Todays attndance

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

unrealist
Team Supported: Darlington

Todays attndance

Post by unrealist » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:32 pm

Or more to the point the lack of it - less than 2000 of our own supporters suggest the little bubble has burst - as HM said this isn't sustainable.

Boro were away today too so it looks like what people were saying is true - those boosted crowds were simply a bit of a sympathy vote but that's long gone were on our own and I'm sorry to say its looking bleak both on and off the pitch

Hilly

Re: Todays attndance

Post by Hilly » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:34 pm

Stop trolling.

micra3

Post by micra3 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:34 pm

Did u go to todays match :?:
M I C R A 3

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:38 pm

This is a Poolie. Fuck off Poolie.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

screaminscull

Post by screaminscull » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:42 pm

Piss off back to the hangers board

unrealist

Post by unrealist » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:43 pm

Yes I was at today's game were you?

Its not us that turn up thats the problem its those who dont 3000 down on last home game

bedaledarlo

Post by bedaledarlo » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:53 pm

The bubble hasn't burst.

People are just going to have to get real about the price of the product.

5,000 turned up twice at 2 consecutive recent home games and spent a small fortune.

They had a good time and will choose their games and when they wish to make a semi-serious purchase like this and come back again.

It costs too much and floaters simply vote with their feet.

The biggest thing keeping people away is the inflated price. Supporters are there and they will come in numbers when the backwards pricing is dealt with. And lets be open and honest about it, it is backwards. For the club's income and for the fans.

Pay day has just happened and we welcomed back Wainy today - two things that make this attendance figure even more worrying...

Its really not a Community Club that charges prices like this.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:57 pm

Everyone agrees the prices are too high for the level of football, but we can't get silly about price cuts either.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

DTID

Post by DTID » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:08 pm

Quakerz wrote:Everyone agrees the prices are too high for the level of football, but we can't get silly about price cuts either.
Its not about introducing "silly" price cuts. However, I'm more inclined to use the word, "tactful" prices. We need more people to the games but also increase revenue. The only thing that will do that is reducing prices.

They've come up with these £75 tickets for the rest of the season but you have to pay upfront. How many can afford this having ploughed savings into shares? I know I'm struggling.

We need to he making it easier for those floating supporters.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

charlie

Post by charlie » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:16 pm

I couldnt attend today as it was my daughters birthday meal, she finally `showed up` in time for me to make it before going to race night

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:22 pm

Hilly wrote:Stop trolling.

Same ISP address as a previously banned troll. !!!??

unrealist

Post by unrealist » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:33 pm

but we have introduced a price cut with the 7 game ticket but its obviously not worked

bedaledarlo

Post by bedaledarlo » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:39 pm

DTID wrote:
Quakerz wrote:Everyone agrees the prices are too high for the level of football, but we can't get silly about price cuts either.
Its not about introducing "silly" price cuts. However, I'm more inclined to use the word, "tactful" prices. We need more people to the games but also increase revenue. The only thing that will do that is reducing prices.

They've come up with these £75 tickets for the rest of the season but you have to pay upfront. How many can afford this having ploughed savings into shares? I know I'm struggling.

We need to he making it easier for those floating supporters.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Indeed, it is a nice offer, well timed but I think it is a big ask for hundreds to take it up. People pick their games and those that dont have season tickets already. As you say its a lot to swallow at once.

People want little mouthfulls to swallow (10 or 12 pound mouthfulls) and they will come in serious numbers for us on a sustainable basis.

Downside? We only need to regularly get 500 more of them through the turnstiles at that price to break it even.

Upside? Just 500 more gets you 5k per match more just in gate receipts alone.....
1,000 more (which I think is very doable armed with these prices) and you are looking at 10k more in revenue.

Now is the time to do it. Otherwise we are not truly a community club in my opinion.

Alternatively lets take a serious look at the Pooly, Bradford offer and push it very very hard in the pre-season? I would put time into this. We could leaflet every door in the town, put on events like they did at Bradford with the barbecue day etc. Run a ticker like they have with crowd-cube....

charlie

Post by charlie » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:42 pm

We cant touch the prices until WE as a community take control of the club

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:45 pm

Bedale...

1 Breaking even to current levels is not enough!

2 500 MORE than the 500 MORE needed to "break even" (its actually 600 more needed) is actually 1,000 more than our pre admin average, in order to make 5k more in revenue, except of course you've assumed all adults and no concesions/kids.

DON'T reply, we've done this conversation before, I laid it on a plate for you and you're still misrepresenting the figures.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:53 pm

I am entirely confident that 1883 Ltd will be adjusting ticket prices to more attractive but still 'safe' levels.

Like Charlie says though, nothing will be done until they take over. I dont even think the administrator will allow the 'product' to be lowered in price whilst he is running it.

bedaledarlo

Post by bedaledarlo » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:04 pm

Of course its not enough!! The idea is to start an upward spiral. We have never disagreed on that.

I'm not misrepresenting figures. You are still refusing to allow for every extra attendee giving us a quid profit on on the day spends (which is conservative Im sure most would agree) so the figure is 500-550. Either way 500-600 we are talking semantics arent we?

Duffle did the figures to be fair Q and you rehashed them, so lets not be taking too much credit there eh?

I do truly appreciate that you finally did come to the table and actually look at the numbers though. Yes it got you in a real mess with your argument, but at least you opened your mind to it.

As was said by many on the big argument we are on the same page now that you have been dragged to the table to actually do some sums on this. Your orginal position was we would need to almost double the crowd figures. So now we are arguing about 50 fans here or there?

It is a pointless debate on 50 or 60 here or there. I'm afraid the figures reigned you in massively and the only thing left to discuss is why we are not doing this.

I also think you are way off-message with the majority of the fan-base here Q. Most see this for what it is, a massive open goal that has been there for years waiting for someone in charge to put their foot through the ball.

Can it be successful in isolation? No
Can it be sucessful with hard work and determination? Yes
Do we need to do something because doing nothing has left us in the financial doggy do? Yes

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:06 pm

bedaledarlo wrote:Of course its not enough!! The idea is to start an upward spiral. We have never disagreed on that.

I'm not misrepresenting figures. You are still refusing to allow for every extra attendee giving us a quid profit on on the day spends (which is conservative Im sure most would agree) so the figure is 500-550. Either way 500-600 we are talking semantics arent we?

Duffle did the figures to be fair Q and you rehashed them, so lets not be taking too much credit there eh?

I do truly appreciate that you finally did come to the table and actually look at the numbers though. Yes it got you in a real mess with your argument, but at least you opened your mind to it.

As was said by many on the big argument we are on the same page now that you have been dragged to the table to actually do some sums on this. Your orginal position was we would need to almost double the crowd figures. So now we are arguing about 50 fans here or there?

It is a pointless debate on 50 or 60 here or there. I'm afraid the figures reigned you in massively and the only thing left to discuss is why we are not doing this.

I also think you are way off-message with the majority of the fan-base here Q. Most see this for what it is, a massive open goal that has been there for years waiting for someone in charge to put their foot through the ball.

Do we need to do something because doing nothing has left us in the financial doggy do? Yes
Nobody got in a real mess.

Conversation over you fucking cock end.

divas

Post by divas » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:10 pm

I can't believe we're still doing this conversation. If £10 is such a winner, why is no one at this level or above doing it?

bedaledarlo

Post by bedaledarlo » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:15 pm

They are divas. The dog fuckers up the road. Succesfully.

Shrews let a man take his 2 bairns in for 18 quid too. Successfully.

I truly think the way forward is a season ticket deal though. We are at the end of this season and something like this needs planning and hard work.

RUMPLESTILTSKIN

Post by RUMPLESTILTSKIN » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:17 pm

Quakerz wrote:
bedaledarlo wrote:Of course its not enough!! The idea is to start an upward spiral. We have never disagreed on that.

Nobody got in a real mess.

Conversation over you fucking cock end.

Q wins again with his superior debating skills. ;)
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is King

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:21 pm

He was baiting me, I gave him what he wanted.

divas

Post by divas » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:25 pm

bedaledarlo wrote:They are divas. The dog fuckers up the road. Succesfully.

Shrews let a man take his 2 bairns in for 18 quid too. Successfully.

I truly think the way forward is a season ticket deal though. We are at the end of this season and something like this needs planning and hard work.

Are you talking £10 a game on a match by match basis or ST. If it's the latter then we're already doing that just about with the 7 games for £75

The Shrews deal was a one off.

Churt Darlo

Post by Churt Darlo » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:35 pm

I know it's been mentioned a few times before on different threads, but allowing kids in for £1 means they drag full paying parents with them, creates a good atmosphere, spend some money on drinks, food, programme etc and hopefully and more importantly gives them the Darlo bug.

I know Crawley did it again today and it said on their website that they had sold out of those tickets - their attendance was 3361 today, up from 2987 for their last Saturday league game.

bedaledarlo

Post by bedaledarlo » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:39 pm

I really think we should do the full season ticket dealy with the staged price cuts based on ticket sales take up. Every 500 sold the price comes down.

I think these things need to be marketed strongly and I think we should take some time to plan a real assault on the town in the pre-season over the 2 month period. Maybe we could even start floggin the season tickets for next year in April? Build up a head of steam with it.

The 7 game was a good idea. As always its a good move in the right direction but a lot of people are shelling out for the shares so its a funny time and it really wanted instant and quick results which is never easy.

I mean I would have taken up the deal for example but I'm away for a few of those games so I'm not going to, then youve got a lot of folk who would come to that many games already have season tickets.

With a full season ticket dealy we can try to please everybody. It keeps existing season ticket holders happy too which was a big concern of Jazz's.

sada8022

Post by sada8022 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:43 pm

The town has spoken

quakerlady

Post by quakerlady » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:51 pm

Did anyone else think that the attendance number was a bit low again. People around me did again. Only 1800 of us in the main stand and round into the west stand?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:52 pm

Seemed bang on to me. Block 6 was virtually empty.

bedaledarlo

Post by bedaledarlo » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:54 pm

It was really, really quiet today, I think it was the right figure, I'm sorry to say.

Half of the singers in Block 5 / 6 were not there, the West stand looked really empty from our view too.

quakerlady

Post by quakerlady » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:56 pm

Ok fair enough I was in Block 10 and it seemed really full down there
West stand did look fairly empty maybe 100 in there?