Players to be paid

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

MikeinBlack
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Players to be paid

Post by MikeinBlack » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:20 am

Quakerz wrote:
MikeinBlack wrote:
Quakerz wrote:
Makka Pakka wrote:We'll have to sell Hopson. Won't get 300k, but it could knock a hole in it and we will get some matchday income to the end of the season. Small fee for Greg Taylor? (or is that already spoken for)
Matchday income will already be factored into the income projections which leave us needing 3-400k to see us through to the summer.

We need EXTRA matchday income to make a dent in that figure, as in bigger crowds. However, that CAN be done.
What if Season ticket Holders pay on the day (i.e. donate the ticket price into the coffers)? Just a suggestion before it's blown out of the water. Naturally, buckets etc will generate a little cash too.
Forget bloody buckets, they don't generate enough cash. There's got to be more to fundraising than rattling buckets!
Maybe the Echo could get on board somehow? They do sponsor the Arena after all.
COME ON DARLO!

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:22 am

As much as fulham might play us, I doubt even given our situation that we'd get a huge crowd.
Think before posting

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:22 am

al_quaker wrote:
Quakerz wrote:First of all, the trust has 50k. If the consortium can get another couple of businessmen behind it maybe they can find 50k or so between them, there's your first 100k.

The other 200k needs to be found by us.

I think it is doable. There are 9 more home games. Get Hodgson on board as a troop rallying figurehead, get the community club aspect of things going, perk peoples interest up with the fact that at last DFC belongs to the people. We are only getting 1,900 through the gate at the moment, if we can get another 1,000 per game that's approx 12k extra tickets sales, maybe an extra k parking, so 13k more per match x 9 = 117k extra - take off VAT it's about 100k extra before the end of the season.

We'd only have 100k left to find, over the course of the next 4-5 months. This has got to be doable, Wrexham did it.

How about fans stakeholding? Maybe a 6 month Save DFC direct debt at ONLY £25 a month til July? Even if only 500 people contribute its 12.5k per month over 6 months 75 grand!

You've only got to find 25k more then! What about asking businesses? Maybe we'll get a decent offer for a player?

Then the shortfall is covered and the club can restructure in July.

THIS IS DOABLE IF RAJ JUSTS HANDS THE CLUB OVER!
This.

We can do it if Raj hands the club over, which I think he will. Hopefully he won't just dump us into administration. We have some playing assets that can be sold-Hopson, Mcready, Chandler, maybe Hatch. And as you say, get Hodgson invlolved (I believe he would if we really need him-and we do now). Love him or hate him but he seems to be able to connect with the people of Darlington like nobody else (at least in my time following the club). If he was involved I think we'd see an instant rise in crowds, and much more awareness and interest from the town.

Also, there is the issue with S+S and the rent, but hopefully they'll keep it sensible
You're obsessed with selling Chandler and Hatch. Selling a kid is a better idea, and I really believe we can raise the money anyway.

Worst case scenario, we fail and end up in admin.

This will happen soon anyway if we don't intervene.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:23 am

A Hodgy fundraiser ?

Fulham wouldnt bring in a big crowd and a Hartlepool friendly would never go ahead, any income from that sort of game would take a big hit on policing costs

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:24 am

Also, do we have any people drawing a wage that could be replaced by volunteers? I'm talking PR, commercial, directors etc.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:26 am

Quakerz wrote:
You're obsessed with selling Chandler and Hatch. Selling a kid is a better idea, and I really believe we can raise the money anyway.

Worst case scenario, we fail and end up in admin.

This will happen soon anyway if we don't intervene.
I'm only obsessed with wanting DFC to survive. I think there will be clubs willing to pay money for Chandler and maybe Hatch-are we in a position to turn them down?

I'd rather Chandler stay of course (Hatch will likely be one of our highest earners, and he's not been on form this season anyway) as he is the type of player we could build a team around, but survival is more important right now.

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:27 am

We still have the boot sales, carverys, parties etc that are bringing in money, might not be massive profits but it would still chip away at the£400,000

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:27 am

It is essential we keep Chandler at any cost. He's club captain and the heartbeat of the team, and I bet he's not a massive earner anyway.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:28 am

TinShedDarloFan wrote:We still have the boot sales, carverys, parties etc that are bringing in money, might not be massive profits but it would still chip away at the£400,000
No, no they wouldn't.

People need to stop mentioning stuff that ALREADY contributes to the income of the club BEFORE the shortfall.

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:29 am

Commercially, fans could ask the company they work for to sponsor a game, a matchball, anything like that . Sure somebody will know what's available.

I know this sounds obvious, but as fans - put Darlo match details as a Facebook status, as a tweet. After all It's a form of free advertising.
Think before posting

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:31 am

Also, next season, we MIGHT have to disband the youth team (it costs around 150k with no funding from next season I believe) in order to have some sort of playing wage budget. Obviously that would be hard to take and we'd cherry pick the best few players for pro deals.

Hopefully that'd be a last resort though.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:33 am

Quakerz wrote:It is essential we keep Chandler at any cost. He's club captain and the heartbeat of the team, and I bet he's not a massive earner anyway.
I agree entirely that he is the heartbeat of the team-he will be the ideal person to build a younger team around next season when the budget is much lower. However, if someone comes in offering decent money for him, I think the club will have to accept it. Also, isn't he out of contract at the end of the season anyway? He could be off then even if the club survives (although I think he'd like to stay-he seems to like the club)

feethams

Post by feethams » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:37 am

i go to watch ice hockey and the ways the club makes money through the supporters is fantastic. Things like the 50:50 and shirt raffles, player sponsors, merchandise etc... is organised so well and puts Darlo (and most football clubs to shame). Thats on attendances of around 3000.

If someone was to implement this sort of things at Darlo, not only would it increase revenue for the club, but it also adds a little more to supporters match day experience and might just put a few extra bums on seats.

It winds me up whenever I go watch Darlo at that side of DFC seems so wasted and unexplored.

I'd love to voice my ideas to somebody but you never know who or where to speak

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:41 am

Quakerz wrote:Also, do we have any people drawing a wage that could be replaced by volunteers? I'm talking PR, commercial, directors etc.

PR and media could easily be done by volunteers. I'm a sports journalism student (don't laugh), so I'd be happy to get involved if the opportunity came to it.

In fact, with a group of about 5 or 6 volunteers, each with different skills (i.e. web design, writing, photography, video etc) you could easily do that for free.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:45 am

feethams wrote:i go to watch ice hockey and the ways the club makes money through the supporters is fantastic. Things like the 50:50 and shirt raffles, player sponsors, merchandise etc... is organised so well and puts Darlo (and most football clubs to shame). Thats on attendances of around 3000.

If someone was to implement this sort of things at Darlo, not only would it increase revenue for the club, but it also adds a little more to supporters match day experience and might just put a few extra bums on seats.

It winds me up whenever I go watch Darlo at that side of DFC seems so wasted and unexplored.

I'd love to voice my ideas to somebody but you never know who or where to speak
England play soon, im pretty sure a former keeper would sort out a signed shirt from the England team to raffle off, little things like this would help

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:48 am

TinShedDarloFan wrote:
England play soon, im pretty sure a former keeper would sort out a signed shirt from the England team to raffle off, little things like this would help
That's a great idea!

He could also ask one of the England superstars to donate a weeks wages-we'd be OK until the end of the season then! :lol:

divas

Post by divas » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:00 am

Quakerz wrote:Also, next season, we MIGHT have to disband the youth team (it costs around 150k with no funding from next season I believe) in order to have some sort of playing wage budget. Obviously that would be hard to take and we'd cherry pick the best few players for pro deals.

Hopefully that'd be a last resort though.
That is the biggest decision any new owner will have to make. Potentially given the crop of youngsters we've had recently we should be able to sell enough on for it to look after itself, however it's a large outlay for a non league club that will struggle to make ends meet. It would pay for 4 or 5 players on £500 a week....

1Superlidds

Post by 1Superlidds » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:01 am

TinShedDarloFan wrote:
or maybe get them all to donate a pair of signed football boots and instead of a car boot sale we could have a football boot auction :lol:
click on Facebook PIMM Productions for the latest on Darlo Till I Die

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:02 am

BUSHEAD wrote:Commercially, fans could ask the company they work for to sponsor a game, a matchball, anything like that . Sure somebody will know what's available.

I know this sounds obvious, but as fans - put Darlo match details as a Facebook status, as a tweet. After all It's a form of free advertising.
I agree - social media's the big thing these days and we should make the most of what we've got at our disposal.

I also think that if this site took over from the official site - or was handed control over it - then I think it could be put to better use. I'm not saying we attempt to do a Biggleswade United but I'm sure there's plenty of ways we could drum up interest in the club from all over the world if we put our minds to it.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:04 am

Get Man City to hand us all the money they're not paying Carlos Twatrag Tevez.

Problem solved.
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:05 am

Darlogramps wrote:In fact, with a group of about 5 or 6 volunteers, each with different skills (i.e. web design, writing, photography, video etc) you could easily do that for free.
I've long maintained a media student could make a highlight reel from the tape we have to make of each game - and as for a website, if we can somehow find a way out of the PTV contract then, well, we've got a ready made site right here. Few tweaks, bit of spit and polish and bang - good to go.
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

1Superlidds

Post by 1Superlidds » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:08 am

is the consortium aware of these suggestions? If they know supporters are looking at ways to help they may try and delay/avert the Administration issue
click on Facebook PIMM Productions for the latest on Darlo Till I Die

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:25 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Quakerz wrote:Also, do we have any people drawing a wage that could be replaced by volunteers? I'm talking PR, commercial, directors etc.

PR and media could easily be done by volunteers. I'm a sports journalism student (don't laugh), so I'd be happy to get involved if the opportunity came to it.

In fact, with a group of about 5 or 6 volunteers, each with different skills (i.e. web design, writing, photography, video etc) you could easily do that for free.
It certainly could. If it was a proper community club thing again I'd happily lend a hand editing the programme or doing copy for the website which I've done in the past. Hell I'd be happy to work in the ticket office (I doubt the system has changed much since when I left).

As for Quakerz idea of a standing order I'd be happy to do that as well. It's not much in the grand scheme of things but it would be a massive help.

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:30 am

mikkyx wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:In fact, with a group of about 5 or 6 volunteers, each with different skills (i.e. web design, writing, photography, video etc) you could easily do that for free.
I've long maintained a media student could make a highlight reel from the tape we have to make of each game - and as for a website, if we can somehow find a way out of the PTV contract then, well, we've got a ready made site right here. Few tweaks, bit of spit and polish and bang - good to go.
I think we would struggle to get out of a ptv contract but with a few willing volunteers there is no reason why it has to cost the club money. It's probably too much for one person to do but if you had an editor and then 4 or 5 people running regular content pieces it could be a lot easier.

Same goes for The video content. Hell if we could convince one of the local radio stations of business to donate us an isdn box in exchange for some words on air we could do proper commentary on the match. Listening to some of the fans with ray over the last season and a bit I think there are a few people who could do a good job.

Same goes for the programme. Like I said previously I'm be more than willing to bring some of experience to the table in these areas if it helps the club.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:39 am

Darlogramps wrote:

That's the one area where I think we're quite well off. You've got TFDM, Mikky and myself without even thinking properly. I've said it before that Im willing to help if I can and Im sure others feel the same.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk