Poor effort by Bournemouth

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

wylam_rangers
Team Supported: Darlington

Poor effort by Bournemouth

Post by wylam_rangers » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:17 am

:wtf: .....and you thought our supporters were fickle!!

Just read that there is no Supporters bus coming tomorrow and they have instead set up a facebook page to organise car-sharing for those making the effort. :lol:

FFS - they're top of the league. Ok - it's a long journey but it's not the middle of winter. :thumbdown:

Very poor. :shock:

Darlo_Pete

Re: Poor effort by Bournemouth

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:59 am

I was expecting them to bring up a good 200 up here, but sounds like we'll be lucky to see 100 make the long trip up north. You could understand their reluctance to travel if they were in our position, but being a top of the table side, they should have brought up a decent following for tomorrow's game, I'm not impressed.

grytters

Post by grytters » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:31 pm

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

Visiting clubs get no fewer than 200 tickets for Saturday matches. And they're not on sale or return.
Bring Back the Quarters

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:21 pm

Is there a link for this :clap:

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:28 pm

grytters wrote:I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

Visiting clubs get no fewer than 200 tickets for Saturday matches. And they're not on sale or return.

Not sure what the point is you're making - but there's nothing to stop them sending 50 coaches and all paying on the day in their dedicated ticket office in the east stand. :eh:

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:32 pm

AndyPark wrote:Is there a link for this :clap:

Here you are :thumbup:

http://www.bournemouth.vitalfootball.co ... p?a=170613

Jonno

Post by Jonno » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:06 pm

Just goes to show we do have a very decent away following for a team in this league

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:29 pm

We took 190 down to Bournemouth last season and 177 to Exeter the week we had gone into admin, which is very respectable. Just shows how passionate our fans are! Looking forward to more away games ;)
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

d5rlo

Post by d5rlo » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:23 pm

Let's see how many they do actually bring before slating their away following. Just because there's no supporters' coach going, doesn't mean plenty won't be going by car, train or even plane. Some people will look a bit daft if they end up bringing two or three hundred.

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:12 pm

d5rlo wrote:Let's see how many they do actually bring before slating their away following. Just because there's no supporters' coach going, doesn't mean plenty won't be going by car, train or even plane. Some people will look a bit daft if they end up bringing two or three hundred.

The point is they're not bringing anyone - it's a case of make your own effing way!

That heavily discriminates against their older/senior supporters and quite frankly I think it is appalling. There should always be at least one Supporters Club bus.

I note that they haven't given a reason - direct trains/planes will get you here but not back - it's a 0630 start on the train and you'd have to fly Soton to Toon so I don't think there will be many taking that option.

I used to live on the south coast and on a Saturday that journey should be manageable in 5 hrs.

I will be at the match early tomorrow to chat with and applaud those who have made the trek because I think their own club have let them down big style. :thumbdown: :shock: :thumbdown:

Fetish_bob
Team Supported: hartlepool

Post by Fetish_bob » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:38 pm

Can't see the point of having a go at the numbers Bournemouth will bring up. I posted earler in week that they would bring less than 200,

We 7 games into the season, if it was going into the last 10 games of season and they were top I would agree, that it's a poor following.

7 games in it a silly point to make, if you were top and travelling there tomorrow at same stage of season it be about the same.

It's a let's leave at silly o' clock in the morning game with ABSOLUTELY no relevance this early in the season.

Comment in April when you play down there and you may be fighting relegation, or have been relegated and see how many have travelled then. 3 games before the end of the season, when it really MATTERS.
Ray Simpson - Saturday 22 October 2011:
"No doubt about it, Braintree are the better side"

Quakers outclassed by 'Essex pub team'Craig Stoddart Monday 24th October 2011

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:20 am

Dont forget Bournemouth are still under a transfer embargo and strapped for cash so running a bus at a potential loss is probaby considered a non-starter.

Fetish_bob
Team Supported: hartlepool

Post by Fetish_bob » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:33 pm

Is the 262 Bournemouth fans correct, sort of shows the "poor effort" thread up, that pretty reasonable turn out for the distance.
Ray Simpson - Saturday 22 October 2011:
"No doubt about it, Braintree are the better side"

Quakers outclassed by 'Essex pub team'Craig Stoddart Monday 24th October 2011

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:39 pm

Considering the apparent circumstances and travel distance I think they brought a lot more than anyone was expecting.
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:41 pm

If that figure is correct that is very admirable. I don't think i'd of said over 250 but there certainly looked around 200 hardy souls who'd made the long trip up from the South Coast.
They brought 135 last year in January so to bring 262 they've nearly doubled what they brought. I can only have the utmost respect for those who did travel as it's an awfully long journey, some of them will probably still be on the journey home

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:08 pm

mikkyx wrote:Considering the apparent circumstances and travel distance I think they brought a lot more than anyone was expecting.
Completely agree. There was a good following but my original post was more to do with not running an SC bus. I'd like to think that in my senior years Darlo will always give me the option of an SC bus to follow the team I love.

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:00 pm

223 Cherries made the trip up North yesterday

Henley

Post by Henley » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:26 am

^^^^

Things can change quickly, folks.

footifan

Post by footifan » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:25 pm

Yes things do change...they will probably put a bus on for Newcastle as long itis not midweek , then back to the car sharing. ;)

My American friends, brought up on the franchise system find it strange that teams we used to play on a regular basis like Swansea, Hull, Wigan, Cardiff etc can work the dream of getting to the Premier League or the annoying EPL as they call it...