Why should Darlo be allowed to sign players...?

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Jonny
Team Supported: Hartlepool

Post by Jonny » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:35 pm

When the players you have are still owed money? Just thought I would ask, I know it must be frustrating watching struggle after struggle but do some of you really think that you should be allowed to sign players in the position you are in...?

mikkyx
Site Admin

Re: Why should Darlo be allowed to sign players...?

Post by mikkyx » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:41 pm

I understand why we're under a transfer embargo but at the same time the Conference are effectively forcing us to use our youth team at the moment in the name of "protecting the integrity of their competition" - some of the lads on that pitch as I type this are now playing their second game of the day. How is that integrity? How is THAT fair?

It is damaging to their confidence, their morale, and other teams who's own positions may be affected by our inability (whoever's fault that is) to field a team which doesn't have an average age implying it should still be sitting it's GCSEs.

I accept it's our own fault - and that by registering the youth team players we've set ourselves up for this - but there has to be some sort of middle ground. Being forced to field a 16 with more kids than seniors isn't protecting the integrity of anything.
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

MB86DFC
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by MB86DFC » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:41 pm

^^ this. I'm getting bored of reading posts from our fans that are having a cry that we have no players and that we're getting beaten. We owe players money, haven't yet proven we can pay the owed money and money going forward and yet still some of you think we should commit to further contracts.

charlie

Post by charlie » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:42 pm

We made the mistake of registering youth players, hopefully others will take note and not make the same mistake. While I understand your point of view it isnt fair whats happening to the youth players, 2 games in one day just for starters

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:44 pm

Which is why they let us sign players on a one in one out basis as long as they are unattached or 19 - compromise.

Really, we are in administration, the conference would get shedloads of stick if we were allowed to sign good players to bale us out.

Our only hope is that they lift the embargo as soon as we pay the football creditors, but I can see them waiting until we are completely out of administration.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:44 pm

I've said it elsewhere and I'll say it again. I can see why we shouldn't be allowed to sign players when we can't pay our own. Fair enough. Haven't got a problem with that.

But don't stop us from trying to loan players which won't cost us anything. Stop putting stupid rules like they must be under 19 years old or unattached. What the hell has that got to do with it other than trying to make it harder for us?

Darlo_George_96

Post by Darlo_George_96 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:45 pm

At the end of the day its not fair on the fans. We didnt run the club so poorly that it looses 80k a month. Its hardest on us
@George_S96

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:47 pm

We are where we are, everyone is following the rules. We are playing our registered players, the conference are only letting us sign players for injuries.

I agree with sticking with the rules from a club level, but on an individual player level not sure its right for the young players to go through this week in/week out.

Are the rules wrong? Were we daft in registering players so they could get experience.

I just don't know anymore, although I do know that this can not go on much longer..

Haji el Maveric

Post by Haji el Maveric » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:48 pm

We are in this position because of financial mismanagement and reckless overspending. The Conference's argument would be that we can field a team plus substitutes. It seems clear that we won't be allowed to bring in any more players unless someone gets injured. Better get used to the thought of playing Harrogate Town next season. Life isn't fair.

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:48 pm

MB86DFC wrote:^^ this. I'm getting bored of reading posts from our fans that are having a cry that we have no players and that we're getting beaten. We owe players money, haven't yet proven we can pay the owed money and money going forward and yet still some of you think we should commit to further contracts.
Have you no bloody common sense? .... so the same players who are owed money have to be punished by the conference for sticking with us .... yeah right. Being punished for showing some loyalty and some human integrity .... I'm bored of your stupid rants by the way mr bloody M66 or whatever you are!

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:48 pm

We must be punished. I understand that entirely. But when the Conference admit they don't want to effect the integrity of the competition but on the same hand force us to use young lads who have played a game earlier on? That's what I don't understand.

Jonny

Post by Jonny » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:51 pm

I don't know what standard of player you would like to sign but I would still reckon that 3 experienced but cheap players would cost Darlo about a £1000 a week between the 3 - and I am possibly being conservative....? How can DFC possibly outlay another £10-12k between now and May when there is little or no money. What player is going to sign on the never - never of getting paid.

How would you feel if you were a player owed money who was struggling to afford to get to training yet the club sign new players? I know it sounds harsh but surely it would also be unfair to your rivals if you signed players who kept you up when half the squad were still owed wages....?

Bizza
Team Supported: Darlo, Newcastle United

Post by Bizza » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:51 pm

Seems like we shot ourselves in the foot massively by registering the youth players, hopefully the other clubs will take note and don't make the same mistake.
"The Darlo fans away to our left go ballistic!"

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:53 pm

There's 7 home games to come, and 250k in the bank near enough. What do you mean there is no money you Poolie simpleton?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:53 pm

The bloody football club has been punished ten times over. Why should the players who have stuck by us get punished too. They stand for integrity in my eyes and the bloody conference have got their head stuck up their own arse!
Last edited by AIDO on Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paulthequaker

Post by paulthequaker » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:53 pm

Why must we be punished? It wasn't the players, the fans, or anyone still involved with the club who got us into this. That regime is gone.

That's like someone buying a car and having to pay the previous owner's parking ticket.
Last edited by paulthequaker on Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

charlie

Post by charlie » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:54 pm

Jonny wrote:I don't know what standard of player you would like to sign but I would still reckon that 3 experienced but cheap players would cost Darlo about a £1000 a week between the 3 - and I am possibly being conservative....? How can DFC possibly outlay another £10-12k between now and May when there is little or no money. What player is going to sign on the never - never of getting paid.

How would you feel if you were a player owed money who was struggling to afford to get to training yet the club sign new players? I know it sounds harsh but surely it would also be unfair to your rivals if you signed players who kept you up when half the squad were still owed wages....?

We`ve had offers of loans tho that dont cost us anything, again our mistake was registering our youth players, however the commitment and loyalty shown by the players who have stuck with us , cant thank them enough

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:55 pm

Jonny - there are loanees that require no wages being spent by the loaning club. Some clubs would rather see some of their fringe players play competitive football rather than sit in the reserves.

If we can help out another club by providing competitive football and they can help us out by paying their wages, what's the problem? There are still loan rules to follow so we can only loan a few players, so it's not like we're getting a whole team of pro's for nothing.

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:55 pm

AIDO wrote:
MB86DFC wrote:^^ this. I'm getting bored of reading posts from our fans that are having a cry that we have no players and that we're getting beaten. We owe players money, haven't yet proven we can pay the owed money and money going forward and yet still some of you think we should commit to further contracts.
Have you no bloody common sense? .... so the same players who are owed money have to be punished by the conference for sticking with us .... yeah right. Being punished for showing some loyalty and some human integrity .... I'm bored of your stupid rants by the way mr bloody M66 or whatever you are!
So let's spunk more money on new players when we can't pay the ones we have, good one genius. Also I know if I wasnt being paid and my employer brought new staff i would be pretty pissed off. I wish all you idiots would take your rose tinted glasses off. We're going down, the community model won't work and well be dead within 18 months unless by some miracle a major investor appears and satisfies the creditors.

charlie

Post by charlie » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:56 pm

MB86DFC wrote:
AIDO wrote:
So let's spunk more money on new players when we can't pay the ones we have, good one genius. Also I know if I wasnt being paid and my employer brought new staff i would be pretty pissed off. I wish all you idiots would take your rose tinted glasses off. We're going down, the community model won't work and well be dead within 18 months unless by some miracle a major investor appears and satisfies the creditors.

For Gods sake why dont you just shut up

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:57 pm

Why don't you just fuck off?

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:57 pm

Jonny wrote:I don't know what standard of player you would like to sign but I would still reckon that 3 experienced but cheap players would cost Darlo about a £1000 a week between the 3 - and I am possibly being conservative....? How can DFC possibly outlay another £10-12k between now and May when there is little or no money. What player is going to sign on the never - never of getting paid.

Don't come on here and patronise you sad git! How dare you lot talk about money we don't have. The 250K we have now is actual cash mate. Something you fellas haven't a clue about. Be careful .... in todays day and age your clubs name is on the list .... make no mistake about that!

ted_do

Post by ted_do » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:57 pm

In its harshest form the conferences stance confirms crime (not paying what you owe) doesn't pay. I can see their point but now we are moving out of phase one and paying the football creditors they need to change their unwavering stance with this new phase of our exit from admin. Otherwise whats the point in trying there should be some reward for the way we have conducted ourselves since going into admin, we have fielded a team every week and put on home matches with next to no staff but they have ran smoothly.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:58 pm

MB86DFC wrote:
AIDO wrote:
Would you be just as annoyed if you knew that the new staff that have come in were being paid by a third party? Jealous? Probably. But that's about it.
Last edited by Hilly on Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

charlie

Post by charlie » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:58 pm

Quakerz wrote:Why don't you just fuck off?

Same sentiment, was trying not to get banned lol

paulthequaker

Post by paulthequaker » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:58 pm

MB86DFC wrote: So let's spunk more money on new players when we can't pay the ones we have, good one genius. Also I know if I wasnt being paid and my employer brought new staff i would be pretty pissed off. I wish all you idiots would take your rose tinted glasses off. We're going down, the community model won't work and well be dead within 18 months unless by some miracle a major investor appears and satisfies the creditors.
My what a cheery soul you are.

Jonny

Post by Jonny » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:59 pm

On loan players I think you should be allowed to call in some favours and get whoever you can as long as DFC don't spend a penny on the % of the players wage. If Boro, Pools, Sunderland or whoever are prepared to continue paying a player in full but are prepared to loan a player for whatever reason it shouldn't matter whether it is an untried youngster or Nobby Solano - as long as Darlo aren't paying it should be allowed.....

ps - some of you lot type quick....

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:59 pm

Someone prove to me that this community model can work over the next 3 years and I will happily fuck off in the knowledge that the club will survive. I bet none of you can.

paulthequaker

Post by paulthequaker » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:00 pm

MB86DFC wrote:Someone prove to me that this community model can work over the next 3 years and I will happily fuck off in the knowledge that the club will survive. I bet none of you can.
Why don't you just fuck off anyway. It would save a lot of time and effort.

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:01 pm

You can't prove anything will work until you've given it a go. I'm sure the business plans in place must've been reasonable otherwise Harvey Madden would've padlocked the gates by now.

It's better to have tried and failed than never to have tried at all.
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website