Midfield

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Quaker0006
Team Supported: Darlington

Midfield

Post by Quaker0006 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:45 pm

Disapointing performance , but wondered if anyone else thought two lads in central midfield did well today? Shame we couldnt have had Lumsdon and Smith in last years team as centre mid seemed our only week position, now were appear strong there and weak everywhere else!

dfc1883

Re: Midfield

Post by dfc1883 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:48 pm

They did well considering. We should have 2 decent centre backs in Foster and Miller, 2 decent centre mids in Lumsden and Smith, and Windass good upfront.

Looks like we'll probably get tortured down both wings as things stand.

divas

Post by divas » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:07 pm

totally agree, if they can stay injury free they'll do well this season, both shining lights, along with jeff smith, just a shame our flanks are wank.

StevieMardenboro

Post by StevieMardenboro » Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:42 pm

Impressed with the central midfield today. Strange to say after a 7-2 dicking but I think we will be ok this season . Maybe not top half but there are several positives for me: The central midfield, Windass, keeping Miller and Foster, Jeff Smith will be good in league two, Josh Gray is a star in the making, Plummer seems to have impressed people on Thursday, Todd is working on bringing in young North East talent on loan and the club seem to be trying to win the fans over instead of just slating them oh and we have a club to support when we very nearly didn't.

Keep the faith lads & Come on Darlo!!!!

Bring on Bradford Park Avenue . . .

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:48 pm

StevieMardenboro wrote:Impressed with the central midfield today. Strange to say after a 7-2 dicking but I think we will be ok this season . Maybe not top half but there are several positives for me: The central midfield, Windass, keeping Miller and Foster, Jeff Smith will be good in league two, Josh Gray is a star in the making, Plummer seems to have impressed people on Thursday, Todd is working on bringing in young North East talent on loan and the club seem to be trying to win the fans over instead of just slating them oh and we have a club to support when we very nearly didn't.

Keep the faith lads & Come on Darlo!!!!

Bring on Bradford Park Avenue . . .

Well said! - and expect some real changes when we are out of admin.

andi_darlo

Post by andi_darlo » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:59 pm

i think the changes when we come out of admin will mainly be off the pitch, with a few additions to bolster the squad.

i too thought the centre mids did well today and even after a 7-2 drubbing it was good to see they still wanted to pass the ball around and keep a bit of possession and not just start lumping it forward in the hope someone up top would take responsibility for it.

some real positives to come out of today but the real negatives are that defense look as leaky as a sieve will be interesting to see how we play with both foster and miller i think fozzy is a rock who can shout some confidence into the new lads. I think five games with fozzy givin them what for and showin them how to die for the cause and i will make my true judgment.

I do worry about a windass free team ? goals will be in short supply

KCChiefs
Team Supported: Darlington/Forest

Post by KCChiefs » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:45 am

Thought Gary Smith was superb yesterday - two good feet always looking to create something and plenty of Stamina

Lumsden ? On yesterdays performance i wouldnt have him in the team ! - very very dissapointing, just strolled about, didnt create anything - hopefully a one off

Convery was ok - lacks pace mind.

Thought James was ok yesterday in 2nd half - apart from one terrible give away he was fairly solid.

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:17 am

With Lumsdon and Smith it appears that Lumsdon likes to sit back whilst Smith likse to get forwad, Smith also appears to have a decent strike on him from distance aswell, i can see us being quite strong in midfield this season aslong as these to keep fit

feethams

Post by feethams » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:05 pm

I thought yesterdays centre midfield were great, considering who they were up against.

Don't agree that we were weak in that area last year though... Kennedy and Ravenhill were 2 of the best centre midfielders Darlo have had for a long time! Fair play Ravenhill had some red mist moments, but both chipped in with some valuble goals, and were not afraid to get stuck in - which in league 2 is what you need!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:13 pm

writeaboutnow wrote:Disapointing performance , but wondered if anyone else thought two lads in central midfield did well today? Shame we couldnt have had Lumsdon and Smith in last years team as centre mid seemed our only week position, now were appear strong there and weak everywhere else!
Last season our Central Midfield was the strongest part of our team after our Central Defence.

I'm glad Lumsdon and Smith are looking good - on paper they're probably the most exciting signings of the summer provided they stay injury free.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

RH79

Post by RH79 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:43 am

I am worried about the full back areas and we need some more forwards into the club asap! The centre half and midfield areas seem to be covered with decent quality and Windass will get us goals.