Could this be an answer to our arena luck....

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

real_darlo_85
Team Supported: Darlington

Could this be an answer to our arena luck....

Post by real_darlo_85 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:02 pm

Ever since we made the move to the Arena 6 years ago its been either promotion heart-ache (the 8th placed finishes/playoff semi-final) or seasons of struggle (03/04 and currently now). I've come to the conclusion that the arena is CURSED and there were rumours that poolie workers had done things during the construction of the stadium (burying shirts under the pitch etc.) to bring us bad luck - judging by the events over the last 6 years this could be true.

Now I remember hearing about a story when Barry Fry was in charge of Birmingham City when they were going through a very bad spell of form. Legend has it that he was so concerned by a poor run of form that he asked a local gypsy about an alleged curse on the St Andrews ground. She advised him to urinate on every corner of the pitch, which he is said to have done to the betterment of his club's results. :thumbup:

Maybe this has been the simple answer to our problems all along. SO I SUGGEST SOMEONE ASKS TODDY TO GIVE IT A GO.....YOU NEVER KNOW IT MAY JUST WORK (or it may not)????? ;) :clap:
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

DIRTYDAVE

Re: Could this be an answer to our arena luck....

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:08 pm

real_darlo_85 wrote:Ever since we made the move to the Arena 6 years ago its been either promotion heart-ache (the 8th placed finishes/playoff semi-final) or seasons of struggle (03/04 and currently now). I've come to the conclusion that the arena is CURSED and there were rumours that poolie workers had done things during the construction of the stadium (burying shirts under the pitch etc.) to bring us bad luck - judging by the events over the last 6 years this could be true.

Now I remember hearing about a story when Barry Fry was in charge of Birmingham City when they were going through a very bad spell of form. Legend has it that he was so concerned by a poor run of form that he asked a local gypsy about an alleged curse on the St Andrews ground. She advised him to urinate on every corner of the pitch, which he is said to have done to the betterment of his club's results. :thumbup:

Maybe this has been the simple answer to our problems all along. SO I SUGGEST SOMEONE ASKS TODDY TO GIVE IT A GO.....YOU NEVER KNOW IT MAY JUST WORK (or it may not)????? ;) :clap:

yeah,remember them talking about that on "they think its all over" but think todd would miss and wee on his hands ! :wtf:

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:42 pm

Haha this made me chuckle

Kayiie

Post by Kayiie » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:08 pm

...or maybe we are cursed because we have a bloomin christmas tree up in reception in september. :wtf:

divas

Post by divas » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:13 pm

i think the rumours were actually that Reynolds had a gypsy curse the stadium :lol:

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:23 pm

Kayiie wrote:...or maybe we are cursed because we have a bloomin christmas tree up in reception in september. :wtf:
I'll let you off as this link was posted a few days ago on another thread titled 'luck' (page 3). Think this explains the reasons for the Christmas theme....

http://www.durham.gov.uk/Pages/eventinf ... 11&ecid=13
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:26 pm

Kayiie wrote:...or maybe we are cursed because we have a bloomin christmas tree up in reception in september. :wtf:

Did you not bother to read my explanation that the club is hosting a Durham County Council Christmas Fair shortly.

Santino

Post by Santino » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:06 am

Talk of a curse is way off the mark IMO. In those 8th place seasons, we never seriously looked like going up.

We're not cursed, we're just an unfortunate team to support.

Kayiie

Post by Kayiie » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:15 am

wylam_rangers wrote:

Did you not bother to read my explanation that the club is hosting a Durham County Council Christmas Fair shortly.
Alright chill your beans! :shock: I actually havent seen your explanation sorry..