Hatch & Taylor

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

jjmick
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hatch & Taylor

Post by jjmick » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:54 pm

I didn't even know about this; so thanks.
Darlo till I die!!

branksome82

Post by branksome82 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:57 pm

Fleetwood and luton

darlofan96

Post by darlofan96 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:04 pm

I think it's just speculation

cameron-darlo
Team Supported: Darlington, newcastle

Post by cameron-darlo » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:04 pm

not fussed about hatch going, he's been fucking s*** lately. and it also proves he doesn't give a fuck about the club or fans along with taylor.

piggy

Post by piggy » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:08 pm

cameron-darlo wrote:not fussed about hatch going, he's been fucking s*** lately. and it also proves he doesn't give a fuck about the club or fans along with taylor.
I was with you up to that point. These blokes have bills to pay like everyone else cameron, I dont any darlo fans begrudge either of them if/when they move.

Free_Transfer

Post by Free_Transfer » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:10 pm

cameron-darlo wrote:not fussed about hatch going, he's been fucking s*** lately. and it also proves he doesn't give a fuck about the club or fans along with taylor.
Can you blame them? If your jobs going tits up you do one!

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:25 pm

raj had said the players on 3-400 aweek would be fine, its the ones on 800-1000, so im guessing it will be wages between 3-500 a week he's wanting them on which aint a crap wage to be on

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:27 pm

Although Hatch has been dissapointing this season, I think telling him to 'do one' is harsh. If it weren't for him, we wouldn't have had our day at Wembley, and he turned down a better offer from Grimsby to stay with us in January.

And the end of the day, these guys have bills to pay and can't afford to wait around, especially at this level where they could quite easily end up on the scrap heap if they don't take their chances.

I like Greg Taylor and it is a shame to lose a player with so much potential. He upped sticks to come here too.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:28 pm

TinShedDarloFan wrote:raj had said the players on 3-400 aweek would be fine, its the ones on 800-1000, so im guessing it will be wages between 3-500 a week he's wanting them on which aint a crap wage to be on
It is if you're in a job with no long term stability and a very short shelf life at best.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:32 pm

Both big players and would be sorry to see em go :thumbdown:

bga

Post by bga » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:06 pm

Spyman cynics might say they are already on the scrap heap by playing at Darlo! On a serious note though I take your point about perhaps no long term future, but I would be embarrassed to be paid for producing nothing which let's be honest some of these guys are?

Santino

Post by Santino » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:44 pm

How some people can slag players off for having the 'audacity' to try and secure another club before this one goes tits up is beyond me. Clowns.

beatroute66

Post by beatroute66 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:48 pm

Santino wrote:How some people can slag players off for having the 'audacity' to try and secure another club before this one goes tits up is beyond me. Clowns.
It's like 2008 (or whenever it was GH pulled the plug) all over again - I recall the same, stupid mentality on here then. Wasn't a thread started calling Penney a judas for taking the Oldham job towards the end of that season?!

Madness.

StevieMardenboro

Post by StevieMardenboro » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:54 pm

Bang out of order.
He may have had a bad start to this season but Liam Hatch has been absolute class for two seasons in two separate spells for Darlo.
He deserves better than this.

Two games spring to mind: Droylesden away when everyone feared he may have broken his neck and Gateshead at home in the trophy semi when he had a massive game and where his goals turned the tie which ultimately got us to Wembley. One of my favourite ever Darlo players.

Regardless of all of this none of the players should be criticised for wanting away in the current climate.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:04 pm

I'm not going to criticize any player for wanting out of the club in the current situation-they have their families and homes etc to pay for. I will criticize some of the players for the the way some of them have performed this season, which has partially led to this mess. I doubt we would be going through this if we were sat in the top 7 or 8.

feethams

Post by feethams » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:06 pm

StevieMardenboro wrote:
Bang out of order.
He may have had a bad start to this season but Liam Hatch has been absolute class for two seasons in two separate spells for Darlo.
He deserves better than this.

Two games spring to mind: Droylesden away when everyone feared he may have broken his neck and Gateshead at home in the trophy semi when he had a massive game and where his goals turned the tie which ultimately got us to Wembley. One of my favourite ever Darlo players.

Regardless of all of this none of the players should be criticised for wanting away in the current climate.
Good post. Hatch has worked hard for this club, and deserves better than we are clearly offering. Good luck to him I say.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:13 pm

I'm hoping that getting rid of some of the high earners might make Raj feel like he's achieved something. This in itself might placate him a little, and to be honest, will we really miss them?
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Norm_D_Ploom

Post by Norm_D_Ploom » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:14 pm

beatroute66 wrote:
Santino wrote:How some people can slag players off for having the 'audacity' to try and secure another club before this one goes tits up is beyond me. Clowns.
It's like 2008 (or whenever it was GH pulled the plug) all over again - I recall the same, stupid mentality on here then. Wasn't a thread started calling Penney a judas for taking the Oldham job towards the end of that season?!

Madness.
There was mate and I think I started it :lol:

In my defence it was more based around his attitude at the time which seemed to be along the lines of if he was a player he would have in the required 2 weeks PFA notice and walked out rather than sticking together to see where it got us.

That and I knew it would wind a few people up :twisted:

I don't blame the players at all, Raj sanctioned the contracts sadly the buck stops with him.

The players underperformed and let Cooper down, Mark pissed them off with some of the stuff he did but at the end of the day we would probably still be in this mess no matter how well we did this season as Raj sanctioned a budget we could not hope to sustain without a very very good cup run, as even if we were 10 points clear we would not get anywhere near enough fans to balance the books.

Our only hope was the 3rd round of the cup and a big pay day