7 f, ING 2

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

DarloOnTheUp
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: 7 f, ING 2

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:28 pm

We still need a pacey striker to play off Windass, a pacey right winger who will actually take his man on, and a left back who isn't Craig James, but I'd be surprised if any of these wishes were fulfilled.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:30 pm

goldensyrup wrote:Right first off I could not see our previous squad loosing 7 - 2 and yes it is very early days for the team that we have, but dear me were they rubbish at times.
There's a reason why you could not see our previous squad losing 7-2, a small matter of a couple of hundred thousand pounds more than our current wage bill.

d5rlo

Post by d5rlo » Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:30 pm

We lost 5-0 to a far weaker Middlesbrough side last pre-season, and we didn't have a completely new team then either.

You can't compare that Newcastle team to Watford last season; Watford nearly went down last year but for a late revival, Newcastle fielded a team of internationals and if they kept that squad next season (they won't because most of the f*ckers want to leave) they would almost certainly win the Championship title.

micra3

Post by micra3 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:41 pm

Seem 3 friendlies now and did not want to be too negative

Midfield seems ok
Forward have not had much of the ball to be fair
Full backs have been pants
M I C R A 3

piggy

Post by piggy » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:04 pm

havent seen any of the friendlys this season due to being exiled down sarf.

of course it is worrying that we have shipped in 11 in the last 2 games. However we must try to remind ourselves that in L2 we wont be facing players of the claiber of Keiran Richardson, Andy Reid, Duff, Barton etc etc.

We are prcatically starting from scratch this year and we cant expect too much. Its a depressing situation given what we've had last couple of seasons team wise, but nonetheless that is the situation we're in.

As someone stated on another post the Hamilton game will give us a better yardstick of where we are (should they dick us 5 or 6 though can I state we are doomed though ;) )

Trying to keep the faith...

piggy

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:06 pm

Ok - here goes with my views:

Keeper looked poor, full backs shocking. Foster and Miller will improve today's back four when fit.

Windass will score goals if he can stay fit - was impressed to be fair.
Josh Gray impresses me each time I see him although was out of position today.

Our number six - don't even know who he was - was absolutely excellent I thought and looked better than Kennedy on today's showing. Big plus.

We tried to play a lot of football, although not always successful it looks as though we'll see more of the ball on the deck than the last two years put together.

Of the new lads, three or four looked awful and two or three looked good - to be expected guess.

Looking forward to a new season with realism - I'm not sure how many fewer points this team will accumulate for half the money than the season before last, for example. Still at least three good players short of a play off contending team at least.

branksome82

Post by branksome82 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:53 pm

our #6 in midfield was Gary Smith I am lead to believe, played fairly well Thursday night and again today.

Right back position Thursday and today were useless to say the least.

Can't really comment on attacking prowess because we haven't really done a vast amount to make real judgements.

Nice to see Todd actually leave his dugout today, unlike Thursday when he obviously didnt want to get wet!!

Would have like to see some direction / encouragement from the sideline in both games.... God knows the lads fielded need it

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:26 pm

That's something I've noticed, is Todd going to actually get up and shout any instructions as I don't think he's been 3 metres off the bench yet has he
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:46 pm

quakersam wrote:That's something I've noticed, is Todd going to actually get up and shout any instructions as I don't think he's been 3 metres off the bench yet has he
No need.

The players are all wearing in-ear wi-fi devices and getting their instructions from Darlo Dog in the control room.

It's a similar system that is used to restock the empty bar pumps and pie counters.

I was walking the dog past the Arena and was introduced to a cockney called Del Boy?