FAO darlo pete

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Jazz Maverick
Team Supported: Darlington

FAO darlo pete

Post by Jazz Maverick » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:16 pm

I've just sobered up enough to make a coherent post.

You said there'd be close to 1000 darlo fans there yesterday. I said you were talking s***.

Can't remember the announcement and haven't read on here, but I'm guessing there was bloody close to 1000 from what I saw. So as promised, I apologise for saying you were full of s*** when you were in fact correct.

In other news, what a fucking day.

mikkyx
Site Admin

FAO darlo pete

Post by mikkyx » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:19 pm

1,072 in the end which was bang on half the attendance and an incredible effort from all concerned.

Even at my most optimistic I would only have said 700-800 would make the trip. We made Darlo proud and the 2,000 there in total made football proud.
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

Darlo_Pete

Re: FAO darlo pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:28 pm

Thanks for that Jazz, it was just a guess on my part, but I thought it was realistic given the response on here over the few days leading up to the game. No hard feelings & cheers again.

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:31 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Thanks for that Jazz, it was just a guess on my part, but I thought it was realistic given the response on here over the few days leading up to the game. No hard feelings & cheers again.

You're on a good run of being right at the moment :thumbup:

What the future of Darlo hold?

Mullet69

Post by Mullet69 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:33 pm

mikkyx wrote:1,072 in the end which was bang on half the attendance and an incredible effort from all concerned.

Even at my most optimistic I would only have said 700-800 would make the trip. We made Darlo proud and the 2,000 there in total made football proud.
Unofficially we did have more though, as there were 3 of us who couldn't be arsed to queue so paid in the home end and got transferred through.

I know of at least another half dozen that did that too, but at the time we didn't realise that KO had been put back ten minutes.
Mullet69uk on Twitter

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:34 pm

I think there was actually more from Darlington than the official figure shows. As the queue got bigger and bigger outside the ground, the stewards opened a side gate and allowed in Darlo fans who had the correct amount of cash. Quite a few entered the ground this way and obviously they are not reflected in the turnstile entry figures as the cash was just handed to a gadgie in a green jacket!
Last edited by LoidLucan on Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:39 pm

Barrows Official Website now has us down as having 922 fans in the away end.

darlotoon

Post by darlotoon » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:40 pm

plus the 150 seats they gave us =1072 , possibly

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:44 pm

Just going off the following article...

http://www.barrowafc.com/news/?article= ... um=twitter

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:55 pm

I think there was a few more than 1072, which miraculously was half the crowd. Barrow probably didn't want to admit that the away following had outnumbered the home support.

Dave (Barra)
Team Supported: Barrow

Post by Dave (Barra) » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:00 pm

LoidLucan wrote:I think there was actually more from Darlington than the official figure shows. As the queue got bigger and bigger outside the ground, the stewards opened a side gate and allowed in Darlo fans who had the correct amount of cash. Quite a few entered the ground this way and obviously they are not reflected in the turnstile entry figures as the cash was just handed to a gadgie in a green jacket!
I was that gadgie - when the gate was opened I had a steward stood nearby making a note of how many people came in. I didn't keep checking that he was still around as I was too busy doing the maths of multiple entries but I think he was. Normally I just pay myself in so apologies to anyone if I seemed a bit rusty on the kids/concessions/carers rates. I know it wasn't the smoothest of operations but I volunteered to help out to get as many of you into the ground by kick off as possible.

Good luck for the future lads and lasses.

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:05 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:I think there was a few more than 1072, which miraculously was half the crowd. Barrow probably didn't want to admit that the away following had outnumbered the home support.
Hear, Hear.

polam lane

Post by polam lane » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:43 pm

mikkyx wrote:1,072 in the end which was bang on half the attendance and an incredible effort from all concerned.

There were 1072 paying supporters in the away end. I stood behind the other goal to save queuing and to get an alternative series of photographs of the match showing the away support from all angles of the ground ( I was free to wander round 75% of the ground) along with a few other Darlo supporters, possibly as many as 40-50. I would therefore say there was in excess 1100 away fans
Last edited by polam lane on Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:53 pm

We clearly outnumbered them probably nearer 1200/900 but it would be wrong and ungracious to embarrass such splendid hosts.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:55 pm

And what a fine job that gadgie did! I was able to get one of the last remaining programmes, plus hotdog, plus visit to the executive portakabin bogs all before kick-off. To be honest it seemed like everything everyone did at Barrow was geared towards helping us as much as possible. I can think of quite a few grounds where we would have been treated like cattle and subjected to taunts of "You're going bust in the morning". Such a refreshing change.