S&S make offer to club

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

mobi
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: S&S make offer to club

Post by mobi » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:08 pm

loan_star wrote:No I wont apologise. You make it clear in the way you post that you would rather the slim chance we have of saving DFC in its current guise should be thrown away because you think the £50k should go towards another club. If that isnt being hell bent on seeing the current club die then I dont know what is!! Plenty would say its you who is the c*** and prick for thinking that way.
You haven't got a fucking clue what you are talking about. I have no wish to see this club die, I am simply being realistic. If being realistic makes me a c*** then so be it. A few more people could do with entering the real world on here.

You care no more about this club than I do, you are just good at telling other people how to spend their money.

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:08 pm

loan_star wrote:No I wont apologise. You make it clear in the way you post that you would rather the slim chance we have of saving DFC in its current guise should be thrown away because you think the £50k should go towards another club. If that isnt being hell bent on seeing the current club die then I dont know what is!! Plenty would say its you who is the c*** and prick for thinking that way.
Will you lot please stop the childish name calling?

There is a glimmer of light here - and still people can't stop behaving like children in a playground.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:10 pm

darlo2001uk wrote:

There is a glimmer of light here - and still people can't stop behaving like children in a playground.
Suggest you say that to Mobi who went off it to start with!

mobi

Post by mobi » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:11 pm

loan_star wrote:
darlo2001uk wrote:

Suggest you say that to Mobi who went off it to start with!
Nerr, nerr, he started it.

Mick

Post by Mick » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:11 pm

AnthonyP

Post by AnthonyP » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:12 pm

carver30 wrote:Why on earth would DBC now relax the covenants its the fact they have not budged for 18 months thats surely stopped Raj offering S&S. If they do its just sheer hypocrisy.
Because it was Raj trying to talk to the Council and the Council would not discuss it with him as they will only talk to the land owner - Scott and Sizer. I would hazard a guess S&S never tried to make contact with DBC and they have just let the situation evolve before their eyes. Everything is falling into place for them now and it is time for them to talk to the Council, which to be fair to the Council they have always said they would do with the land owners.

Raj must be spitting feathers .....

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:13 pm

mobi wrote:You haven't got a fucking clue what you are talking about. I have no wish to see this club die, I am simply being realistic. If being realistic makes me a c*** then so be it. A few more people could do with entering the real world on here.

You care no more about this club than I do, you are just good at telling other people how to spend their money.
I have more than good idea of what I am talking about thankyou. As for telling other people how to spend their money, do you not think that I may have made just a slight contribution to that money in the first place? I was also a trust member until they didnt send me a renewal form.

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:16 pm

Passions are running high, understandably. We all need more detail on the proposal, the sort we might never get, before knowing what's right.

I'm a bit biased, I said at the start of the week that i thought something like this was a realistic option and i wondered why it hadn't been offered. I still think it's a better than could ever be expected outcome. The Trust, one assumes will be consulting closely with the DFCRG, who we know have been involved with some or all of the talks ongoing.

I understand the suspicion, I really do. But if you start off by thinking about what's best for all the stakeholders involved i think you can conclude that this opportunity really could work.

fairfieldquaker

Post by fairfieldquaker » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:19 pm

AnthonyP wrote:
carver30 wrote:Why on earth would DBC now relax the covenants its the fact they have not budged for 18 months thats surely stopped Raj offering S&S. If they do its just sheer hypocrisy.
Because it was Raj trying to talk to the Council and the Council would not discuss it with him as they will only talk to the land owner - Scott and Sizer. I would hazard a guess S&S never tried to make contact with DBC and they have just let the situation evolve before their eyes. Everything is falling into place for them now and it is time for them to talk to the Council, which to be fair to the Council they have always said they would do with the land owners.

Raj must be spitting feathers .....
Raj was perfectly willing to buy S&S out but unfortunately the council would not play ball. Without being able to develop the land (to provide revenue) then the club was never going to be viable, and never will be.

ted_do

Post by ted_do » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:19 pm

I agree with Loanstar and I also think there are far to many people giving up on Darlofc, some are even relishing playing in the Northern league, let me till you it will be no fun getting beat by Crook Town on a wet Tuesday night because every tin pot team will raise their game against big time Charlie AFC Darlo.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:21 pm

Don't get carried away Mr Q.

These are Raj's figures. And anyway most people don't need heating etc in the summer months/close of season.

It's a moot point but these figures can be looked at.

I don't think the cost of gas is going to be a deal breaker here. Do You ??
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

A66

Post by A66 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:23 pm

I would urge the trust to use the money towards saving the existing club.
I cant see £50k going anywhere near to starting a club. It cost us £3,000 to start & run a Teesside Junior Football boys club with only one Under 16 team. This included insurance, registrations - Durham FA & TJFA, home & away kits, balls, training equipment, corner flags, water bottles, trackies, bibs, charter standard, coaching badges, first aid training, safeguarding children ( youth team ) and school pitch hire. The figure did not include travel to away games which parents would do. If you pro-rata this up for a semi-professional club at a stadium with a bus / meal to away games and gas / electric bills its a non-starter.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:27 pm

I would say that if the £50,000 would help to guarantee a secure future for this football club then it would be right and proper to use it. But not if it is just chucked at a suggestion from two businessmen with a vested interested and a proposal that's riddled with holes and ifs, buts and maybes.
Last edited by LoidLucan on Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ted_do

Post by ted_do » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:28 pm

A66 wrote:I would urge the trust to use the money towards saving the existing club.
I cant see £50k going anywhere near to starting a club. It cost us £3,000 to start & run a Teesside Junior Football boys club with only one Under 16 team. This included insurance, registrations - Durham FA & TJFA, home & away kits, balls, training equipment, corner flags, water bottles, trackies, bibs, charter standard, coaching badges, first aid training, safeguarding children ( youth team ) and school pitch hire. The figure did not include travel to away games which parents would do. If you pro-rata this up for a semi-professional club at a stadium with a bus / meal to away games and gas / electric bills its a non-starter.
Thanks for the advice but the difference is a team playing as Darlington (A) FC will alaways get about 1000 + £ paying fans. The 50K would only be a start.

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:29 pm

It would be interesting if the DFCRG, who have not intended to put capital in so far, stuck the £50k in. Quite within their means I'm sure, even through one of their businesses in some fashion. That would cut the Trust out of the picture completely wouldn't it? They'd potentially lose the seat at the table that they've been striving for all these years.

They could then go off and set up a Northern League club though I suppose.

hodgie1

Post by hodgie1 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:31 pm

what people are forgetting it would take at least TWO MONTHS for the trust to hand the 50k over - firstly, theyd have to call an EGM of its members, then send out letters informing them of their choices, give them time to complete the ballot paper, then have the meeting for any member that wishes to vote in person, its not simply writing out the cheque, guidelines/rules have to be followed - if these arent followed then the board members could be sued, with all this in mind it isnt gonna happen in the short term, that i know for sure, all the processes have to be strictly followed

darlotoon

Post by darlotoon » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:33 pm

we aren't forgetting most of us don't know as we haven't been engaged with by the Trust , I never had feelings one way or the other to the Trust until this last week , but disappointment is the word that springs to mind

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:37 pm

hodgie1 wrote:what people are forgetting it would take at least TWO MONTHS for the trust to hand the 50k over - firstly, theyd have to call an EGM of its members, then send out letters informing them of their choices, give them time to complete the ballot paper, then have the meeting for any member that wishes to vote in person, its not simply writing out the cheque, guidelines/rules have to be followed - if these arent followed then the board members could be sued, with all this in mind it isnt gonna happen in the short term, that i know for sure, all the processes have to be strictly followed
To be honest, they should have asked the members if they wished the £50k to be used to save the current club back in november when players stopped getting paid. This would have given them a head start.
Leaving it till now, when theres hardly any time left, is like padlocking the stable door after the horse has bolted.

ted_do

Post by ted_do » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:40 pm

I will be furious if the trust hang on to MY money but If their past history is anything to go by then it looks like it its up to uncovered users to save the club, I would give £50 could we make 50 grand and get a shear and say in the future of DFC.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:43 pm

Hodgie. Fuck me !!!!

2 months, get real.

Do you think Obama had to piss about consulting everyone when they located Bin Laden. If it's going to take 2 months then why,why, why do they hold OUR money.

Tell them to burn it!! In two months time!!
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:44 pm

hodgie1 wrote:what people are forgetting it would take at least TWO MONTHS for the trust to hand the 50k over - firstly, theyd have to call an EGM of its members, then send out letters informing them of their choices, give them time to complete the ballot paper, then have the meeting for any member that wishes to vote in person, its not simply writing out the cheque, guidelines/rules have to be followed - if these arent followed then the board members could be sued, with all this in mind it isnt gonna happen in the short term, that i know for sure, all the processes have to be strictly followed
Thank you for that hodgie, but I have to say, if this opportunity is as good as i think it may be, and it is missed because of the Trust's constitutional bureaucracy, then that would be abysmal. They'd have to try to expedite the proceedings.

hodgie1

Post by hodgie1 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:45 pm

m62exile wrote:It would be interesting if the DFCRG, who have not intended to put capital in so far, stuck the £50k in. Quite within their means I'm sure, even through one of their businesses in some fashion. That would cut the Trust out of the picture completely wouldn't it? They'd potentially lose the seat at the table that they've been striving for all these years.

yep, excellent idea, have they offered any money of their own? if they have then well done if not, then it easy to try and run a football club using other people's money - if they havent got the cash then perhaps they should step aside rather than chase an impossible,dream, also is this group self appointed? are they speaking for the fans? are they still connected to the trust? a few months ago i was accused of staging the match at crook to boost my ego, which wasnt the case i sincerely this group isnt doing the same - these questions need answering.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:46 pm

OK, then it will take the Trust TWO MONTHS to make any important decision, and therefore they are a worthless and useless organisation. What fucking use is that?

How are they going to run a b****** football club if every decision takes two months?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:48 pm

Paul, I don't wish to shoot the messenger but you can build a house in a week. Two months!!!

I'm really getting mad now.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

hodgie1

Post by hodgie1 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:49 pm

m62exile wrote:
Thank you for that hodgie, but I have to say, if this opportunity is as good as i think it may be, and it is missed because of the Trust's constitutional bureaucracy, then that would be abysmal. They'd have to try to expedite the proceedings.
it isnt their rules they are supporter direct rules, they are there to stop the mis-use of funds - i'm not saying this would be that, but the same procedures have to be followed

hodgie1

Post by hodgie1 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:51 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:Paul, I don't wish to shoot the messenger but you can build a house in a week. Two months!!!

I'm really getting mad now.
they arent my rules - i just know they exist being a former board member myself

fat tony

Post by fat tony » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:51 pm

Are people forgetting that?

Or do they just know any of this stuff about the Trust's workings because they are never communicated? It's the first I've ever heard about two months.

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:51 pm

hodgie1 wrote:
m62exile wrote:It would be interesting if the DFCRG, who have not intended to put capital in so far, stuck the £50k in. Quite within their means I'm sure, even through one of their businesses in some fashion. That would cut the Trust out of the picture completely wouldn't it? They'd potentially lose the seat at the table that they've been striving for all these years.

yep, excellent idea, have they offered any money of their own? if they have then well done if not, then it easy to try and run a football club using other people's money - if they havent got the cash then perhaps they should step aside rather than chase an impossible,dream, also is this group self appointed? are they speaking for the fans? are they still connected to the trust? a few months ago i was accused of staging the match at crook to boost my ego, which wasnt the case i sincerely this group isnt doing the same - these questions need answering.
Wasn't a serious suggestion hodgie, just thrown in as an example of how the Trust could be getting the seat at the table they've always wanted and how they could end up missing it. I don't know any of the board members, but would love DFC to be part run by elected members of a supporter's trust, whoever they are. It's the stuff dreams are made of, and it could (dependent on the detail) be within their reach.

DL5

Post by DL5 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:52 pm

Quakerz wrote:
OK, then it will take the Trust TWO MONTHS to make any important decision, and therefore they are a worthless and useless organisation. What fucking use is that?

How are they going to run a b****** football club if every decision takes two months?
They want ousting and a new breed to take over and work closely with the club or the new club, viva la revolution !!! 8-)

divas

Post by divas » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:52 pm

hodgie1 wrote:

To be fair to the rescue group they have laid their cards on the table and have stated they set up to rescue the football club, not inevitably take it over. It could be that they don't even have a place on a new board but they felt it sufficient, with the apparent lack of proactiveness from elsewhere, to get together in order to get parties around the table and at least talking.