Ibrahimovic for Samuel Eto'o, Hleb and £30m

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Fanatic
Team Supported: Darlington

Ibrahimovic for Samuel Eto'o, Hleb and £30m

Post by Darlo_Fanatic » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:56 pm

Like WTF!

So not worth it, Ibrahimovic is terible imo :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:
DARLO FANATIC

Supporting DARLO might be a heartache but it's a heartache I chose to have.

DL5

Re: Ibrahimovic for Samuel Eto'o, Hleb and £30m

Post by DL5 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:04 pm

Darlo_Fanatic wrote:Like WTF!

So not worth it, Ibrahimovic is terible imo :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:
40 million Euros is more like 35 million quid. I'd stick with what I had if I was Barca. Ibra's a big stage bottler too :lol:

QuakerCL85

Post by QuakerCL85 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:22 pm

Eto'o is twice the player, Inter will be laughin tonight.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:51 pm

None of you have ever watched him play in Serie A, so how can you comment? He is the best player in the world in my opinion, and well worth the money.

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:22 am

DarloOnTheUp wrote:None of you have ever watched him play in Serie A, so how can you comment? He is the best player in the world in my opinion, and well worth the money.
Dont be so fucking stupid!

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:23 am

Breedon wrote:
DarloOnTheUp wrote:None of you have ever watched him play in Serie A, so how can you comment? He is the best player in the world in my opinion, and well worth the money.
Dont be so fucking stupid! Oh, and I do watch Serie A, he's s***.

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:26 am

Just to clarify, is this deal REALLY:

Barca get Ibrahimovic

Inter get Eto'o, Hleb and 35M?

jazzydfc

Post by jazzydfc » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:05 am

I don't want to typecast Italians but horses heads and offer's made that can't be refused
spring to mind.

ysj_quaker

Post by ysj_quaker » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:03 am

The world has officially gone mad :crazy: Happy days for Inter though!

jazzydfc

Post by jazzydfc » Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:19 am

It's not as bad as I first thought, Hleb is only going to Inter on a years loan, still it's brilliant negotiating by Inter :clap:

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:52 am

All I can think is that Inter have an insanely attractive busty blonde female negotiator in! They have basically offloaded an over rated player, decent but nothing special, for a world class striker, a handy midfielder and 30 odd million sheets! So basically when you think that Barca rejected 25million for Eto'o, and Hleb went to Barca for what, 17mill? they have effectively sold Ibrahimovic for something not far off the Ronaldo to Real Madrid price!

TeessideQuaker

Post by TeessideQuaker » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:15 pm

Breedon wrote:
Dont be so fucking stupid!
Agreed, Ibrahimovic isn't even in the top five in my opinion. Messi, Kaka, Ronaldo and Torres are all better players.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:36 pm

Breedon wrote:
Breedon wrote:
Dont be so fucking stupid! Oh, and I do watch Serie A, he's s***.
Well you clearly have never watched an Inter Milan game in Serie A, then, as if you had then you would agree with me. Top scorer with 25 goals in Serie A last season kind of proves you all wrong, to be fair! If anybody scored that many in the Premiership (Torres, Ronaldo etc.) then you would all be singing his praises.

Santino

Post by Santino » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:29 pm

I watch Serie A (and therefore Inter) pretty regularly and I wouldn't have him in my top 5. On his day he's amazing but he doesn't do it consistently enough to be considered as a truly world class player IMO.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:36 pm

Santino wrote:I watch Serie A (and therefore Inter) pretty regularly and I wouldn't have him in my top 5. On his day he's amazing but he doesn't do it consistently enough to be considered as a truly world class player IMO.
How many players play amazingly in every game though? None. Messi was non-existent against Chelsea, Ronaldo has plenty of average and frustrating games etc. You said it yourself: on his day he's amazing, and 25 goals in one season is consistent enough for me.

Cap

Post by Cap » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:01 am

Some peoples world football knowledge is appaling. Ibra can destroy anyone and was amazing last season.
Although DOTU you must also agree that Inter should be laughing all the way to the bank, specially with the age of the player.
Although Barca have got a completly new dimension to their front line with a big, powerful, skillful forward.He can lead the line for them playing as a strong targetman (ala eto mostly last season) or play as a deep lying forward linking with xavi and co then playing through balls to the pacey wingers to run onto.

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:15 am

DarloOnTheUp wrote: Well you clearly have never watched an Inter Milan game in Serie A, then, as if you had then you would agree with me. Top scorer with 25 goals in Serie A last season kind of proves you all wrong, to be fair! If anybody scored that many in the Premiership (Torres, Ronaldo etc.) then you would all be singing his praises.
No it doesn't you foolish boy. You're claiming Ibrahimovic is the best player in the world because he was the top scorer in the 3rd best (by a mile) League in Europe for the team head and shoulders better than any other in that League. He isn't even in the top 10 strikers in the world. He scores the odd spectacular goal but is largely anonymous. I could quite comfortably name you 50 players much better and more valuable to their team.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:51 am

Breedon wrote:
DarloOnTheUp wrote: Well you clearly have never watched an Inter Milan game in Serie A, then, as if you had then you would agree with me. Top scorer with 25 goals in Serie A last season kind of proves you all wrong, to be fair! If anybody scored that many in the Premiership (Torres, Ronaldo etc.) then you would all be singing his praises.
No it doesn't you foolish boy. You're claiming Ibrahimovic is the best player in the world because he was the top scorer in the 3rd best (by a mile) League in Europe for the team head and shoulders better than any other in that League. He isn't even in the top 10 strikers in the world. He scores the odd spectacular goal but is largely anonymous. I could quite comfortably name you 50 players much better and more valuable to their team.
Yeah, because Mourinho and Guardiola know less than a pube-headed idiot. Think about it, there must be a reason why Barca are willing to pay so much for him. It isn't just his goals but his overall play that make him so good. Some of the things he does with the ball are phenomonal. However, I just used the goal record as proof of his ability.

"I could quite comfortably name you 50 players much better and more valuable to their team."

More valuable? He is worth 35mill, plus Eto'o, plus Hleb on loan to Inter. You can name 50 players more valuable than that? And comfortably? Go ahead then... I didn't want to resort to insults but you really are a fucking idiot.

You've clearly never seen him play for Inter in Serie A and are just pretending you watch him play every week to back up your argument, but I can see right through you. His build up play, touches on the ball, AND goal scoring record are amazing, and you would know this if you had actually watched one Italian league game. But you haven't. Fair enough he hasn't done it in europe on the big stage yet, but which better club is there than Barca to finally do it with?

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:08 am

DarloOnTheUp wrote:
Breedon wrote:
Yeah, because Mourinho and Guardiola know less than a pube-headed idiot. Think about it, there must be a reason why Barca are willing to pay so much for him. It isn't just his goals but his overall play that make him so good. Some of the things he does with the ball are phenomonal. However, I just used the goal record as proof of his ability.

"I could quite comfortably name you 50 players much better and more valuable to their team."

More valuable? He is worth 35mill, plus Eto'o, plus Hleb on loan to Inter. You can name 50 players more valuable than that? And comfortably? Go ahead then... I didn't want to resort to insults but you really are a fucking idiot.

You've clearly never seen him play for Inter in Serie A and are just pretending you watch him play every week to back up your argument, but I can see right through you. His build up play, touches on the ball, AND goal scoring record are amazing, and you would know this if you had actually watched one Italian league game. But you haven't. Fair enough he hasn't done it in europe on the big stage yet, but which better club is there than Barca to finally do it with?
You cant see through the eyeballs in your empty head son. Im not basing my assesment on insane values that are totally unjustified, I'm basing it on quality and contribution to their team. All you're thinking is goals and moments of individual class, what about the likes of Marcos Senna that perform week in, week out at EVERY level without fail? How about Gigi Buffon who is as solid as a rock in goal. Steven Gerrard, the heart of his team, integral to everything his team do. Christiano Ronaldo and Leo Messi, sheer genius'. More natural goalscorers such as Van Nistelrooy, Fernando Torres and Samuel Eto'o (underlining the sheer idiocy of this move). Massive defenders and grafters such as Nemanja Vidic, Dani Alves and Ricardo Carvallho.

I watch plenty of European football, Serie A is really 2nd rate compared to the Premiership and La Liga, like clearly. Ibrahimovic isn't even the star player in Serie A, he's one of a lot of very good players. You claim a player that has never performed well on the world or european stage is the best in the world, and call me an idiot. You know nothing about football.

TeessideQuaker

Post by TeessideQuaker » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:59 am

If I was Inter, I'd be laughing. Mourinho has got a much better deal there.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:39 pm

"You know nothing about football."

Coming from the guy who thought Marcos Senna was an up and coming youngster, when he is 33 years old! LOL! Trust me, I know alot about football.

"Serie A is really 2nd rate compared to the Premiership and La Liga, like clearly. Ibrahimovic isn't even the star player in Serie A, he's one of a lot of very good players."

So it's clearly second rate yet full of very good players? That's a bit contradictory! Plus, all these "very good yet somehow still second rate" players scored considerably less than Ibrahimovic last season. Again, you're a fucking idiot.

"Christiano Ronaldo and Leo Messi, sheer genius'."

First of all, it's Cristiano. Second of all, I agree that both players, on their day, are truly brilliant. However, they are both inconsistant too. It's the nature of the game. I've seen Ronaldo absolutely tear teams apart, yet struggle to do anything with the ball in other games. Also, Marcos Senna is not as good as you make out. Yes, he's vital to the balance of teams but he does not even come close to Ibrahimovic in terms of what he can do with the ball. I would have Essien over Senna any day of the week.

We can argue 'till the cows come home really, but I guess we will find out next season whether Ibrahimovic is over-rated or not.

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:21 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:"You know nothing about football."

Coming from the guy who thought Marcos Senna was an up and coming youngster, when he is 33 years old! LOL! Trust me, I know alot about football.

"Serie A is really 2nd rate compared to the Premiership and La Liga, like clearly. Ibrahimovic isn't even the star player in Serie A, he's one of a lot of very good players."

So it's clearly second rate yet full of very good players? That's a bit contradictory! Plus, all these "very good yet somehow still second rate" players scored considerably less than Ibrahimovic last season. Again, you're a fucking idiot.

"Christiano Ronaldo and Leo Messi, sheer genius'."

First of all, it's Cristiano. Second of all, I agree that both players, on their day, are truly brilliant. However, they are both inconsistant too. It's the nature of the game. I've seen Ronaldo absolutely tear teams apart, yet struggle to do anything with the ball in other games. Also, Marcos Senna is not as good as you make out. Yes, he's vital to the balance of teams but he does not even come close to Ibrahimovic in terms of what he can do with the ball. I would have Essien over Senna any day of the week.

We can argue 'till the cows come home really, but I guess we will find out next season whether Ibrahimovic is over-rated or not.
I said Senna was the next Ronaldo in terms of his quality and being the hottest property in football, which I stand by. If I was to pick a dream 11, his would be the first name on my team sheet. Ronaldo and Messi are 100% more consistant than Ibrahimovic in the league, the only consistancy Ibrahimovic shows is he is consistantly shite at international and european level. He's the type of player that does fuck all and scores a stunning goal out of nothing, which is a skill, but players like that are so expendable. As a striker, his goalscoring ratio in an average league is nothing special, nor is his overall contribution to his side. There are better goal scorers are far better players in terms of skill and ability on the ball. He isn't even a top 10 striker in the world, let alone overall player! Next season he'll score around 10 goals in the league and maybe 1 or 2 in Europe.

I guess we'll draw a line under it as we're clearly not gonna agree. I REALLY dont rate those types of players (Berbatov is another I have no time for) and probably never will.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:17 pm

Breedon is right. Ibrahimovic performs in Serie A. Serie A is nowhere near the force it was 5 or 10 years ago and the failure of Italian teams (and noticeabley Inter Milan) to make an impact in the Champions League is proof of this.

The Premiership and La Liga are way ahead at the moment and this is where most of the quality now is. Although Serie A has just caught up with La Liga with one ridiculous transfer...
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Cap

Post by Cap » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:39 am

I agree Serie A is not what it once was. And that is partly due to players lik Ibra leaving. But he has performed wherever he has played and he has also performed for his country. I agree in the CL he has been poor for Inter but they always have underperformed in Europe( i feel this is where he has been judged by most here).
He would walk into any top team in the world. And that is the reason the best team in the world at the moment have spunked 30 odd million on him.
He also has a goal scoring ratio of over 1 in 2 which is very good for a player that adds so much more than goals to a team.

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:28 am

He's not a bad player, I wouldn't be suprised in this day and age if he was valued at 30 million, but for Barca to throw in Hleb and a BETTER STRIKER in Eto'o is sheer ludocriss. He isn't that good, maybe about the 12th or 13th best striker in the world.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:00 pm

"He isn't that good, maybe about the 12th or 13th best striker"

Yeah, because Guardiola would spend 39mill plus Eto'o plus Hleb on the 12/13th best striker in the world. I think I'll take his, and all his scouts', opinion instead of yours thank you very much.