curious to know if we do this and who do we give them to?

Thebobster

Re: Free Tickets

Post by Thebobster » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:57 pm

Players get so many tickets each to give to relatives & friends. Then there's media, scouts and dignitaries.

ROb

quakerlady

Post by quakerlady » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:34 pm

Ok rob, thanks for the reply.
I wonder if this was what he was getting at. I dont know why I thought he meant a load of people who shouldnt be were getting in for nothing.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:30 pm

That has been a problem unfortunately quakerlady
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:34 pm

quakersam wrote:That has been a problem unfortunately quakerlady
In that we've been giving out too many comps?

Or people getting in via friends on the turnstiles for free?

quakerlady

Post by quakerlady » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:38 pm

Robbie - I have no idea, thats why I asked the question. It was mentioned the other night and I was just curious its not something I ever thought of or realised happened

charlie

Post by charlie » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:40 pm

It was suggested I got a free ticket for doing a few hours at the stadium, to which I replied, kinda defeats the object of volunteering

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:41 pm

Too many comps. We can't afford to be letting people in free week in week out
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

MB86DFC

Free Tickets

Post by MB86DFC » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:33 pm

Under the haughtiness era I did about 5 minutes work involving the club and had a stack of comp tickets given for the next 3 matches by a groundsman. If that is happening regularly you can see where it's going wrong

MB86DFC

Free Tickets

Post by MB86DFC » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:34 pm

Haughton ^^. God knows how auto correct got that!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:23 pm

MB86DFC wrote:haughtiness era
haha I quite like it...i think in future this is what the haughton era should be known as.

Return_of_Fetish
Team Supported: Hartlepool

Post by Return_of_Fetish » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:15 am

Complimentary tickets are given to scouts etc, if you start to charge say scouts and managers of opposite teams to watch because they due to play you then other teams will do the same to you. If you don't reimburse a scout for watching opposite teams you may find yourself without them. It's a catch 22 situation handing them out to anyone is a different proposition.

love it!
Team Supported: Darlington 1883

Post by love it! » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:09 am

When I volunteered there was talk of an ex-receptionist who was requesting free tickets. Now Jason told everyone in the office to stop giving free tickets out to ex-employee's and to anybody else without his authorisation. It seemed apparant that this particular individual had been getting free tickets for every match for a long time!!

I personally think its very cheeky even to ask

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:11 am

Return_of_Fetish wrote:Complimentary tickets are given to scouts etc, if you start to charge say scouts and managers of opposite teams to watch because they due to play you then other teams will do the same to you. If you don't reimburse a scout for watching opposite teams you may find yourself without them. It's a catch 22 situation handing them out to anyone is a different proposition.
No ones talking about scouts you blithering idiot.

There is a culture of people getting free tickets for them and their friends, just because one of them vaguely knows the groundsman/physio/one of the players etc. I've seen it happening first hand.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:21 am

I have also seen it - people waiting at the team bus at away games for a free ticket, seen a dad and kid asking where to pick up their comp tickets from at a home game.

There is a gravy train running and a secret group of "in crowd" people know where the station is at what time the gravy train arrives at it.

Reminds me of the Ron Greener secret handshake brigade that used to go in for a pie and a warm at half time, while I was chipping frozen frozen snot off my kids faces with the frozen stumps of hands that I had left remaining.

They didn't go around advertising that you could go in there and thaw out, 87% of people had no idea.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Return_of_Fetish
Team Supported: Hartlepool

Post by Return_of_Fetish » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:52 am

Jazz Maverick wrote:No ones talking about scouts you blithering idiot.
Original post asked a general question so scouts could be included in that question
quakerlady wrote:At the open evening on Monday a guy asked 'how many free tickets do we give out?'
I dont think he got an answer as such - just a no we shouldnt be doing it.

Anyone know anything about this? Just curious to know if we do this and who do we give them to?
Then someone narrowed it down and mentioned scouts
Thebobster wrote:Players get so many tickets each to give to relatives & friends. Then there's media, scouts and dignitaries.

ROb
So your the blithering idiot as I was replying to previous posts on this thread. Or didn't you read it all.

magic1

Post by magic1 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:27 pm

Back in the day I used to get comp tickets for away games from Baz Conlon and Mark Ford as I knew them but Quakerz is right there are a few people who hang around asking the palyers for freebies at games (home and away).
I've always had a season ticket so never had a need for a 'comp' at a home game but I'd like to think that fans would pay for a ticket instead of trying to get freebies all the time, especially in the current climate of our finances. This isn't aimed at the people who can't afford tickets but those who are there all the time trying to get a free pass, every game. You know who you are people!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:57 pm

Sadly some people think its an automatic right that they get in for free, including the Ron Greener Suite after a game. I think that rather that the stewards holding the door for everybody to go in, they should actually be checking for people trying to sneak in for nothing. Despite the clubs perilous position they're are still people going in the Ron Greener that haven't paid.

ted_do

Post by ted_do » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:18 pm

magic1 wrote:Back in the day I used to get comp tickets for away games from Baz Conlon and Mark Ford as I knew them but Quakerz is right there are a few people who hang around asking the palyers for freebies at games (home and away).
I've always had a season ticket so never had a need for a 'comp' at a home game but I'd like to think that fans would pay for a ticket instead of trying to get freebies all the time, especially in the current climate of our finances. This isn't aimed at the people who can't afford tickets but those who are there all the time trying to get a free pass, every game. You know who you are people!

You are right like, some of the lads I play football with think they are well in with the players , they are not as I know the players and staff as much as they do but the cheeky ones say shy bairns get nowt, and go begging . I wouldn't lower myself to ask, although the Ron greener secret hand shake club would have been nice last winter

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:06 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Sadly some people think its an automatic right that they get in for free, including the Ron Greener Suite after a game. I think that rather that the stewards holding the door for everybody to go in, they should actually be checking for people trying to sneak in for nothing. Despite the clubs perilous position they're are still people going in the Ron Greener that haven't paid.
Like you're well known for doing?