Why should Darlo be allowed to sign players...?

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

MB86DFC
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by MB86DFC » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:27 pm

Hilly wrote:
charlie wrote:
MB86DFC wrote:
Hilly wrote:
MB86DFC wrote:Someone prove to me that this community model can work over the next 3 years and I will happily fuck off in the knowledge that the club will survive. I bet none of you can.
So what do we do? Let the club go out of business? What does that prove?
We're going to go bust regardless, be it next week or in a year when we're 500+grand in debt form crap attendances, so might as well use this money for a better cause, such as setting up a phoenix. I've said before, IF we hit 700k we will only have 200grand to see us through this season and summer. Season ticket sales will boost the pot but won't last beyond jan next year. Then what? Buckets out again?
If we set up the Phoenix the 700k is ours, we can stay at the ground, have the same off the field income but have a much lower wage bill. The wage bill is what has crippled us.

I'd rather DFC in its current form stayed alive but I can't see it and were putting all our eggs in one basket. I'd rather have something from scratch that nothing at all

Your wrong the 700k wouldnt be there to use, it would be returned to the share holders as they are investing in Darlington FC not a new phoenix club
Thats a point. You wouldn't even have the 750k.

The most you would have would be the 50k the Trust are yet to invest into the BuyDarlo scheme. So hot shot.... you've got 50k to start out a Phoenix Club. Hows that going to work?
People are pumping money into this, people would put money into a Phoenix with the roughly the same enthusiasm if the plan was a community run club from scratch, look at Chester, afc Wimbledon etc. there is the 750k

I can't be bothered arguing anymore, PM me your apologies in 18 months when your carrying the shopping for the misses round the cornmill.

Quakerz

Re: Why should Darlo be allowed to sign players...?

Post by Quakerz » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:28 pm

MB86DFC wrote:
Hilly wrote:
MB86DFC wrote:
Hilly wrote:
MB86DFC wrote:Someone prove to me that this community model can work over the next 3 years and I will happily fuck off in the knowledge that the club will survive. I bet none of you can.
We're going to go bust regardless, be it next week or in a year when we're 500+grand in debt form crap attendances, so might as well use this money for a better cause, such as setting up a phoenix. I've said before, IF we hit 700k we will only have 200grand to see us through this season and summer. Season ticket sales will boost the pot but won't last beyond jan next year. Then what? Buckets out again?
If we set up the Phoenix the 700k is ours, we can stay at the ground, have the same off the field income but have a much lower wage bill. The wage bill is what has crippled us.

I'd rather DFC in its current form stayed alive but I can't see it and were putting all our eggs in one basket. I'd rather have something from scratch that nothing at all
Ok. I'll humor you...

Ok...we use the 750k to set up a Phoenix Club which starts off in the Northern League. Where do we play at? The Arena? So we're in The Northern League playing at the arena. Same rent. Same costs. Lower attendances. Yeah that's going to end well isn't it...

So we try and build a new stadium. How? Where is the 5 - 10 million going to come from for that?
We wouldn't need a new stadium.
Your all confident that the arena is going to turn a profit off the pitch for the new community club in the conference, so why couldn't the same facility turn a profit in the northern league?

The players wages have been the major problem and are what has sent us into admin Wages in the northern league or wherever a phoenix ends up will be very low, attendances will be relatively high for the level meaning the playing side will be in profit which can subsidise the arenas costs until the conferencing side starts to pay for the arena, then we move up.

Off the pitch won't be profitable for a long time so we need the playing side to subsidise, or have money in the bank to fall back on. 200k in the conference won't last long, 700k lower I the pyramid will,
1 Why would we have 700k in the NL? We wouldn't. We might raise nowhere near it for this club either.

2 Income would be massively down in the NL, adult prices are a fiver rather than £15/16/18. We probably wouldn't generate enough income through gates and sponsorship to even open the stadium. Forget wages.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:29 pm

By the way, I suspect one or two bitter trust members could be posting in various guises.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

charlie

Post by charlie » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:30 pm

I think your wrong, I dont think folk invest the same amount without the history of the club behind it

mobi

Post by mobi » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:31 pm

Hilly wrote:Thats a point. You wouldn't even have the 750k.

The most you would have would be the 50k the Trust are yet to invest into the BuyDarlo scheme. So hot shot.... you've got 50k to start out a Phoenix Club. Hows that going to work?
I think he may be of the opinion that we could raise capital for a phoenix club in the same we are raising funds now. Currently we are rasising money to pay debt. Raising 250K is amazing, but none of it goes to the club, neither does the next 250K. We will have debts to pay off for the next 3 years and very little capital. Its not a great way to start a business. I'll go with it and I'll buy shares, because its all thats on offer, but I still think its a bad idea and liquidation would have been the only sensible option.

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:32 pm

MB86DFC wrote:
Hilly wrote:
MB86DFC wrote:
Hilly wrote:

Ok. I'll humor you...

Ok...we use the 750k to set up a Phoenix Club which starts off in the Northern League. Where do we play at? The Arena? So we're in The Northern League playing at the arena. Same rent. Same costs. Lower attendances. Yeah that's going to end well isn't it...

So we try and build a new stadium. How? Where is the 5 - 10 million going to come from for that?
We wouldn't need a new stadium.
Your all confident that the arena is going to turn a profit off the pitch for the new community club in the conference, so why couldn't the same facility turn a profit in the northern league?

The players wages have been the major problem and are what has sent us into admin Wages in the northern league or wherever a phoenix ends up will be very low, attendances will be relatively high for the level meaning the playing side will be in profit which can subsidise the arenas costs until the conferencing side starts to pay for the arena, then we move up.

Off the pitch won't be profitable for a long time so we need the playing side to subsidise, or have money in the bank to fall back on. 200k in the conference won't last long, 700k lower I the pyramid will,

This is the weirdest logic I've ever seen. Our wage bill from May 1st is zero. There is no appetite, money or interest in a Phoenix club, there is no league for them to join, there is no deal in place for anywhere for them to play. You crack on mate.

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:32 pm

Quakerz wrote:By the way, I suspect one or two bitter trust members could be posting in various guises.
Not the case although wouldn't surprise me, not on or had anything to do with the trust, just a concerned fan of about 20 years.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:33 pm

MB86DFC wrote: People are pumping money into this, people would put money into a Phoenix with the roughly the same enthusiasm if the plan was a community run club from scratch, look at Chester, afc Wimbledon etc. there is the 750k

I can't be bothered arguing anymore, PM me your apologies in 18 months when your carrying the shopping for the misses round the cornmill.
So you're claiming that the BuyDarlo scheme won't work because you have no facts... yet you're claiming a Phoenix Club WILL work without any facts also.

Ha! The doors over there. Shut it on your way out will you?

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:35 pm

Quakerz wrote:By the way, I suspect one or two bitter trust members could be posting in various guises.
Who knows, but i have yet to be convinced they're anything but devastated that it's not them charging over the hill on a white steed.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:36 pm

mobi wrote:Currently we are rasising money to pay debt. Raising 250K is amazing, but none of it goes to the club, neither does the next 250K. We will have debts to pay off for the next 3 years and very little capital.

If we raise the second 250k then we WON'T have debts to pay over the next 3 years, at least get your facts right. The 2nd 250k is to wipe the slate clean. It's only if we DON'T raise the 2nd 250k that we'd be paying off a CVA...

The 3rd 250k is to provide a bit of working capital towards running the club next season.

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:36 pm

Hilly wrote:
MB86DFC wrote: People are pumping money into this, people would put money into a Phoenix with the roughly the same enthusiasm if the plan was a community run club from scratch, look at Chester, afc Wimbledon etc. there is the 750k

So you're claiming that the BuyDarlo scheme won't work because you have no facts... yet you're claiming a Phoenix Club WILL work without any facts also.

If it wasnt for the fact the club will be dead I'd quite enjoy rubbing it in your face the most, your clueless.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:39 pm

MB86DFC wrote:
Hilly wrote:

If it wasnt for the fact the club will be dead I'd quite enjoy rubbing it in your face the most, your clueless.
I'm clueless?! Ha! So despite the majority on this thread laughing and belittling your world domination plans, I'm the one that's clueless?

Yeah, right-o mate... Like I say, doors over there.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:40 pm

It seems like you want us to fail, you're a troll.

Look, many of us have doubts ranging from slight to serious regarding the future, however this share issue is all we have.

What is the point running around shouting we're going to fail? If we do fail, we can pick over the bones when it happens.

You seem to be taking pleasure from trolling and are going on like you're the only one that can foresee us not managing.

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:47 pm

I'm taking no pleasure in watching a club I've followed for 20 years die. I've had to defend supporting darlo to my man u and Newcastle supporting mates who instantly dismiss us as some tin pot s*** that deserves to go bust, I want DFC to survive in its current form but just cant see it which is why i think a satisfactory solution would be the Phoenix with money raised In the same community model It's because of this I'm objecting, if i didn't care I'd sit back and watch all this unfold.

Oh and hilly, please give me one scrap of evidence or proof that it is going to work and I'll fuck off.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:51 pm

MB86DFC wrote:I'm taking no pleasure in watching a club I've followed for 20 years die.
Die?

I'd say we've gained a new lease of life in the last month with 12,000 through the gates, a community pulling together, and 250k raised in FIVE DAYS.

Die?

I wish you fucking would.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:53 pm

MB86DFC wrote:Oh and hilly, please give me one scrap of evidence or proof that it is going to work and I'll fuck off.
I can't! But by god I, and many, many others, are going to try our hardest to make sure that we give it one hell of a shot.

Now can you give me one scrap of evidence that your scheme will work? Oh and don't say AFC Wimbledon etc... because that isn't evidence.
Last edited by Hilly on Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:55 pm

What's stopping him setting a new club up in the northern league? We can compare notes in a few years..

charlie

Post by charlie » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:55 pm

The admin obv thinks its doable otherwise we would of been dead and buried by now

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:04 pm

Personally, I wouldn't have invested in a "phoenix club"

I can't be bothered to list the reasons as it's too late. But perhaps a large group of motivated, and genuinely interested people can run this club better than our previous 3 chairman, who were; mad, bad and .............. well, best leave it there.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:50 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:Personally, I wouldn't have invested in a "phoenix club"

I can't be bothered to list the reasons as it's too late. But perhaps a large group of motivated, and genuinely interested people can run this club better than our previous 3 chairman, who were; mad, bad and .............. well, best leave it there.

I'm with you.

If I want to watch low level non-League football in Darlington, I already have a number of decent choices.