Inflated food prices

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Team Supported: Darlington

Inflated food prices

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:07 am

Blimey I never knew that inflation has hit 50%. Bought my usual mince pie & 2 sausage rolls, handed over the usual fiver and waited for the change. I was then asked for a further 40p :thumbdown: The pies are exactly the same as last year, but mysteriously they've gone up from £1-20 to £1-80, which in my opinion for a average mince pie is pretty pricey.

Darlo Cockney

Re: Inflated food prices

Post by Darlo Cockney » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:10 am

I would hope that the prices last night were inflated just for the friendlies.

At those prices, I certainly won't be buying as I always have in the past.

DC
Started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left.

I_were_a_mascot
Team Supported: Darlo

Post by I_were_a_mascot » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:12 am

I really don't know how they can price up a pie the same as a sausage roll; both £1.80.

Mr and Mrs Greggs wouldn't be pleased.

Enough of the nit picking from me.

divas

Post by divas » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:15 am

well they were voted the 2nd best pies in the league, and to be fair were a lot cheaper than many other league 2 grounds

i do agree tho a pie does not = a sausage roll!!!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:18 am

You moaning c****.

You'd pay more than that at most other football grounds. Moaning bastards.

This is why the club makes no money because it daren't charge a proper price for pies because of c**** like you lot.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

DL5

Post by DL5 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:36 am

The West stand had run out of pies and coffee by halftime yesterday. Didn't we get less fans than expected? There should be no excuse.

Earl_Lee_Dawes

Post by Earl_Lee_Dawes » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:02 pm

Quakerz wrote:You moaning c****.

This is why the club makes no money because it daren't charge a proper price for pies because of c**** like you lot.
I agree with Quakerz on this. If the pies are too expensive get something to eat before you go to the game.

isitouryear

Post by isitouryear » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:10 pm

I think £1.80 is still cheap for a football ground! Got to agree, very poor comments moaning about the prices, these things have to be done and in my opinion they are alot more realistic now

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:13 pm

Cant of been to many people kicking off to much if they sold out last night, things like this need to be done if were to get somewhere and lik has been said, our pies were very cheap compared to other grounds

e4sby

Post by e4sby » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:20 pm

I'll have to agree here, how many away grounds have we visited who have charged around £2.50 for a pie or burger which are half the standard of ours. We need to make as much profit as possible, if it means putting the pies up ten bob then so be it!

DL5

Post by DL5 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:25 pm

e4sby wrote:

I'll have to agree here, how many away grounds have we visited who have charged around £2.50 for a pie or burger which are half the standard of ours. We need to make as much profit as possible, if it means putting the pies up ten bob then so be it!
Not running out would be more profitable than running out in future (watch some fooker stockpile 20000 pies that go to waste)

Notts_Quaker

Post by Notts_Quaker » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:09 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Blimey I never knew that inflation has hit 50%. Bought my usual mince pie & 2 sausage rolls, handed over the usual fiver and waited for the change. I was then asked for a further 40p :thumbdown: The pies are exactly the same as last year, but mysteriously they've gone up from £1-20 to £1-80, which in my opinion for a average mince pie is pretty pricey.

It's a good job we are a problem free club with no issues or problems at all and can only moan about pies! FFS. It's 40p!

How do you know that the suppliers aren't charging more?

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:16 pm

ok but are the beer still the same price ?

darlotoon

Post by darlotoon » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:52 pm

People need to stop griping over petty little things, sometimes when I read the moans about the cost of pies and drinks and the queues I really cringe.Do some of these people ever venture beyond the arena and attend other venues , where prices are in general higher than ours , try taking the family to the cinema and buy them something in there, or a theme park.... Or go to a major concert , or sporting event and queue for a drink or something to eat .The cost and queues at the Arena whilst not ideal are certainly better than most music arenas or sporting venues.If people think you are served any quicker in the Nou Camp or the prices are cheaper , or Wembley or the Mileenium stadium they aren't in the real world.

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:45 pm

yeah that is totally true. cos £2.40 a pint is cheap paid more in a pub then at a arena

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:34 pm

You mean because it chooses not to extort the fans like the other football league clubs do? Given the ridiculous prices involved in football today, I've always maintained Darlo are one of the better clubs, in a division where it is not uncommon to be asked to pay 20 quid to see shite football, we have yet to reach those dizzying prices, the food has always been reasonably priced compared to other grounds, expecially other grounds with our facilities, frankly I couldn't care less as I rarely eat at the ground anyway. I do however have a couple of pints, and as you point out in your own charming way Quakerz, if I'm over charged at the benefit of the club I support and have loved for 13 years of my life then I couldn't care less! Football's money dominated nature is to blame for any price inflation, not Darlo FC.

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:46 pm

£1.20? I thought the pies were £1.60 last season?
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:31 am

A mince pie was £1-20 last season, £1-80 this season. Anyway I've decided not to buy one in future, cutbacks are necessary.

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:06 am

I think the reason that pie prices have risen might have something to do with the signing of Dean Windass. If the pie shop is more expensive, he'll be less tempted to sneak into the concourse at half time for a cheeky snack and get a stitch in the second half.

I wouldn't complain about this, it will improve our fortunes on the pitch, no doubt.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:34 pm

Breedon wrote:Given the ridiculous prices involved in football today, I've always maintained Darlo are one of the better clubs, in a division where it is not uncommon to be asked to pay 20 quid to see shite football, we have yet to reach those dizzying prices, the food has always been reasonably priced compared to other grounds, expecially other grounds with our facilities,
And we've been in administration twice in 6 years. Coincidence?

Cheap pies = club fucked.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

collett_for_england

Post by collett_for_england » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:04 am

Unbelievable what some people moan about! The prices are not the problem. They also sell beer in the food kiosk now which people were requesting, how about some praise for the club for once? Hopefully lessons will be learnt from the cold pies and running out of beer that was seen on Saturday and we can have a moan free season!