The Trust - Thanks!

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

nunthorpequaker
Team Supported: Darlington

The Trust - Thanks!

Post by nunthorpequaker » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:39 pm

Just want to put on record my thanks for the way the trust has stepped up to help at this tough time , i am heartened to see the the money i gave along with THOUSANDS of others it has been used to SAVE the club as intended when the trust was formed , i cant begin to imagine how i & the many loyal Darlo fans would feel tonight if that hadnt happened ! ( i for one would feel pretty deflated & empty if you had not stepped in with the trust funds to ensure football is kept alive in Darlo !)

This club has proudly been around for the last 128 years & people like Craig Liddle has fought for this club like a lion yet you the trust has fought like a mouse , you are an utter discrace to let this proud club die ,i & the majority of the donations were to keep the club alive NOT start again 6 levels down , do you realy expect we would waltz back up again ?

Spineless utterly spineless

PierremontQuaker03

Re: The Trust - Thanks!

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:40 pm

D-Day Wednesday
Trust Meeting Thursday.............do they know something we dont?
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

MikeinBlack

Post by MikeinBlack » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:43 pm

They know they have had absolutely no intentions of saving DFC, only on starting a new club.
COME ON DARLO!

carver30

Post by carver30 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:44 pm

MikeinBlack wrote:They know they have had absolutely no intentions of saving DFC, only on starting a new club.
I very much doubt it they are totally inept, i want my £400 back.

ketton avenue

Post by ketton avenue » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:44 pm

In their statement they make it clear that the money is intended to be used for a new community based club.... I wonder who sees themselves sat on the board of the new club? :crazy:

Bang out of order. That money was raised for THIS club, not another one.

Disgraceful.

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:53 pm

As far as the "trust" is concerned, a revolution is in the offing me thinks, but the first thing to go should be that disgraceful logo/name .... The word "trust" can and should never be used again with regard to a football group associated with Darlo and any revival or phoenix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

jonboy

Post by jonboy » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:55 pm

totally agree...... as usual the trust do what they want without any involvement of anyone else. Well it looks like they may have their wish this time, watching as DFC is dismantled then using our money to start a new club which they control but I will not support. Obvious from their statement today that they weren't willing to work with any other attempts to rescue what we have unlesss they have the final say
TOSSERS!!! I would like my money back as it was taken under false pretences I have two newspaper clippings here from the collection days in which the trust state "The monies collected will be used in the short term to ensure the clubs survival" The second states "monies raised will be held to ensure the club does not face this situation again in the future" not to ensure ongoing football in the area note how no-one from the trust has the bottle to argue back. :thumbdown:
Last edited by jonboy on Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ambiente

Post by ambiente » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:56 pm

Not a lot to add to what has been said above. I for one won't be following a phoenix club.

shawry

Post by shawry » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:50 pm

While I understand people's thoughts (just need to read some of my other posts I guess) i feel that the trust can play an important part in the ongoing future of dfc/1883.

Coopting the new board members is the first step, then getting other members voted on, with the calibre of people being linked it does look like the trust can become the force it always should of been.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Quakerian

Post by Quakerian » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:57 pm

Tragedy - they were more interested in agendas and formal invites than actually doing something. ACTIONS speak louder than words!!! Disgraceful.
Quakerian

wellindarlo

Post by wellindarlo » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:59 pm

"our football clubs are for life not just for business" - perhaps the trust's view is not to support a new wealthy businessman/woman owner that may have some ulterior motives but a community based club. Not sure I subscribe to that if you can find the right backing who has the club at heart, I also believe the town deserves to have an established club in the league we deserve to be in i.e. L1/2. However, I respect the Trusts view.

MikeinBlack

Post by MikeinBlack » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:00 pm

So if DFC is saved and carries on, what happens to the £50k the trust hold for football in Darlington?
COME ON DARLO!

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:04 pm

wellindarlo wrote:"our football clubs are for life not just for business" - perhaps the trust's view is not to support a new wealthy businessman/woman owner that may have some ulterior motives but a community based club. Not sure I subscribe to that if you can find the right backing who has the club at heart, I also believe the town deserves to have an established club in the league we deserve to be in i.e. L1/2. However, I respect the Trusts view.
The words "respect" and "Trust" don't compliment each other in context with Darlington and it's football club

1Superlidds

Post by 1Superlidds » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:05 pm

ketton avenue wrote:In their statement they make it clear that the money is intended to be used for a new community based club
no they don't, yes they want Darlington Football Club to be a community club but that does not mean they want the current club to die.

How exactly would the £50k guarantee the LONG TERM footballing future for DFC? If we get a new owner on wednesday then that £50k needs to be built on so they can look at either securing supporter involvement with the next owner or they are ready with sufficient funds to stand in and take the club over the next time something goes wrong. That is what the Trust got wrong with the current pot, with continuous growth it really could have been a significant sum that may have allowed the Trust to come in with partners and take over the club ownership.
click on Facebook PIMM Productions for the latest on Darlo Till I Die

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:10 pm

:clap: .... Well said you. But we are all partly to blame for not realising this sooner. I mean, £50K was raised very swiftly about 9 years ago. It's still £50K today, whereas when you look at what proactive supporters have done in a few weeks ..... Ok this wouldn't and couldn't be sustained over many years but proactive support can be and no doubt will be from now on .... financially and otherwise!

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:16 pm

Can any of the big mouth know Nowts in this thread specify how the trust was ever going to save the club with 50k to their name?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:19 pm

MikeinBlack wrote:So if DFC is saved and carries on, what happens to the £50k the trust hold for football in Darlington?
It can go towards the 250k refundable bond that the BSP will ask for in order for any takeover to be ratified.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

MikeinBlack

Post by MikeinBlack » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:21 pm

Quakerz wrote:
MikeinBlack wrote:So if DFC is saved and carries on, what happens to the £50k the trust hold for football in Darlington?
It can go towards the 250k refundable bond that the BSP will ask for in order for any takeover to be ratified.
Even more money needed upfront then lol. Never easy at Darlo.
COME ON DARLO!

ted_do

Post by ted_do » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:32 pm

We cant blame the Trust as its only an entity, we the hardcore fans are the ones to blame for letting the trust slip into its present condition. Its to late now but once the revolution is complete its time to move the trust on, I just hope bold level headed people take over as its easy to hide behind rules. DFC will need someone with balls (and a thick skin)prepared to stand up and be counted if its going to be revived.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:39 pm

ted_do wrote:We cant blame the Trust as its only an entity, we the hardcore fans are the ones to blame for letting the trust slip into its present condition. Its to late now but once the revolution is complete its time to move the trust on, I just hope bold level headed people take over as its easy to hide behind rules. DFC will need someone with balls (and a thick skin)prepared to stand up and be counted if its going to be revived.
I like this post.

1Superlidds

Post by 1Superlidds » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:52 pm

ted_do wrote:We cant blame the Trust as its only an entity, we the hardcore fans are the ones to blame for letting the trust slip into its present condition. Its to late now but once the revolution is complete its time to move the trust on, I just hope bold level headed people take over as its easy to hide behind rules. DFC will need someone with balls (and a thick skin)prepared to stand up and be counted if its going to be revived.

its easier to blame one individual than accept any blame on your own shoulders tho Ted :shh:

ted_do

Post by ted_do » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:09 pm

1Superlidds wrote:

its easier to blame one individual than accept any blame on your own shoulders tho Ted :shh:
Not quite sure of your point there, maybe its in general :think: . But as I say who ever is the face of the trust will either need to have a thick skin to rise about the criticism but still make brave decisions. This will be a pre requisite if Darlington (A) FC are to be ran by the trust, we cant have melt downs from the board or chairman when the heat gets turned up.

1Superlidds

Post by 1Superlidds » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:14 pm

I agree ted I just mean some of the anal drivel in this thread! Your right tho it will be a role where decisions are made for the good of theclub that supporters won't agree with

MKDarlo

Post by MKDarlo » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:21 pm

Well said - but didnt you know the trust are evil and to blame for everything :crazy:

ted_do

Post by ted_do » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:24 pm

We will need a strong unified trust board right from the start or we will waste another six months arguing amongst ourselves. Whats happened in the past has gone but we can learn from it and use this to make the Trust fit for purpose.

shawry

Post by shawry » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:26 pm

1Superlidds wrote:I agree ted I just mean some of the anal drivel in this thread! Your right tho it will be a role where decisions are made for the good of theclub that supporters won't agree with
The thing is, as long as there is a public face to the trust, for the most part people will accept decisions made that they don't agree with

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

MKDarlo

Post by MKDarlo » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:28 pm

ted_do wrote:We will need a strong unified trust board right from the start or we will waste another six months arguing amongst ourselves. Whats happened in the past has gone but we can learn from it and use this to make the Trust fit for purpose.
exactly :thumbup:

darlotoon

Post by darlotoon » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:31 pm

those in positions of power right now will have to be prepared for changes , to have a membership that will want questions answered , that will want to be involved , I hope they are ready for the new regime

ted_do

Post by ted_do » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:38 pm

I dont blame the people in power at the moment as no one has been interested in the trust for years and they have just fallen into positions. They do deserve credit for being good custodians of the trust and have protected the war chest, they just melted when we needed them most, as I say not their fault as it would be difficult for any man on the street to tame this whirlwind.

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:49 pm

DC and I deserve a few apologies on here as we tried to alert you to these problems months ago. Some of you chose to shoot us down. Others are now beginning to see what was really going on.

I take no pleasure in this.