Players to be paid

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

TinShedDarloFan
Team Supported: Darlington

Players to be paid

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:11 am

Wages are expected to be covered from NYD game plus money recieved from fulham for appearance related clause in Stockdale transfer
Last edited by TinShedDarloFan on Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Makka Pakka

Re: Players to be paid

Post by Makka Pakka » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:12 am

Isn't that the same game?
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:15 am

Ammended lol

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:16 am

Thank god for some positive news at last, chuffed for those players, heard at the match that transfer money was also received by the club, must be Taylor and according to the Echo Stockdale.

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:16 am

Dirk Pitt

Post by Dirk Pitt » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:27 am

So if the article is correct and we have no debts and the players are all going to be paid wages owed, then how can we be placed into Administration? Don't you need debts for this to happen?

1Superlidds

Post by 1Superlidds » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:31 am

he is willing to step aside immediately, the club is debt free and needs £3-400k to see the season out - why don't they actively look at selling Hopson/McReady before considering Administration. It seems stupid to go into Administration when we are debt free!
click on Facebook PIMM Productions for the latest on Darlo Till I Die

1Superlidds

Post by 1Superlidds » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:32 am

Dirk Pitt wrote:So if the article is correct and we have no debts and the players are all going to be paid wages owed, then how can we be placed into Administration? Don't you need debts for this to happen?
I think its based on the fact that we won't have sufficient income to maintain the business
click on Facebook PIMM Productions for the latest on Darlo Till I Die

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:43 am

I wonder how much MBW and Taylor will get paid i.e. the ones that have not accepted the paycut.

Secondly, how the hell are we going to generate 300k until the end of the season!
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:49 am

We'll have to sell Hopson. Won't get 300k, but it could knock a hole in it and we will get some matchday income to the end of the season. Small fee for Greg Taylor? (or is that already spoken for)
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:55 am

Could be that we have teams enquiring about Liam Hatch, £50,000 would be a very good piece of buisness, we still have the likes of York, Lincoln, Luton, Grimsby and Stockport to play at home, perhaps dial h as well, get Hodgy helping, you only habe to look at his charity game where he pulled in 14,000 people

we_8_poolie

Post by we_8_poolie » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:56 am

Surely it can't be £300k ? The figures need to be sorted by DFCRG pretty damn quickly. They've been offered the football club for free ...they / we won't get a better chance to take ownership than right now.

The DFCRG group need instant buy in now from all the fans. Just a thought and may need adjusting but we could all pay £30 monthly direct debit starting now ...1000 of us....generates £30k a month...fans get next years season ticket for being part of the scheme ...also means we generate £30k a month during the summer so we have a small kitty going into next season.

That money plus the Trust £50k should keep us going ....shoudn't it ?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:59 am

First of all, the trust has 50k. If the consortium can get another couple of businessmen behind it maybe they can find 50k or so between them, there's your first 100k.

The other 200k needs to be found by us.

I think it is doable. There are 9 more home games. Get Hodgson on board as a troop rallying figurehead, get the community club aspect of things going, perk peoples interest up with the fact that at last DFC belongs to the people. We are only getting 1,900 through the gate at the moment, if we can get another 1,000 per game that's approx 12k extra tickets sales, maybe an extra k parking, so 13k more per match x 9 = 117k extra - take off VAT it's about 100k extra before the end of the season.

We'd only have 100k left to find, over the course of the next 4-5 months. This has got to be doable, Wrexham did it.

How about fans stakeholding? Maybe a 6 month Save DFC direct debt at ONLY £25 a month til July? Even if only 500 people contribute its 12.5k per month over 6 months 75 grand!

You've only got to find 25k more then! What about asking businesses? Maybe we'll get a decent offer for a player?

Then the shortfall is covered and the club can restructure in July.

THIS IS DOABLE IF RAJ JUSTS HANDS THE CLUB OVER!

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:01 am

Makka Pakka wrote:We'll have to sell Hopson. Won't get 300k, but it could knock a hole in it and we will get some matchday income to the end of the season. Small fee for Greg Taylor? (or is that already spoken for)
Matchday income will already be factored into the income projections which leave us needing 3-400k to see us through to the summer.

We need EXTRA matchday income to make a dent in that figure, as in bigger crowds. However, that CAN be done.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:02 am

Quakerz wrote:First of all, the trust has 50k. If the consortium can get another couple of businessmen behind it maybe they can find 50k or so between them, there's your first 100k.

I think it is doable. There are 9 more home games. Get Hodgson on board as a troop rallying figurehead, get the community club aspect of things going, perk peoples interest up with the fact that at last DFC belongs to the people. We are only getting 1,900 through the gate at the moment, if we can get another 1,000 per game that's approx 12k extra tickets sales, maybe an extra k parking, so 13k more per match x 9 = 117k extra - take off VAT it's about 100k extra before the end of the season.

We'd only have 100k left to find, over the course of the next 4-5 months. This has got to be doable, Wrexham did it.

How about fans stakeholding? Maybe a 6 month Save DFC direct debt at ONLY £25 a month til July? Even if only 500 people contribute its 12.5k per month over 6 months 75 grand!

You've only got to find 25k more then! What about asking businesses? Maybe we'll get a decent offer for a player?

As long as he doesn't dump us into admin this week.

Didn't Wrexham have to stump up something like 250k to the Conference as a guarantee before they were allowed to start the season? Would we have to come up with something similar?

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:05 am

What happens about the S&S agreement over the rent, if Raj goes? Won't that blow a hole below the waterline?
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:06 am

I am a qualified accountant - I don't mind doing a bit in my area for nothing to help out, i.e. Stat Accounts, Payroll, Tax, Rec's etc - I will put my name forward when we get the opportunity.
I would imagine Raj's Prestige Group are doing the accounts at the moment - so depending on what is cross charged to DFC - it could be around 100k per annum cost saving.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

divas

Post by divas » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:07 am

Getting rid of high earners where possible must be a priority. We're going to have to do that in the summer when we restructure so may as well start as we mean to go on.

Hopefully once the players are paid the embargo will be lifted allowing Lidds to wheel and deal.

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:08 am

Quakerz wrote:First of all, the trust has 50k. If the consortium can get another couple of businessmen behind it maybe they can find 50k or so between them, there's your first 100k.

I'm with you Qz. And I'd sign up for the direct debit idea to help keep this place going. Also, if we have some sense of stability, I am sure young Dale Hopson would tempt somebody in to a six figure bid?

The deal breaker will be whether S&S are prepared to continue the current leasing arrangement I guess. If they refuse, we've got nowhere to play. If that can be negotiated, then I think we have a chance.

I'd also look at a brick in the wall type monument, those who were prepared to chip in a pre determined amount being cast for history to say they helped. Would appeal to my ego!

Also, there's the share issue that had been previously mentioned as raising funding.

Disappointing of course that Raj can't/won't back us further, but credit where credits due if he's prepared to walk away for nothing.

Let's see.

divas

Post by divas » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:10 am

Mr_Tibbs wrote:What happens about the S&S agreement over the rent, if Raj goes? Won't that blow a hole below the waterline?
Certainly something that needs to be considered but can't see S&S having a long list of applicants who want to lease the stadium instead of us.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:10 am

This.

We can do it if Raj hands the club over, which I think he will. Hopefully he won't just dump us into administration. We have some playing assets that can be sold-Hopson, Mcready, Chandler, maybe Hatch. And as you say, get Hodgson invlolved (I believe he would if we really need him-and we do now). Love him or hate him but he seems to be able to connect with the people of Darlington like nobody else (at least in my time following the club). If he was involved I think we'd see an instant rise in crowds, and much more awareness and interest from the town.

Also, there is the issue with S+S and the rent, but hopefully they'll keep it sensible

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:12 am

I wonder if it would be possible to set up a high profile friendly match between now and the end of the season.
I know its a long shot, but either Man utd or man city will have a free week soon due to them playing each other in the fa cup.
We could get 10,000 in at average £10, knock off even 20k in expenses and we would make some good wedge
Think before posting

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:15 am

We've got atleast 5 games where 2000 mark is broken whichwill help, Hatch could well command a fee and why not test the water with teams regarding Hopson, try off load the higher earners this month a.d replace with loans withthe help of Sunderland and Boro would be a boost

MikeinBlack

Post by MikeinBlack » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:15 am

Quakerz wrote:
Makka Pakka wrote:We'll have to sell Hopson. Won't get 300k, but it could knock a hole in it and we will get some matchday income to the end of the season. Small fee for Greg Taylor? (or is that already spoken for)
Matchday income will already be factored into the income projections which leave us needing 3-400k to see us through to the summer.

We need EXTRA matchday income to make a dent in that figure, as in bigger crowds. However, that CAN be done.
What if Season ticket Holders pay on the day (i.e. donate the ticket price into the coffers)? Just a suggestion before it's blown out of the water. Naturally, buckets etc will generate a little cash too.
COME ON DARLO!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:17 am

Mr_Tibbs wrote:What happens about the S&S agreement over the rent, if Raj goes? Won't that blow a hole below the waterline?
Obviously we'd need them to play ball and they might not want to. It is not a certainty that they'll put the rent up massively.

MikeinBlack

Post by MikeinBlack » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:17 am

BUSHEAD wrote:I wonder if it would be possible to set up a high profile friendly match between now and the end of the season.
I know its a long shot, but either Man utd or man city will have a free week soon due to them playing each other in the fa cup.
We could get 10,000 in at average £10, knock off even 20k in expenses and we would make some good wedge

Or Fulham as they seem to buy all of our up and coming players! Or what about Hartlepool?
COME ON DARLO!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:18 am

MikeinBlack wrote:
Quakerz wrote:

What if Season ticket Holders pay on the day (i.e. donate the ticket price into the coffers)? Just a suggestion before it's blown out of the water. Naturally, buckets etc will generate a little cash too.
Forget bloody buckets, they don't generate enough cash. There's got to be more to fundraising than rattling buckets!

MikeinBlack

Post by MikeinBlack » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:19 am

Quakerz wrote:
Obviously we'd need them to play ball and they might not want to. It is not a certainty that they'll put the rent up massively.
What chance S&S may want to come on board with the Group in some capacity? They are business men after all.
COME ON DARLO!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:19 am

TinShedDarloFan wrote:We've got atleast 5 games where 2000 mark is broken whichwill help, Hatch could well command a fee and why not test the water with teams regarding Hopson, try off load the higher earners this month a.d replace with loans withthe help of Sunderland and Boro would be a boost
Easier said than done because we'd have to have the transfer embargo lifted.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:20 am

Quakerz wrote:
TinShedDarloFan wrote:We've got atleast 5 games where 2000 mark is broken whichwill help, Hatch could well command a fee and why not test the water with teams regarding Hopson, try off load the higher earners this month a.d replace with loans withthe help of Sunderland and Boro would be a boost
Easier said than done because we'd have to have the transfer embargo lifted.
Zero chance.

Best case scenario is we manage to run the club at break even. There is nothing in it for them and they are not football fans, let alone interested in DFC.