Gall misses sitter

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Quakerz
Team Supported: Darlington

Gall misses sitter

Post by Quakerz » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:36 pm

Worst manager in the UK coupled with the worst forward in the UK = relegation.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Shieldsy

Re: Gall misses sitter

Post by Shieldsy » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:37 pm

MAIN SCORES! WHY HAS HE NOT BEEN PLAYING!?

darlo999

Post by darlo999 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:41 pm

cus todd doesnt have a clue what talent is
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

grimsbyquaker
Team Supported: Darlington FC

Post by grimsbyquaker » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:47 pm

Quakerz wrote:Worst manager in the UK coupled with the worst forward in the UK = relegation.
You would be hard pushed today to find a Darlo fan who didn't recognise the tremendous shift put in by KG - and I cannot remember any such 'sitter'

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:58 pm

Gall did miss a sitter but was offside anyway. Like Grimsbyquaker says Gall put in a hell of a shift but I suppose you had to be there to appreciate it.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:02 pm

Ok I appreciate that Gall put in a hell of a shift, ie ran around a lot. Thats great, if you like your forwards to run around a lot and not score goals. How many goals is Gall going to get us if we play him up top all season?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

grimsbyquaker

Post by grimsbyquaker » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:10 pm

Fair point Q, but he's a useful lad to have around - he and Main, plus Thorpe for 'something abit different' means that our new boss (please God not Peter Jackson, whoever was saying that) has something to build on. The lad does more than Dowson, who had a better scoring ratio when at Saltergate on loan last term.

divas

Post by divas » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:14 pm

very similar to blundell, will run around and hassle defences but lacks that bit of quality and goalscoring prowess (apart from in non league), he'd be better coming on for the last 20 or so like blundell used to

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:48 pm

Quakerz wrote:Ok I appreciate that Gall put in a hell of a shift, ie ran around a lot. Thats great, if you like your forwards to run around a lot and not score goals. How many goals is Gall going to get us if we play him up top all season?
Q - this is an identical thread to the one after the Leeds game when you had a right pop at Thorpe. You hadn't been to that one either. If you turn up, I'll attach more relevance to your criticisms.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:52 pm

I repeat the question, how many goals is Gall (or Thorpe for that matter) going to get this season? My attendance or non attendance today is not relevant, I'm asking a sage like yourself to give me a good estimate based on what you reckon to these players.

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:57 pm

Gall was s*** enough last time we has here to suggest he will still be just as s***. If I played up front, then I would run my socks off, doesn't mean I'll do anything important like scoring goals though!

grimsbyquaker

Post by grimsbyquaker » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:11 pm

That's too much of an easy thing to say. Would you have scored a goal like the one at Acc? He does more than just run around aimlessly, even when he has to chase some of the tripe he was served with today.

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:12 pm

Quakerz wrote:I repeat the question, how many goals is Gall (or Thorpe for that matter) going to get this season? My attendance or non attendance today is not relevant, I'm asking a sage like yourself to give me a good estimate based on what you reckon to these players.
I think they'll get about a dozen between them, unless a new manager can get better in. That would be about 50% of our total goals scored based on what I've seen. I don't feel good about having to watch them, but that's the best we've got so I'm getting on with it.

Hopefully you can get your shoulder back to the wheel and start supporting the club again in a really crucial period for it's existence.

Cap

Post by Cap » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:22 pm

Guess you didn't go to accy, although i appreciate what your saying. A player like gall is useful though. You do need someone to play with him who can score goals though which is our problem.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:55 pm

Put it this way, Gall is our best forward to go alongside Main. Bitching about him isnt going to inspire confidence is it? Get behind the lad instead of picking on any little mistake.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:05 pm

loan_star wrote:Gall is our best forward
I feel sick.

A striker with a 1 in 8 strike rate (most of those goals coming in the conference) is our best forward?

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:07 pm

Yes.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:22 pm

Then we are going down mate. Already adrift, can't score and relying on Gall?

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:36 pm

Quakerz wrote:Ok I appreciate that Gall put in a hell of a shift, ie ran around a lot. Thats great, if you like your forwards to run around a lot and not score goals. How many goals is Gall going to get us if we play him up top all season?
Probably not as many goals as occasions you make yourself look like a dimwit by commenting on games and incidents you haven't actually seen, but then I doubt many strikers will notch that number! Gall had a very good game today, and as previously stated the so called sitter was offside therefore irrelevant.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:44 pm

But on another day he might not have been offside when he missed the sitter pubehead. What is relevant is that he missed.

Congratulations on attending a match and feeling you have the moral high ground and misplaced confidence to attack my character.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:01 pm

It was hardly a 'sitter'!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:04 pm

the Grimsby commentators thought it was.

Anyway, thats by the by, we have forwards that will miss easy chances.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:08 pm

So does every other team at this level.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:09 pm

Yes but some miss more than others and we can't afford to miss as we don't create very much.

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:22 pm

If Gall scores 10 goals this season (not unrealistic, he has 2 at this stage) he will have outscored all of our top scorers last season. You put Gall up with Main and there are goals in the team.

I dont think going to the game gives me any sort of moral high ground, but I do think that saying Kevin Gall is the worst striker in the country based on a game that you weren't at in which he actually played really well makes you look a plonker. One thing being at the game does qualify me to do is tell you what actually happened, and it wasn't a flat out sitter. He should have scored, but it was a looping header from an awkward angle when under pressure from the keeper. If he misses 10 goals from 4 yards out when offside and scores 10 goals like the one at Accrington, that'll do for me.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:28 pm

Breedon wrote:but I do think that saying Kevin Gall is the worst striker in the country based on a game that you weren't at
It's not based on the game I wasn't at, but based on him being the worst forward in the UK. (he isn't really but he for my money is poor and I do like an exaggeration)

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:38 pm

Quakerz wrote:
Breedon wrote:but I do think that saying Kevin Gall is the worst striker in the country based on a game that you weren't at
It's not based on the game I wasn't at, but based on him being the worst forward in the UK. (he isn't really but he for my money is poor and I do like an exaggeration)
Fair enough, but he is playing much better than he did when he was on loan with us, you should give him the benefit of the doubt until you see him at least! Are you gonna go on tuesday night now that Todd has gone? Not asking in an arsey way, just curious...

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:47 pm

I can't unfortunately. Just can't make it as I have some work commitments and deadlines to complete. Had Todd been here I wouldn't have wanted to go anyway, but now he's gone I fancy going.

Santino

Post by Santino » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:51 pm

Quakerz wrote:
Have you even seen him play for us this season?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:53 pm

Has a leopard ever changed its spots?