Should the trust hand over the 50k?

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Yes
58%
No
25%
Not Sure
17%

Total votes: 106

Big Tim
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by Big Tim » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:23 pm

A tough 1

Bizza
Team Supported: Darlo, Newcastle United

Re: Should the trust hand over the 50k?

Post by Bizza » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:31 pm

Don't think they will, can't see them handing over their only bargaining chip.
"The Darlo fans away to our left go ballistic!"

polam lane

Post by polam lane » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:33 pm

You rarely expect a return from a funeral.

Quakerian

Post by Quakerian » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:34 pm

Dont want a new club. I want this one.

Yes .
Quakerian

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:37 pm

I voted yes but I would expect that those involved, meaning all parties, know exactly what they are doing and agree about what the outcome should be.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:40 pm

Bizza wrote:Don't think they will, can't see them handing over their only bargaining chip.
They have no bargaining chip. They are already part of the new ownership should we stay open long enough and a deal be done, and do not need to bargain for that.

Their only point to mull over is risk. Do they risk it backfiring and they have no 50k to start a phoenix club? My answer to that is that hey, if we go bang we can soon enough raise another 50k. Come on we've proven how we can fund raise in the last few days...

Do the trust really want this club to continue though? Or is their heart set on being the hub of a new club.

I now believe that IF the proposals of a new community stadium come to fruition, then this club is still worth saving.

Just how do we make it sustainable for the few years between now and then?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:41 pm

My heart says yes, but I voted not sure, because I'm not!

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

1Superlidds

Post by 1Superlidds » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:46 pm

heart says yes head says not sure :-/

I would be happier seeing the finer detail than just the rough basics. In theory its an excellent opportunity buying us time to find a new owner but...if this deal screws up we lose our start up funds and do we trust the council enough to protect us?
click on Facebook PIMM Productions for the latest on Darlo Till I Die

lancaster dfc

Post by lancaster dfc » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:53 pm

are any of the trust also members of darlington cricket club as they are afraid to let them progress aswell ;)

i want to continue supporting THIS club not a new one

RAF exile

Post by RAF exile » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:58 pm

Too bloody right they should.... I never gave my hard earned money over to sit in a bank for 8 years! I was lived when i found out they had conned me recently! I gave that money to save DFC no other reason!

They should hand it over like they said they would!!!

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:02 pm

Strange how all that money is wrapped up with them. Perhaps the real fans should vote. A proper vote.

Not quite sure how you define a real fan but I'm sure there could be numerous ways.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

mobi

Post by mobi » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:03 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:Strange how all that money is wrapped up with them. Perhaps the real fans should vote. A proper vote.

Not quite sure how you define a real fan but I'm sure there could be numerous ways.
The Trust members vote on what to do with the money. Are you a member?

d5rlo

Post by d5rlo » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:07 pm

Yes. When I donated to the collection, it was to help save Darlington Football Club, not for the formation of some other club.

If the worst comes to the worst, they can do some more fundraising and will, I'm sure, raise another £50,000 to help start a phoenix club.

If there is a chance that this £50k can be used to keep the club going - and potentially have a brighter future in a new, smaller stadium with the council onside - it must be used to do exactly that.

MKDarlo

Post by MKDarlo » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:15 pm

we need MUCH more information before beng able to make a call

ambiente

Post by ambiente » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:17 pm

Agree absolutely, I too donated to save this club and this money should be used for this purpose.

mobi

Post by mobi » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:18 pm

ambiente wrote:Agree absolutely, I too donated to save this club and this money should be used for this purpose.
What if investing the money wouldn't save the club?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:19 pm

MKDarlo wrote:we need MUCH more information before beng able to make a call
Agree with this.

We haven't even heard the Trust's take on this yet, do we even know if they were party to these discussions?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:20 pm

mobi wrote:
ambiente wrote:Agree absolutely, I too donated to save this club and this money should be used for this purpose.
Then the club dies.

mobi

Post by mobi » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:22 pm

Quakerz wrote:
mobi wrote:
Then the club dies.
So, if liquidation is inevitable we still invest the £50,000?

ambiente

Post by ambiente » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:27 pm

This is an opportunity that needs to be explored and if its viable, and no one knows unless they have tried, the money raised to save DFC should be spent attempting to do so. No one can say that a phoenix club would be sustainable either, so the arguments would continue to the extent that this money would never be spent on anything.

anus

Post by anus » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:28 pm

d5rlo wrote:Yes. When I donated to the collection, it was to help save Darlington Football Club, not for the formation of some other club.

If the worst comes to the worst, they can do some more fundraising and will, I'm sure, raise another £50,000 to help start a phoenix club.

If there is a chance that this £50k can be used to keep the club going - and potentially have a brighter future in a new, smaller stadium with the council onside - it must be used to do exactly that.
I'm in total agreement with this. We need to do all we can to save the club in its current format and if we dilly dally on a decision the club goes pop, simple as. Most fans (myself included) contributed towards the £50k to save the current club, not start a new one. One thing you can't buy is time and if a new club starts afresh from the ashes it may set us back at least 6 years. At the end of the day S & S just want their investment back, the council won't want a rotting white elephant on the outskirts of town and the existing club simply needs a smaller stadium, be community run within budget (with ongoing fundraising) and remain as it is for now only one league below the football league, not 7. This solution is the only one IMO that gives us any chance and everyone may potentially be a winner. It's a bit of a gamble naturally, but in this day and age £50k isn't a great deal of money in the grand scheme of things so it will likely be a gamble worth taking. IMO I think this could well work out.
Fingers crossed it all works out.
Last edited by anus on Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:29 pm

mobi wrote:
Quakerz wrote:
mobi wrote:
Then the club dies.
So, if liquidation is inevitable we still invest the £50,000?
There is now a carrot dangled - a sustainable community stadium.

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:09 pm

anus wrote:
d5rlo wrote:Yes. When I donated to the collection, it was to help save Darlington Football Club, not for the formation of some other club.

I'm in total agreement with this. We need to do all we can to save the club in its current format and if we dilly dally on a decision the club goes pop, simple as. Most fans (myself included) contributed towards the £50k to save the current club, not start a new one. One thing you can't buy is time and if a new club starts afresh from the ashes it may set us back at least 6 years. At the end of the day S & S just want their investment back, the council won't want a rotting white elephant on the outskirts of town and the existing club simply needs a smaller stadium, be community run within budget (with ongoing fundraising) and remain as it is for now only one league below the football league, not 7. This solution is the only one IMO that gives us any chance and everyone may potentially be a winner. It's a bit of a gamble naturally, but in this day and age £50k isn't a great deal of money in the grand scheme of things so it will likely be a gamble worth taking. IMO I think this could well work out.
Fingers crossed it all works out.
Agree wholeheartedly.

Mick

Post by Mick » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:20 pm

50K is fuck all in the big picture. Some people on here think otherwise and that it is the biggest amount of money in the world that will save us; it won't. The Trust need to be left alone to get on with their business (and yes I've contributed to the total over the years). I'm sick to death of hearing about the 50K and all the bad mouthing of the Trust.

RenoRaines

Post by RenoRaines » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:36 pm

100% No. Mindless.
Reno Raines

Mick

Post by Mick » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:39 pm

RenoRaines wrote:100% No. Mindless.
Good man. I clicked yes like a dick so the figure is skewed!

A BIG NO from me!

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:58 pm

Not enough information and given the time constraints there probably still won't be enough info by the deadline to hand over the cash, then it becomes an outright gamble.

Darlo_H

Post by Darlo_H » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:50 am

Too much of a gamble at the moment.

People seem to be convinced that we could easily raise another 50K if we should lose this. Given the change in financial scope and attitudes, as well as a lessened fan base since the last time we raised this amount I have doubts as to whether we could.

On a personal note, I also wouldn't trust S and S as far as I could throw them.
Jazz Maverick wrote:If I win the 50/50 draw I'm going to use the money to pay a tramp to throw dog s*** at you.

1Superlidds

Post by 1Superlidds » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:03 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:Strange how all that money is wrapped up with them. Perhaps the real fans should vote. A proper vote.

ask DC? :roll:
click on Facebook PIMM Productions for the latest on Darlo Till I Die

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:30 pm

one hundred % yes, this money was after all given to save THIS club ,
i would like to know the position of where if this club dies ,and a new one formed with monies give to save THIS club, legally where do the trust administrators stand ,as it seems THIS club could be saved with the help of the previous monies raised [TO SAVE THIS CLUB].I would not put another penney into this trust, But i would raise as much as i could if this trust money was used now and we still had to find money for a new venture foootball club .i believe to much was taken for granted by the people who decided to put the monies into trust ,that the monies were not intended to be saved for a new club ,but were intended for the use of saving darlington f.c . thats my belief and always has been, maybe i'm right maybe i'm wrong, thats how i see it.