The Ticket Office today

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Team Supported: Darlington

The Ticket Office today

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:33 am

I've just been up to the Arean to get matchday tickets for the Sunderland and Newcastle games. Only Peter is working in the ticket office and as a result there was a lengthy queue. fortunately people getting season tickets let those just wanting matchday tickets to be served first. i know the club has had to make cutbacks, but only one person serving in the ticket office is a cut too far if you ask me.

divas

Re: The Ticket Office today

Post by divas » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:01 pm

nothing we can do until we come out of admin im afraid, its the same with all aspects of the club, i spoke to christine last week and she's run off her feet, its doubley difficult as not only do we have skeleton staff but we also have less time to sort things out before the season starts.

that said, i cant see raj employing too many more staff when we come out of admin as that was one of the primary reasons why we ended up in the s***, that said, as long as its minimum wage employees and not expensive commercial managers

uncovered
Site Admin

Post by uncovered » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:15 pm

the thing is pete you just can't predict how many people are going to tunr up when. I went down at lunchtime and I was the only one in. So then you would be wasting finances having somebody in doing nothing.

Had a chat to Peter for a bit and he has been through a tough time. When the club got rid of him he had to sign on the dole. He only started back on the club on July 1st.

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:27 pm

uncovered wrote:the thing is pete you just can't predict how many people are going to tunr up when. I went down at lunchtime and I was the only one in. So then you would be wasting finances having somebody in doing nothing.

Had a chat to Peter for a bit and he has been through a tough time. When the club got rid of him he had to sign on the dole. He only started back on the club on July 1st.

Isn't this somewhere where we could be helping out. I'd happily do a couple hours on a matchday morning for free.

The club must tap the supporters for help and I hope this will be recognised in the new regime.

BishopQuaker

Post by BishopQuaker » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:45 pm

Judging by the age of some of the people selling tickets the club could surely tap up QE or some of the colledges to get the D of E lot involved.

They need to clock up their hours and we need people to sell tickets/programmes etc.

They're free and they get something to go on their CV.

darlotoon

Post by darlotoon » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:25 pm

uncovered wrote:the thing is pete you just can't predict how many people are going to tunr up when. I went down at lunchtime and I was the only one in. So then you would be wasting finances having somebody in doing nothing.

Must admit when I called on Thursday for tickets I was really pleased to see Peter back, can't have been an easy time for him at all!

screaminscull

Post by screaminscull » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:36 pm

that said, i cant see raj employing too many more staff when we come out of admin as that was one of the primary reasons why we ended up in the s***, that said, as long as its minimum wage employees and not expensive commercial managers

That rules christine out then!!!!! :roll:

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:04 pm

Went up on wednesday afternoon, no one but me and my mate buying tickets, although there was a new woman serving us, seemed like she was there learning the ropes, peter was also kicking around, glad to see the club have took him back on, always been really helpful

cameron-darlo
Team Supported: Darlington, newcastle

Post by cameron-darlo » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:04 pm

oh great, it gunna be a nightmare renewing my season ticket and gettin tickets for the newcastle and sunderland games all at the same time then :shock:

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:29 pm

We went after the RA game today to get tickets for Sunderland and Newcastle, but the ticket offices looked closed up, shutters down the lot.
Just have to have a venture over midweek sometime

Sam
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

TeessideQuaker

Post by TeessideQuaker » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:33 pm

Is Peter the bloke with the Crewe Alexandra mug? If so, I've always found him poilte and helpful when I've been in.

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:03 pm

TeessideQuaker wrote:Is Peter the bloke with the Crewe Alexandra mug? If so, I've always found him poilte and helpful when I've been in.
Yep that would be Peter

rj50

Post by rj50 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:26 pm

pete is a top bloke in ticket office,always very helpful,so dont coplain DP.

darloborn

Post by darloborn » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:39 pm

quakersam wrote:We went after the RA game today to get tickets for Sunderland and Newcastle, but the ticket offices looked closed up, shutters down the lot.
Just have to have a venture over midweek sometime

Sam
I rang the ticket office earlier in the week and Pete said that the office would be open, today, until about 2pm.

Shieldsy

Post by Shieldsy » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:43 pm

Anyone know if it is open tomorrow?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:47 pm

RJ I wasn't complaining about Peter, I was complaining about the fact that he was left all by himself, on what potentially was going to be a busy morning for both season tickets and matchday tickets. The guy was definately being overworked and probably underpaid as well.