You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:00 am View unanswered posts | View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:57 pm
Posts: 1480
Team Supported: Darlington
loan_star wrote:
No I wont apologise. You make it clear in the way you post that you would rather the slim chance we have of saving DFC in its current guise should be thrown away because you think the £50k should go towards another club. If that isnt being hell bent on seeing the current club die then I dont know what is!! Plenty would say its you who is the c*** and prick for thinking that way.


You haven't got a fucking clue what you are talking about. I have no wish to see this club die, I am simply being realistic. If being realistic makes me a c*** then so be it. A few more people could do with entering the real world on here.

You care no more about this club than I do, you are just good at telling other people how to spend their money.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:10 pm
Posts: 1207
Team Supported: Darlington
loan_star wrote:
No I wont apologise. You make it clear in the way you post that you would rather the slim chance we have of saving DFC in its current guise should be thrown away because you think the £50k should go towards another club. If that isnt being hell bent on seeing the current club die then I dont know what is!! Plenty would say its you who is the c*** and prick for thinking that way.


Will you lot please stop the childish name calling?

There is a glimmer of light here - and still people can't stop behaving like children in a playground.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Posts: 5641
Team Supported: Darlington
darlo2001uk wrote:
loan_star wrote:
No I wont apologise. You make it clear in the way you post that you would rather the slim chance we have of saving DFC in its current guise should be thrown away because you think the £50k should go towards another club. If that isnt being hell bent on seeing the current club die then I dont know what is!! Plenty would say its you who is the c*** and prick for thinking that way.


Will you lot please stop the childish name calling?

There is a glimmer of light here - and still people can't stop behaving like children in a playground.


Suggest you say that to Mobi who went off it to start with!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:57 pm
Posts: 1480
Team Supported: Darlington
loan_star wrote:
darlo2001uk wrote:
loan_star wrote:
No I wont apologise. You make it clear in the way you post that you would rather the slim chance we have of saving DFC in its current guise should be thrown away because you think the £50k should go towards another club. If that isnt being hell bent on seeing the current club die then I dont know what is!! Plenty would say its you who is the c*** and prick for thinking that way.


Will you lot please stop the childish name calling?

There is a glimmer of light here - and still people can't stop behaving like children in a playground.


Suggest you say that to Mobi who went off it to start with!


Nerr, nerr, he started it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:44 pm
Posts: 690
Team Supported: Darlington
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:31 am
Posts: 629
Team Supported: Darlington
carver30 wrote:
Why on earth would DBC now relax the covenants its the fact they have not budged for 18 months thats surely stopped Raj offering S&S. If they do its just sheer hypocrisy.


Because it was Raj trying to talk to the Council and the Council would not discuss it with him as they will only talk to the land owner - Scott and Sizer. I would hazard a guess S&S never tried to make contact with DBC and they have just let the situation evolve before their eyes. Everything is falling into place for them now and it is time for them to talk to the Council, which to be fair to the Council they have always said they would do with the land owners.

Raj must be spitting feathers .....


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Posts: 5641
Team Supported: Darlington
mobi wrote:
You haven't got a fucking clue what you are talking about. I have no wish to see this club die, I am simply being realistic. If being realistic makes me a c*** then so be it. A few more people could do with entering the real world on here.

You care no more about this club than I do, you are just good at telling other people how to spend their money.


I have more than good idea of what I am talking about thankyou. As for telling other people how to spend their money, do you not think that I may have made just a slight contribution to that money in the first place? I was also a trust member until they didnt send me a renewal form.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:11 pm
Posts: 2096
Team Supported: Darlington
Passions are running high, understandably. We all need more detail on the proposal, the sort we might never get, before knowing what's right.

I'm a bit biased, I said at the start of the week that i thought something like this was a realistic option and i wondered why it hadn't been offered. I still think it's a better than could ever be expected outcome. The Trust, one assumes will be consulting closely with the DFCRG, who we know have been involved with some or all of the talks ongoing.

I understand the suspicion, I really do. But if you start off by thinking about what's best for all the stakeholders involved i think you can conclude that this opportunity really could work.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:32 am
Posts: 144
Team Supported: Darlington
AnthonyP wrote:
carver30 wrote:
Why on earth would DBC now relax the covenants its the fact they have not budged for 18 months thats surely stopped Raj offering S&S. If they do its just sheer hypocrisy.


Because it was Raj trying to talk to the Council and the Council would not discuss it with him as they will only talk to the land owner - Scott and Sizer. I would hazard a guess S&S never tried to make contact with DBC and they have just let the situation evolve before their eyes. Everything is falling into place for them now and it is time for them to talk to the Council, which to be fair to the Council they have always said they would do with the land owners.

Raj must be spitting feathers .....


Raj was perfectly willing to buy S&S out but unfortunately the council would not play ball. Without being able to develop the land (to provide revenue) then the club was never going to be viable, and never will be.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:04 pm
Posts: 1300
Team Supported: Darlington
I agree with Loanstar and I also think there are far to many people giving up on Darlofc, some are even relishing playing in the Northern league, let me till you it will be no fun getting beat by Crook Town on a wet Tuesday night because every tin pot team will raise their game against big time Charlie AFC Darlo.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Posts: 3303
Team Supported: Darlington
Don't get carried away Mr Q.

These are Raj's figures. And anyway most people don't need heating etc in the summer months/close of season.

It's a moot point but these figures can be looked at.

I don't think the cost of gas is going to be a deal breaker here. Do You ??

_________________
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:08 pm
Posts: 9
Team Supported: Darlington
I would urge the trust to use the money towards saving the existing club.
I cant see £50k going anywhere near to starting a club. It cost us £3,000 to start & run a Teesside Junior Football boys club with only one Under 16 team. This included insurance, registrations - Durham FA & TJFA, home & away kits, balls, training equipment, corner flags, water bottles, trackies, bibs, charter standard, coaching badges, first aid training, safeguarding children ( youth team ) and school pitch hire. The figure did not include travel to away games which parents would do. If you pro-rata this up for a semi-professional club at a stadium with a bus / meal to away games and gas / electric bills its a non-starter.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Posts: 2097
Team Supported: Darlington
I would say that if the £50,000 would help to guarantee a secure future for this football club then it would be right and proper to use it. But not if it is just chucked at a suggestion from two businessmen with a vested interested and a proposal that's riddled with holes and ifs, buts and maybes.


Last edited by LoidLucan on Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:04 pm
Posts: 1300
Team Supported: Darlington
A66 wrote:
I would urge the trust to use the money towards saving the existing club.
I cant see £50k going anywhere near to starting a club. It cost us £3,000 to start & run a Teesside Junior Football boys club with only one Under 16 team. This included insurance, registrations - Durham FA & TJFA, home & away kits, balls, training equipment, corner flags, water bottles, trackies, bibs, charter standard, coaching badges, first aid training, safeguarding children ( youth team ) and school pitch hire. The figure did not include travel to away games which parents would do. If you pro-rata this up for a semi-professional club at a stadium with a bus / meal to away games and gas / electric bills its a non-starter.


Thanks for the advice but the difference is a team playing as Darlington (A) FC will alaways get about 1000 + £ paying fans. The 50K would only be a start.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:11 pm
Posts: 2096
Team Supported: Darlington
It would be interesting if the DFCRG, who have not intended to put capital in so far, stuck the £50k in. Quite within their means I'm sure, even through one of their businesses in some fashion. That would cut the Trust out of the picture completely wouldn't it? They'd potentially lose the seat at the table that they've been striving for all these years.

They could then go off and set up a Northern League club though I suppose.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:14 pm
Posts: 1640
Team Supported: Darlington
what people are forgetting it would take at least TWO MONTHS for the trust to hand the 50k over - firstly, theyd have to call an EGM of its members, then send out letters informing them of their choices, give them time to complete the ballot paper, then have the meeting for any member that wishes to vote in person, its not simply writing out the cheque, guidelines/rules have to be followed - if these arent followed then the board members could be sued, with all this in mind it isnt gonna happen in the short term, that i know for sure, all the processes have to be strictly followed


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:13 pm
Posts: 679
Team Supported: Darlington
we aren't forgetting most of us don't know as we haven't been engaged with by the Trust , I never had feelings one way or the other to the Trust until this last week , but disappointment is the word that springs to mind


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Posts: 5641
Team Supported: Darlington
hodgie1 wrote:
what people are forgetting it would take at least TWO MONTHS for the trust to hand the 50k over - firstly, theyd have to call an EGM of its members, then send out letters informing them of their choices, give them time to complete the ballot paper, then have the meeting for any member that wishes to vote in person, its not simply writing out the cheque, guidelines/rules have to be followed - if these arent followed then the board members could be sued, with all this in mind it isnt gonna happen in the short term, that i know for sure, all the processes have to be strictly followed


To be honest, they should have asked the members if they wished the £50k to be used to save the current club back in november when players stopped getting paid. This would have given them a head start.
Leaving it till now, when theres hardly any time left, is like padlocking the stable door after the horse has bolted.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:04 pm
Posts: 1300
Team Supported: Darlington
I will be furious if the trust hang on to MY money but If their past history is anything to go by then it looks like it its up to uncovered users to save the club, I would give £50 could we make 50 grand and get a shear and say in the future of DFC.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Posts: 3303
Team Supported: Darlington
Hodgie. Fuck me !!!!


2 months, get real.

Do you think Obama had to piss about consulting everyone when they located Bin Laden. If it's going to take 2 months then why,why, why do they hold OUR money.

Tell them to burn it!! In two months time!!

_________________
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:11 pm
Posts: 2096
Team Supported: Darlington
hodgie1 wrote:
what people are forgetting it would take at least TWO MONTHS for the trust to hand the 50k over - firstly, theyd have to call an EGM of its members, then send out letters informing them of their choices, give them time to complete the ballot paper, then have the meeting for any member that wishes to vote in person, its not simply writing out the cheque, guidelines/rules have to be followed - if these arent followed then the board members could be sued, with all this in mind it isnt gonna happen in the short term, that i know for sure, all the processes have to be strictly followed


Thank you for that hodgie, but I have to say, if this opportunity is as good as i think it may be, and it is missed because of the Trust's constitutional bureaucracy, then that would be abysmal. They'd have to try to expedite the proceedings.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:14 pm
Posts: 1640
Team Supported: Darlington
m62exile wrote:
It would be interesting if the DFCRG, who have not intended to put capital in so far, stuck the £50k in. Quite within their means I'm sure, even through one of their businesses in some fashion. That would cut the Trust out of the picture completely wouldn't it? They'd potentially lose the seat at the table that they've been striving for all these years.

They could then go off and set up a Northern League club though I suppose.


yep, excellent idea, have they offered any money of their own? if they have then well done if not, then it easy to try and run a football club using other people's money - if they havent got the cash then perhaps they should step aside rather than chase an impossible,dream, also is this group self appointed? are they speaking for the fans? are they still connected to the trust? a few months ago i was accused of staging the match at crook to boost my ego, which wasnt the case i sincerely this group isnt doing the same - these questions need answering.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:32 pm
Posts: 20912
Team Supported: Darlington
hodgie1 wrote:
what people are forgetting it would take at least TWO MONTHS for the trust to hand the 50k over - firstly, theyd have to call an EGM of its members, then send out letters informing them of their choices, give them time to complete the ballot paper, then have the meeting for any member that wishes to vote in person, its not simply writing out the cheque, guidelines/rules have to be followed - if these arent followed then the board members could be sued, with all this in mind it isnt gonna happen in the short term, that i know for sure, all the processes have to be strictly followed


OK, then it will take the Trust TWO MONTHS to make any important decision, and therefore they are a worthless and useless organisation. What fucking use is that?

How are they going to run a b****** football club if every decision takes two months?

_________________
Image

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Posts: 3303
Team Supported: Darlington
Paul, I don't wish to shoot the messenger but you can build a house in a week. Two months!!!

I'm really getting mad now.

_________________
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:14 pm
Posts: 1640
Team Supported: Darlington
m62exile wrote:
hodgie1 wrote:
what people are forgetting it would take at least TWO MONTHS for the trust to hand the 50k over - firstly, theyd have to call an EGM of its members, then send out letters informing them of their choices, give them time to complete the ballot paper, then have the meeting for any member that wishes to vote in person, its not simply writing out the cheque, guidelines/rules have to be followed - if these arent followed then the board members could be sued, with all this in mind it isnt gonna happen in the short term, that i know for sure, all the processes have to be strictly followed


Thank you for that hodgie, but I have to say, if this opportunity is as good as i think it may be, and it is missed because of the Trust's constitutional bureaucracy, then that would be abysmal. They'd have to try to expedite the proceedings.


it isnt their rules they are supporter direct rules, they are there to stop the mis-use of funds - i'm not saying this would be that, but the same procedures have to be followed


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:14 pm
Posts: 1640
Team Supported: Darlington
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Paul, I don't wish to shoot the messenger but you can build a house in a week. Two months!!!

I'm really getting mad now.


they arent my rules - i just know they exist being a former board member myself


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:55 pm
Posts: 3406
Team Supported: Darlington
hodgie1 wrote:
what people are forgetting it would take at least TWO MONTHS for the trust to hand the 50k over - firstly, theyd have to call an EGM of its members, then send out letters informing them of their choices, give them time to complete the ballot paper, then have the meeting for any member that wishes to vote in person, its not simply writing out the cheque, guidelines/rules have to be followed - if these arent followed then the board members could be sued, with all this in mind it isnt gonna happen in the short term, that i know for sure, all the processes have to be strictly followed


Are people forgetting that?

Or do they just know any of this stuff about the Trust's workings because they are never communicated? It's the first I've ever heard about two months.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:11 pm
Posts: 2096
Team Supported: Darlington
hodgie1 wrote:
m62exile wrote:
It would be interesting if the DFCRG, who have not intended to put capital in so far, stuck the £50k in. Quite within their means I'm sure, even through one of their businesses in some fashion. That would cut the Trust out of the picture completely wouldn't it? They'd potentially lose the seat at the table that they've been striving for all these years.

They could then go off and set up a Northern League club though I suppose.


yep, excellent idea, have they offered any money of their own? if they have then well done if not, then it easy to try and run a football club using other people's money - if they havent got the cash then perhaps they should step aside rather than chase an impossible,dream, also is this group self appointed? are they speaking for the fans? are they still connected to the trust? a few months ago i was accused of staging the match at crook to boost my ego, which wasnt the case i sincerely this group isnt doing the same - these questions need answering.


Wasn't a serious suggestion hodgie, just thrown in as an example of how the Trust could be getting the seat at the table they've always wanted and how they could end up missing it. I don't know any of the board members, but would love DFC to be part run by elected members of a supporter's trust, whoever they are. It's the stuff dreams are made of, and it could (dependent on the detail) be within their reach.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:26 pm
Posts: 4613
Team Supported: Darlington
Quakerz wrote:
hodgie1 wrote:
what people are forgetting it would take at least TWO MONTHS for the trust to hand the 50k over - firstly, theyd have to call an EGM of its members, then send out letters informing them of their choices, give them time to complete the ballot paper, then have the meeting for any member that wishes to vote in person, its not simply writing out the cheque, guidelines/rules have to be followed - if these arent followed then the board members could be sued, with all this in mind it isnt gonna happen in the short term, that i know for sure, all the processes have to be strictly followed


OK, then it will take the Trust TWO MONTHS to make any important decision, and therefore they are a worthless and useless organisation. What fucking use is that?

How are they going to run a b****** football club if every decision takes two months?


They want ousting and a new breed to take over and work closely with the club or the new club, viva la revolution !!! 8-)

_________________
.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:38 pm
Posts: 12393
Team Supported: Darlington
hodgie1 wrote:
m62exile wrote:
It would be interesting if the DFCRG, who have not intended to put capital in so far, stuck the £50k in. Quite within their means I'm sure, even through one of their businesses in some fashion. That would cut the Trust out of the picture completely wouldn't it? They'd potentially lose the seat at the table that they've been striving for all these years.

They could then go off and set up a Northern League club though I suppose.


yep, excellent idea, have they offered any money of their own? if they have then well done if not, then it easy to try and run a football club using other people's money - if they havent got the cash then perhaps they should step aside rather than chase an impossible,dream, also is this group self appointed? are they speaking for the fans? are they still connected to the trust? a few months ago i was accused of staging the match at crook to boost my ego, which wasnt the case i sincerely this group isnt doing the same - these questions need answering.


To be fair to the rescue group they have laid their cards on the table and have stated they set up to rescue the football club, not inevitably take it over. It could be that they don't even have a place on a new board but they felt it sufficient, with the apparent lack of proactiveness from elsewhere, to get together in order to get parties around the table and at least talking.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 21 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group