Why should Darlo be allowed to sign players...?

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

AIDO
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Why should Darlo be allowed to sign players...?

Post by AIDO » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:01 pm

It wasn't a "cheery soul" I was thinking abiout to describe him!

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:01 pm

MB86DFC wrote:Someone prove to me that this community model can work over the next 3 years and I will happily fuck off in the knowledge that the club will survive. I bet none of you can.
So what do we do? Let the club go out of business? What does that prove?

Jonny
Team Supported: Hartlepool

Post by Jonny » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:02 pm

Quakerz wrote:There's 7 home games to come, and 250k in the bank near enough. What do you mean there is no money you Poolie simpleton?
How much is the administrator owed?

How much are the current players owed?

What other liabilities do you have - for example - owing players money that have now left?

Surely DFC should still be budgetting for low crowds even though the crowd size is likely to be swelled for the rest of the season..?

charlie

Post by charlie » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:02 pm

Jonny wrote:On loan players I think you should be allowed to call in some favours and get whoever you can as long as DFC don't spend a penny on the % of the players wage. If Boro, Pools, Sunderland or whoever are prepared to continue paying a player in full but are prepared to loan a player for whatever reason it shouldn't matter whether it is an untried youngster or Nobby Solano - as long as Darlo aren't paying it should be allowed.....

ps - some of you lot type quick....

Thats what were asking for, it would be an insult to the players we have to pay someone wages while they are waiting

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:03 pm

Because I'm right, it's shut what is happening to the club I've supported for 20 years. I'm just not one bit convinced that the plan will work and am hanging around to see what's next. Hopefully a more realistic plan I can support

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:03 pm

MB86DFC wrote:Someone prove to me that this community model can work over the next 3 years and I will happily fuck off in the knowledge that the club will survive. I bet none of you can.
What's the option, sod off to the Cornmill and wander round there every Saturday, my lass might like that but personally not for me..

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:04 pm

Jonny wrote:On loan players I think you should be allowed to call in some favours and get whoever you can as long as DFC don't spend a penny on the % of the players wage. If Boro, Pools, Sunderland or whoever are prepared to continue paying a player in full but are prepared to loan a player for whatever reason it shouldn't matter whether it is an untried youngster or Nobby Solano - as long as Darlo aren't paying it should be allowed.....

ps - some of you lot type quick....
Precisely. That is my point. Loan rules would still apply i.e. we couldn't loan more than a certain number, we couldn't play more than a certain number in the same team etc...

Being able to loan players from clubs who are willing to pay their wages should be the compromise, not the fact that they must be 19 years old or unattached.

charlie

Post by charlie » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:04 pm

So you want to just give up with out a fight, just lie down and let the wolves in? I take my politeness back, why dont you just FUCK OFF

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:06 pm

Strong Charlie but I see your point.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:06 pm

MB86DFC wrote:Because I'm right, it's shut what is happening to the club I've supported for 20 years. I'm just not one bit convinced that the plan will work and am hanging around to see what's next. Hopefully a more realistic plan I can support
You seem desperate to support a Phoenix Club of some sort. Sod that. I (and many others) will try my damned hardest to make sure that this club survives. Don't want to be part of it - the door is over there.

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:07 pm

Hilly wrote:
MB86DFC wrote:Because I'm right, it's shut what is happening to the club I've supported for 20 years. I'm just not one bit convinced that the plan will work and am hanging around to see what's next. Hopefully a more realistic plan I can support
You seem desperate to support a Phoenix Club of some sort. Sod that. I (and many others) will try my damned hardest to make sure that this club survives. Don't want to be part of it - the door is over there.
:clap: .....

ted_do

Post by ted_do » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:08 pm

the community club can work its easy you dont spend more money than you have coming in, you can use this model to stay sustainable season after season for ever. Whether the team on the pitch will be any good is a different matter and if crowds and income drop so will the leagues until we get the club the fans/town deserve Or the feel good factor kicks in and crowds go up we may just get some success.
Last edited by ted_do on Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MKDarlo

Post by MKDarlo » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:09 pm

I can quite understand the position if we are paying anything towards getting a player in on loan. In that case I agree with the Conference BUT if someone is offered to us FOR NOTHING then we should be allowed to have them.

These blazered wankers in their nice plush offices, sipping their cognac and smoking their comfortable cigars are taking the piss and are going to kill us on the field.

As I said in a recent tweet those kids have played 2 games in a day you stupid fuckers – Not much integrity left in your competition is there!

Jonny
Team Supported: Hartlepool

Post by Jonny » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:09 pm

AIDO wrote:
Jonny wrote:I don't know what standard of player you would like to sign but I would still reckon that 3 experienced but cheap players would cost Darlo about a £1000 a week between the 3 - and I am possibly being conservative....? How can DFC possibly outlay another £10-12k between now and May when there is little or no money. What player is going to sign on the never - never of getting paid.

How would you feel if you were a player owed money who was struggling to afford to get to training yet the club sign new players? I know it sounds harsh but surely it would also be unfair to your rivals if you signed players who kept you up when half the squad were still owed wages....?
Don't come on here and patronise you sad git! How dare you lot talk about money we don't have. The 250K we have now is actual cash mate. Something you fellas haven't a clue about. Be careful .... in todays day and age your clubs name is on the list .... make no mistake about that!
:eh: How am I being patronising?

mobi

Post by mobi » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:11 pm

This forum should be a place for people to express their views, for the last few weeks it has been dominated by people shouting down anyone who expresses the slightest doubt about the future plans.

Not everybody subscribes to the groupthink that some people want to impose on everyone.

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:12 pm

Hilly wrote:
We're going to go bust regardless, be it next week or in a year when we're 500+grand in debt form crap attendances, so might as well use this money for a better cause, such as setting up a phoenix. I've said before, IF we hit 700k we will only have 200grand to see us through this season and summer. Season ticket sales will boost the pot but won't last beyond jan next year. Then what? Buckets out again?
If we set up the Phoenix the 700k is ours, we can stay at the ground, have the same off the field income but have a much lower wage bill. The wage bill is what has crippled us.

I'd rather DFC in its current form stayed alive but I can't see it and were putting all our eggs in one basket. I'd rather have something from scratch that nothing at all

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:13 pm

There's views and there's just downright pessimism. We're trying our damnedest to try and get something to work here, if it doesn't come off then fair enough, but we're giving it a go
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

mobi

Post by mobi » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:15 pm

quakersam wrote:There's views and there's just downright pessimism. We're trying our damnedest to try and get something to work here, if it doesn't come off then fair enough, but we're giving it a go
A pesseimistc view is still a view. Nobody has to right to tell people to leave this forum simply because they disagree with the current dominant viewpoint.

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:15 pm

I see no one has offered the slightest bit of evidence of how this will work long term. You all desperately want the club to survive (me too) so are blindly following a flawed plan.

As I said, someone prove me wrong and I will happily concede I'm wrong and leave you all too it. If you can convince me I will even donate.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:16 pm

That's because we don't know do we. Let me look into my crystal ball, I won't be long :roll:
Last edited by quakersam on Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:16 pm

MB86DFC wrote:
Hilly wrote:
We're going to go bust regardless, be it next week or in a year when we're 500+grand in debt form crap attendances, so might as well use this money for a better cause, such as setting up a phoenix. I've said before, IF we hit 700k we will only have 200grand to see us through this season and summer. Season ticket sales will boost the pot but won't last beyond jan next year. Then what? Buckets out again?
If we set up the Phoenix the 700k is ours, we can stay at the ground, have the same off the field income but have a much lower wage bill. The wage bill is what has crippled us.

I'd rather DFC in its current form stayed alive but I can't see it and were putting all our eggs in one basket. I'd rather have something from scratch that nothing at all
Ok. I'll humor you...

Ok...we use the 750k to set up a Phoenix Club which starts off in the Northern League. Where do we play at? The Arena? So we're in The Northern League playing at the arena. Same rent. Same costs. Lower attendances. Yeah that's going to end well isn't it...

So we try and build a new stadium. How? Where is the 5 - 10 million going to come from for that?

ted_do

Post by ted_do » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:17 pm

mobi wrote:This forum should be a place for people to express their views, for the last few weeks it has been dominated by people shouting down anyone who expresses the slightest doubt about the future plans.

Not everybody subscribes to the groupthink that some people want to impose on everyone.
Well plenty of people are thinking all the same lines as 250k in four days shows.
Why cant the doubters and questioners get into their heads that this is it there is nothing absolutely nothing else on the table its DFC1883 warts and all or liquidation and there is no need for holding back you either support this plan or you will not have a club.

charlie

Post by charlie » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:19 pm

MB86DFC wrote:
Hilly wrote:

Your wrong the 700k wouldnt be there to use, it would be returned to the share holders as they are investing in Darlington FC not a new phoenix club

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:19 pm

MB86DFC wrote:I see no one has offered the slightest bit of evidence of how this will work long term. You all desperately want the club to survive (me too) so are blindly following a flawed plan.
At the risk of keeping this topic, er, off topic, what do you see as the flaws? I don't think any plan would be perfect but this is the best chance we've got. Community ownership, no one person pulling the strings, and a commitment to not run at a loss. Nobody said it was easy (TM and C Chris Martin) but I genuinely believe it can work.

I'm not in favour of hounding anyone off the board who disagrees, but I would prefer constructive dialogue on why from both sides rather than simply "grump grump grump dunno why we're bothering, it's never going to work" - I ask you again, how will we know unless we try?
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

notgnilrad

Post by notgnilrad » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:20 pm

Hilly wrote:
MB86DFC wrote:
Hilly wrote:

Ok. I'll humor you...

Ok...we use the 750k to set up a Phoenix Club which starts off in the Northern League. Where do we play at? The Arena? So we're in The Northern League playing at the arena. Same rent. Same costs. Lower attendances. Yeah that's going to end well isn't it...

So we try and build a new stadium. How? Where is the 5 - 10 million going to come from for that?

And also to add what happens when the 750K has gone and we are still in the northern league then what happens?? The interest with a Phoenix club doesnt have the same pull as a football club with over 125 years of history so there wouldn't be many fans as there is now.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:21 pm

MB86DFC wrote:I see no one has offered the slightest bit of evidence of how this will work long term. You all desperately want the club to survive (me too) so are blindly following a flawed plan.
You say nobody has offered evidence as to why the club will survive, but by the same token you have called the plan (which NONE of us have seen or examined yet) "flawed". How do you know it's flawed, clever c***?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:23 pm

charlie wrote:
MB86DFC wrote:
Hilly wrote:

Your wrong the 700k wouldnt be there to use, it would be returned to the share holders as they are investing in Darlington FC not a new phoenix club
Thats a point. You wouldn't even have the 750k.

The most you would have would be the 50k the Trust are yet to invest into the BuyDarlo scheme. So hot shot.... you've got 50k to start out a Phoenix Club. Hows that going to work?
Last edited by Hilly on Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:23 pm

:lol: :clap:

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:24 pm

Hilly wrote:
MB86DFC wrote:
Hilly wrote:

Ok. I'll humor you...

We wouldn't need a new stadium.
Your all confident that the arena is going to turn a profit off the pitch for the new community club in the conference, so why couldn't the same facility turn a profit in the northern league?

The players wages have been the major problem and are what has sent us into admin Wages in the northern league or wherever a phoenix ends up will be very low, attendances will be relatively high for the level meaning the playing side will be in profit which can subsidise the arenas costs until the conferencing side starts to pay for the arena, then we move up.

Off the pitch won't be profitable for a long time so we need the playing side to subsidise, or have money in the bank to fall back on. 200k in the conference won't last long, 700k lower I the pyramid will,

charlie

Post by charlie » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:26 pm

MB86DFC wrote:
Hilly wrote:
MB86DFC wrote:
Hilly wrote:

Ok. I'll humor you...

We wouldn't need a new stadium.
Your all confident that the arena is going to turn a profit off the pitch for the new community club in the conference, so why couldn't the same facility turn a profit in the northern league?

The players wages have been the major problem and are what has sent us into admin Wages in the northern league or wherever a phoenix ends up will be very low, attendances will be relatively high for the level meaning the playing side will be in profit which can subsidise the arenas costs until the conferencing side starts to pay for the arena, then we move up.

Off the pitch won't be profitable for a long time so we need the playing side to subsidise, or have money in the bank to fall back on. 200k in the conference won't last long, 700k lower I the pyramid will,

your missing the point we wouldnt have the 750 k folk are investing in Darlo fc not a phoenix club IT WOULD BE RETURNED TO THE INVESTORS