Cooper in or out?

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Big Tim
Team Supported: Darlington

Cooper in or out?

Post by Big Tim » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:32 pm

FUCK OFF COOPER. Even if we do somehow claw this back.

Darlo Fonz

Re: Cooper in or out?

Post by Darlo Fonz » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:33 pm

OUT. Even if we somehow draw, the football is fucking s***.

We've had ONE shot against bottom of the league. Long balls all game.

s***.
Darlo Fonz
DARLINGTON FC

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:34 pm

Been saying this for ages and getting slated.

Liddle in charge for Tuesday night playing the youth team at least they know how to play football.

RUMPLESTILTSKIN

Post by RUMPLESTILTSKIN » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:36 pm

Cooper's job going down the plughole in Bath.
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is King

Keith_Floyd

Post by Keith_Floyd » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:37 pm

Its a silly question when you are 2-0 down to the bottom club . OUT

notgnilrad

Post by notgnilrad » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:38 pm

Out now, been his biggest supporter but something is wrong this team should be doing a hell of a lot better. Thanks for Wembley Mark best footie day of my life.

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:17 pm

sad to see it go this way but out

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:19 pm

Toodles Cooper.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:00 pm

Out!

1.) 4 shots on target in the last 3 games.

2.) We have only won 1 game out of our last 8. That coming against a poor, manager-less Newport County.

3.) Attendances slowly slipping down.

4.) Tamworth, Alfreton, Mansfield, Hayes and Yeading, Cambridge, Southport and Bath results were all embarrassing.

5.) He seems to have lost the players in the dressing room.

6.) He hasn't replaced the better players that we lost last season.

7.) His style of play his horrendous, nothing like some of the stuff we saw last season.

:( :( :(

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:09 pm

In the background at the end of the Tees commentary you could hear the Bath bloke saying about Darlo's "tactics".... "They seem to just lump it up to the men up front and hope something sticks". A fair summary I think.

princebishop

Cooper in or out?

Post by princebishop » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:14 pm

In

All that will happen is that we will appoint some other lower league manager and still be unsuccessful. History proves that. For once we should back a manager and allow them to install their beliefs etc. Just over a season is not sufficient.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:18 pm

I don't think it's a question of Cooper now "installing his beliefs". I think he wants to rip it up, ship a fair few of them out and start again. This is despite getting a fair bit of leeway to bring players in AND saying his was satisfied with the squad he had assembled. Somehow somewhere along the line it's all gone drastically wrong.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:20 pm

princebishop wrote:In

All that will happen is that we will appoint some other lower league manager and still be unsuccessful. History proves that. For once we should back a manager and allow them to install their beliefs etc. Just over a season is not sufficient.
Including pre-season matches, Cooper's had about 80 games to install his belief. His belief is aimless longballs, which have taken us to 16th in the league. We cannot go on like this.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

fat tony

Re: Re: Cooper in or out?

Post by fat tony » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:37 pm

LoidLucan wrote:In the background at the end of the Tees commentary you could hear the Bath bloke saying about Darlo's "tactics".... "They seem to just lump it up to the men up front and hope something sticks". A fair summary I think.
Absolutely right.

It was unsegregated today so I sat in the Bath end for the second half. At one point their fans were laughing at us after we'd surrendered posession with yet another hoof. We pumped aimless ball after long ball up the pitch all game and it was just embarrassing.

Charlie_Darlo

Post by Charlie_Darlo » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:40 pm

Out I'm afraid.

Won us the FA Trophy, but is not a league manager. We need someone who can make us competitive in the league with a limited budget.

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:40 pm

Its not a case anymore of given cooper loner than just over a season, he's lost the plot, he's no longer wanting to play football, he see's hoof the ball the strikers as the way forward, well look were thats getting us

wellingaway

Post by wellingaway » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:48 pm

Out. Then cast the net far and wide for a rabbit out of the hat new manager. There have surely got to be people involved in the club with connections with players nearing retirement or who have recently retired. Brian Little, Nigel Clough at Burton, Paul Ince ay Macclesfield all did well in their first position and went on to bigger clubs - a sure sign that they succeeded at their first club. Fuck it, in the position that we are in, what is there to lose in taking a punt on a new kid on the block.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:55 pm

in undoubtedly,need stability and a bit of luck.

Rocky Dennis

Post by Rocky Dennis » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:58 pm

onewayup wrote:in undoubtedly,need stability and a bit of luck.
A bit luck, fuck me

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:59 pm

onewayup wrote:in undoubtedly,need stability and a bit of luck.
Oh that's right, keep him there, do nothing and hope luck turns our way.

Nothing to do with our hopelessly ineffective gameplan, lack of ability and horrendous lack of confidence. :roll: :roll: :roll:
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

DL5

Post by DL5 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:22 pm

Cooper in or out :think:

We're fucked for promotion either way so I don't care on that score

Maybe we should be thinking whether Cooper can keep us up or not.

If we seriously get embroiled in a relegation battle he should go, if we're midtable then he should go at the end of the season to avoid paying him off.

bga

Post by bga » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:31 pm

Am as disapponted with as everyone else. The problem is who is better than Cooper? Let's be honest Darlo are never going to poach a manager who is already working so we are left with those who are already unemployed.................are there really that many candidates around who would be any better? I'd suggest Liddle but does he really want the job?

fanforlife

Post by fanforlife » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:58 pm

managers live or die by their results and i'm afraid mr cooper is dying on his feet . the downward spiral cannot be allowed to continue . it says everything when the manager has no idea what his best starting eleven are . raj said that it was crucial that we got promotion this season but that dream has gone already and we are only in october. further turmoil i know but sadly he has to go.

Darl-Zero

Post by Darl-Zero » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:58 pm

In

The thing about turning things arround is that when you have had a run of LLDDLL
people somehow expect WWWWWW and thats not how life is. Hockey stick turnarounds are unrealistic. At the moment its WL and in a few weeks it might be WLDWLW. It sure as heck aint gonna be any better with a new manager.

wellingaway

Post by wellingaway » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:15 am

bga wrote:Am as disapponted with as everyone else. The problem is who is better than Cooper? Let's be honest Darlo are never going to poach a manager who is already working so we are left with those who are already unemployed.................are there really that many candidates around who would be any better? I'd suggest Liddle but does he really want the job?
Who is better than Cooper?!?!? Who is fucking worse than Cooper would take a lot less time to explain. This fucker has overseen us to our lowest ebb. Why the fucking fuck do we need to poach a manager? Or get an unemployed one? That is backward. Get the process right in employing someone with vision, bollocks, hunger. I don't give a flying fuck if they only stay for 18 months, as long as they arrest this slide. Fucked the fuck right fucking off.

Mullet69

Post by Mullet69 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:56 am

In. I've never called for a manager's head and not about to jump on the bandwagon that a lot of you fickle c**** can't wait to jump on.

That said, I respect why some of the more "thought out" members of this board want him out, but it's the fuckers who follow the majority with no meaningful foundation to their reasoning who boil my piss.

End of the day I think Cooper out is not the answer, but at the same time I don't know what is the answer. We've got some very hard times ahead and I hope Cooper and Dryden can turn the corner.

Be very very careful what you wish for.....
Mullet69uk on Twitter

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:03 am

wellingaway wrote:
This fucker has overseen us to our lowest ebb
Cooper has also delivered us one of the club's best ever moments.

I'm not going to start calling for Cooper's head. I understand why people would want him out though-I do wonder if a change would be best for the club and MC. Whoever is in charge I'll support them and hope they get us winning again though.

I really do want MC to turn it around after what he did last season-I'm just not sure that it will happen.

MikeinBlack

Post by MikeinBlack » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:32 am

Out! The players don't believe in themselves anymore, let alone in Coopers tactical ability.
COME ON DARLO!

bedaledarlo

Post by bedaledarlo » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:08 am

Mullet69 wrote:In. I've never called for a manager's head and not about to jump on the bandwagon that a lot of you fickle c**** can't wait to jump on.

That said, I respect why some of the more "thought out" members of this board want him out, but it's the fuckers who follow the majority with no meaningful foundation to their reasoning who boil my piss.

End of the day I think Cooper out is not the answer, but at the same time I don't know what is the answer. We've got some very hard times ahead and I hope Cooper and Dryden can turn the corner.

Be very very careful what you wish for.....
Interesting quote mate.

Thing is there are people in life who follow the crowd and look very silly when times change. This board is full of daily tabloid journalists with no qualifications.

Christ I got hounded off the board for diagnosing the problems with Cooper some of the same people are now constantly banging their drum about now.

Of course we disagree on this one, I think we are desperate for success and this, as well as lots of other things must be put right or we are in the turd.

For me I'm not against stability and long term appointment of a manager. But that manager must bring a footballing philosophy with him then it can last.

Our biggest issue is bums on seats and gradual decline. We can't afford to be that little non-league club for another year or two, Raj will walk, no club.

The answer must now be Liddle / Maddo / Gray.

The question of them not wanting the job may not be pertinent. Raj could say it's yours till the end of the season then I can afford to find somebody else. If you love the youth team so much we need the club to exist first and foremost so you have a job to go to in the years to come.

Thing is crucially mate, you can't carry on with a guy that is turning off your fans who are your customers at the end of the day.

For Cooper he should realize it's his negative approach to the game and players that has lost him his job.

Cooper will end up out of the club in the end because

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:04 pm

Out.

The result and performance against Southport was unforgiveable, yesterday was beyond a joke.

The thing that frightened me the most about the Southport game was the ease with which they won. I lost confidence in both Cooper and the players that night, imo the team is clearly not good enough to challenge the top 5 so it will make little difference in that respect.

However I can't believe the team is that bad that they're being outplayed by the likes of Southport and especially Bath, with respect to them both. The players are pulling one way and the mananger is pulling the other when a game plan or indeed a manager doesn't fit with the players it will soon show on the pitch and it has done.

Although we're in the middle ground at the moment we're not in a relegation scrap and we're not in a position where our season is unsalvageable, the problem is do we continue to wait and hope things improve or do we act quickly and bring a new man in when it is still relatively early in the season?

I didn't buy into the hype that followed winning the FA Trophy, however I did expect us to progress and improve on last season particularly against the likes of Tamworth, Alfreton, Hayes & Yeading, Southport and Bath, instead we are going backwards and have infact got WORSE than what we were last season. One win in eight is relegation form, like everyone else I just don't know what went wrong in the last month.

I feel sorry for Cooper, we'll always be indebted to him for the trophy but I'd much rather see him walk away with his held high than hang on while this downward spiral continues and have his time here remembered in a negative manner.

The fans may be able to cope with mediocrity this season, but at the end of the day the chairman won't accept it.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly