It was Grimsby fans that grassed us to the conference!!

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Quakerz
Team Supported: Darlington

It was Grimsby fans that grassed us to the conference!!

Post by Quakerz » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:12 pm

http://www.thefishy.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum ... 20142/s-0/

Thanks Grimsby.

I won't forget this.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

divas

Re: It was Grimsby fans that grassed us to the conference!!

Post by divas » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:16 pm

I fuckin hope we beat them at homel, i really do.

I also hope Fenty walks at some point and they all realise that without a man putting hundreds of thousands of pounds in every season they'll be fucked, just like us.

If they were ran sustainably they'd have a point, but they would be in exactly the same position as us.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:17 pm

What a nasty, creepy bunch of little faggots!

richo.1uk
Team Supported: Hartlepool

Post by richo.1uk » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:20 pm

its bad craic that like and sad

cwisstoffhur

Post by cwisstoffhur » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:21 pm

What a first class pack of bastards some of their fans really are. I hope we wallop them in april and ruin their playoff push.
It's Clobberin' Time

DarlingtonDave

Post by DarlingtonDave » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:23 pm

Well I hope the sneaky gits don't make the play offs as they seem to think.

In all honesty it is their home form that has got them where they are and they are next to sh*t away.

Lincolnshire_Quaker

Post by Lincolnshire_Quaker » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:30 pm

Like any forum, there's going to be a proportion of 'knockers' and 'spoilsports' and it only takes one of them to kick things off. Looks to me as if they've contacted the Conference and received a stock reply (after over a week) ... much like the line that the club itself originally received regarding the use of loan signings etc. Read the whole thread and some Grimsby fans look to be a trifle on the more sensible side and putting this kind of thing down.

Still .... if you want me to nip up the road to Grimsby from Mablethorpe to put things straight, just ask! Or we could even get our man on the spot, AndyPark, to get his Mariner missus to sort it ;)
If I were a stick of rock, no prizes for what would be written all the way through .....

MKDarlo

Post by MKDarlo » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:35 pm

God i really hope we beat them now! What a bunch of spiteful little shits. Lets see what happens when Fenty walks away. Dont come asking us for any help.

This will not be forgoten, nor will it be forgiven.

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:36 pm

Andy Park is -

Charles Bronson!!!!! :o
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

walshys_wingman_11

Post by walshys_wingman_11 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:40 pm

so, it is fair for others to play a virtual youth team at the moment ? They think we shouldnt be allowed to get premiership team's players but I would say they are our local teams. They should remember having such premiership teams in our locality normally means we lose out to these clubs when trying to attract those players at a young age. Pros and cons of being a North East smaller pro club. I hope we get the chance to beat them and it means a team like York gets promoted.
Last edited by walshys_wingman_11 on Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:41 pm

The only thing Grimsby have over us is that their chairman hasnt walked away from his responsibilites. They probably owe a damn sight more than we currently do. They need to take a reality check before being splitters!!

BishopQuaker

Post by BishopQuaker » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:46 pm

Wow...

Some people don't have chips on their shoulder, they have an entire bag of king edwards

BishopQuaker

Post by BishopQuaker » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:47 pm

Grimsby folk that is, not us before someone gets the wrong end of the stick

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:50 pm

They've shot right down to the level of MK Dons in my estimations with that. Fuck them.

fat tony

Post by fat tony » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:51 pm

This is absolutely shameful.

I can't even understand what they are crying about? That North East clubs recognised we were struggling to put out a side that didn't include a raft of youth team kids so offered to loan us players to help out? So what? We regularly take loan players from these clubs to give them first team experience, and we've had lads from Newcastle and Middlesbrough already this season. It wasn't like they wanted to give us a massive unfair advantage out of sympathy. Who did they think they were sending? - Demba Ba!?

We don't even play these fuckers from Grimsby for another 10 weeks anyway! What's it got to do with them?

"I was incensed that Darlington were trying to get four players in on loan"... Fuck off you spiteful, mean-spirited, cry baby wanker.

isitouryear

Post by isitouryear » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:53 pm

what they are failing to realise is that it is only players not under contract so basically unattached players that we are possibly going to sign. Wright and Keltie have terminated their contracts and effectively while in admin will only be playing for a match fee. The Boyd loan is still up in the air but we wouldnt be paying his wages.Its not an if, but when Grimsby are in trouble, i wont as much as urinate in their collection buckets.

njb

Post by njb » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:53 pm

This is absolutely incredible. What sort of fans are these. Just shows the difference between true non-league fans (e.g. Barrow) and so called 'big' clubs. Funny how they only started winning when they poached Miller, you would think that would keep them in their box.

MKDarlo

Post by MKDarlo » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Breedon wrote:They've shot right down to the level of MK Dons in my estimations with that. Fuck them.

I agree. In fact i thought it would be hard to sink that low but things have changed:

1) MK Dons fans here have been great. One guy, in a MK shirt, walked up to me in the street after seeing my Darlo coat and took a £10 out of his wallet and told me to stick it in a bucket, which i did this weekend!

2) All the MK fans i have met (and there are quite a few here :D ) have been really good, asking what was going on, asking for the bank account detials etc.

Much as it pains me to say this they have gone up in my estimation. I was even invited to a match. Grimbsy however....................

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:05 pm

Now you know why I don't like Grimsby or their fans.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:08 pm

You don't like them because you knew beforehand that one of their fans was going to try and cause trouble for us with the conference and that some other Grimsby fans would agree?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:08 pm

Spiteful shits.

We were practically forced to register the entire youth team just so we could get a team out on the pitch! Also, how would we be increasing our costs if the opposition clubs agreed to loan them to us for free i.e. no wages to pay.

I assume they'd say the same if we had 26 people that we registered off the street? Arseholes. Proper, proper arseholes.

andi_darlo

Post by andi_darlo » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:10 pm

I'm sure every team has fans that think the same as this clown, that we have got what we deserved !

however to go out of his way to contact the league because it wasnt fair, and then to have a club which also depends on a sugar daddy just shows what type of a person this guy really is.

I would never wish our situation upon any club its awfull and no club should suffer this same fait.

however individual fans, now if karma wants to step in and give this guy a kick in the nuts from me i'd very much appreciate it !

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:14 pm

If Grimsby were in trouble...I would donate to them - and i would still support them...What is Grimsby's average home gate, considerably more than the maximum 10 individuals that are posting on there!

You are always going to get a minority that are not part of the football fraternity - usually these are the ones that would be 'supporting' premier league teams with their sky subscriptions. Fair play to them for clearly following their local club, they clearly are not well educated in the fact that it is suddenly unfair to get free loans from the premier league when in reality anyone can do it if they have the contacts. From memory didn't Hereford basically get promoted one year with a very heavy contingent of loan players.

Conference clubs should be looking to use the loan system more productively in the future - end of the day premier league clubs are paying these super technically talented players to play in tip-tappy non-contact reserve & under 18s football and as David Moyes has recently said he would like to be able to pit them against men in a proper physical match so that the migration into the Premier League isn't as hard. The loan system if we can get it working properly benefits the smaller clubs as they get players as a free resource, benefits the premier league clubs as their players get some worthwhile experience, benefits the player on loan for the previous reason, and benefits England as a whole as we will have a breed of young players that can come through with some proper experience!

Maybe this is why Spain are so successful at the moment because of the Barcelona 'b' team etc. now I don't want to go to that system but because their young catalonians are being blooded at a decent standard of physical football (well as physical as spanish football gets) then when they graduate to the first team they are much better players for it.

Anyway the point of this post...don't judge the many because of the actions of the few. This is a minority of Grimsby supporters. We have seen pretty evidently that there are so many more out there supporting our plight - maybe focus on those ones. It's like parenting, children play up to get attention and by constantly telling them off you are giving them what they want...whereas you should 'ignore' that child and give attention to the one behaving well and the others will come around! Lets keep focusing on those supporting us, they're the ones that deserve the praise/attention!

The Love Slug

Post by The Love Slug » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:16 pm

That's it for me. Their time will come and I'll be a the front of the queue with a big fat " ha ha" Nelson Muntz style.

Spiteful c**** will pay for this

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:20 pm

lo36789 wrote:If Grimsby were in trouble...I would donate to them - and i would still support them...What is Grimsby's average home gate, considerably more than the maximum 10 individuals that are posting on there!

You are always going to get a minority that are not part of the football fraternity - usually these are the ones that would be 'supporting' premier league teams with their sky subscriptions. Fair play to them for clearly following their local club, they clearly are not well educated in the fact that it is suddenly unfair to get free loans from the premier league when in reality anyone can do it if they have the contacts. From memory didn't Hereford basically get promoted one year with a very heavy contingent of loan players.

Conference clubs should be looking to use the loan system more productively in the future - end of the day premier league clubs are paying these super technically talented players to play in tip-tappy non-contact reserve & under 18s football and as David Moyes has recently said he would like to be able to pit them against men in a proper physical match so that the migration into the Premier League isn't as hard. The loan system if we can get it working properly benefits the smaller clubs as they get players as a free resource, benefits the premier league clubs as their players get some worthwhile experience, benefits the player on loan for the previous reason, and benefits England as a whole as we will have a breed of young players that can come through with some proper experience!

Maybe this is why Spain are so successful at the moment because of the Barcelona 'b' team etc. now I don't want to go to that system but because their young catalonians are being blooded at a decent standard of physical football (well as physical as spanish football gets) then when they graduate to the first team they are much better players for it.

Anyway the point of this post...don't judge the many because of the actions of the few. This is a minority of Grimsby supporters. We have seen pretty evidently that there are so many more out there supporting our plight - maybe focus on those ones. It's like parenting, children play up to get attention and by constantly telling them off you are giving them what they want...whereas you should 'ignore' that child and give attention to the one behaving well and the others will come around! Lets keep focusing on those supporting us, they're the ones that deserve the praise/attention!
Can you please learn how to make a concise, to the point post please?

Not every subject on here requires you to present a rambling essay.

Ash_Quaker

Post by Ash_Quaker » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:23 pm

Jazz Maverick wrote:
lo36789 wrote:If Grimsby were in trouble...I would donate to them - and i would still support them...What is Grimsby's average home gate, considerably more than the maximum 10 individuals that are posting on there!

Can you please learn how to make a concise, to the point post please?

Not every subject on here requires you to present a rambling essay.
http://tiny.cc/u8irh

walshys_wingman_11

Post by walshys_wingman_11 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:24 pm

Saying that, if they ever had to go through what we are at the moment, I would still donate to their fund because those who whinged to the league will no doubt be a minority at the club. I would donate for the genuine fans and I doubt I will be alone in thinking that.

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:26 pm

When their time comes I won't be shoving a tenner in any buckets for them.

Spiteful, bitter c**ts.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:32 pm

I go on a tangent sometimes...simple point ok here goes.

If they sound spiteful, we sound just as bad suggesting we would laugh if they were to go into the same demise. So lets not go down that route? Sound fair? It is clearly a small minority of fans who have zero sympathy for us, not the whole club.

Vokuhila

Post by Vokuhila » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:38 pm

I'd be mortified right now if I was a Grimsby fan.

I wonder what our old friend Poojah makes of it all.