NEW KITS

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

divas
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: NEW KITS

Post by divas » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:48 am

Jazz Maverick wrote:And how long would the vote have taken? When would the strips have eventually been made if we had to vote first? What if the shirt we chose fell foul of bsp rules again and had to be changed? What if we chose a shirt that wasn't appealing to potential sponsors whose logo would go on the front?

The club will be very aware people have less cash to splash at the moment, but you're carrying on like they've made a concious decision to choose a s*** shirt no one will buy. Plus, like I say, if people are so skint why would they waste their money buying another black and White hooped jersey if they already splashed out on last years black and White hooped jersey?
I'm just wondering whether we're in the same scenario as what we were two season ago - does anyone know if the shirt we are wearing is a stock Errea design (lets not have the bespoke arguement again tho)? It could be that we were that late confirming the sponsor that we had to go with one of their existing designs.

DL5

Post by DL5 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:53 am

I don't mind them both and will be getting the green one first off, people need to get over it jesus christ some of the comments are laughable :crazy: , if they wore potato sacks I'd still get a replica :lol: :shh:

divas

Post by divas » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:57 am

DL5 wrote:I don't mind them both and will be getting the green one first off, people need to get over it jesus christ some of the comments are laughable :crazy: , if they wore potato sacks I'd still get a replica :lol: :shh:
Must admit i've never bought a replica for years, i used to always wear one to the match but since we've had a box and it's frowned upon i've never found the need to buy one as i'd get no wear out of it.

Always think whatever strip it is it grows on you over the course of the season anyway and at the end of the day it'll be changed again next year.

shawry

Post by shawry » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:11 am

I wont be buying straight away, if they grow on me I may well get one, but Im disappointed again.

Not bothered by the lack of hoops, just feel the strip is a little 'meh'

isitouryear

Post by isitouryear » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:20 am

I quite like both of them. Hoops are tradition yes and i would always prefer them but these 2 strips look a nice change. I think they will look smart when they are worn so i will reserve judgement til then

ConsettQuaker

Post by ConsettQuaker » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:26 am

Have bought the vast majority of shirts since 1985, and have kept them all. My favourite is still the first, the hummel shirt, who i would love to see us go back to for our shirts. As a collector, the away shirt is certainly very different, meaning i will probably buy it first this season. Have a feeling that the away shirt will look better than it does on the net, and will be more popular than we think? ;)

Quaker-Razz

Post by Quaker-Razz » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:33 am

it's the whole tradition thing that bothers me about the home strip, i quite like it now, and i like the gold becoming part of our strip more and more, but we need to set an identity, decide at last if we are gonna have hoops or not and stick to it. if newcastle went plane for a season there would be uproar, same with sunderland and even poolies.

for some reason we let them get away with it, i disagree ppl won't buy coz it would look like last years, every other club get away with it.....why can't we?
Wherever I may roam, Darlo is my home

if you're gonna treat me like a kid, i prefer my ass being slapped with a steel ruler

karlo-cardiff

NEW KITS

Post by karlo-cardiff » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:41 am

I don't really careless what the shirts look like-not the best I admit but I'll be buying them as I wanna show my teams colours and be proud of them-it's what's in the shirt that counts not the shirt it's self-have to laugh at all those moaning saying I'm not buying as it's horrible.....

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:42 am

I was incredibly disappointed when I saw the kits this morning. The home one I can just about live with, but as has already been said, it reminds me too much of 2 seasons ago.

The less said about the puke green away kit the better. I've never really bothered with replica kits over the past couple of years, but I'd certainly not be be tempted to buy either of these two.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

darlo-till-i-die

NEW KITS

Post by darlo-till-i-die » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:46 am

They definately get better the more you look at them, I thought they were horrible last night, but this morning I actually think I like them both :thumbup: now we just need to see it used in action.

I assume we won't be playing in it tommorow, but maybe it would be ready for the team against Sunderland?
Darington FA Trophy Champions 2011

▒▓██ D █ F █ C █ ♥ ██▓▒

darlo-till-i-die

NEW KITS

Post by darlo-till-i-die » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:52 am

Also the neck on the home strip looks like it has improved since last year :D
Darington FA Trophy Champions 2011

▒▓██ D █ F █ C █ ♥ ██▓▒

Spyman

Re: Re: NEW KITS

Post by Spyman » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:23 am

loan_star wrote:When did we ever have gold in our strip? To be honest I've never liked anything Errea come up with even when they were doing the smoggies kits.
Last season for starters.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:25 am

karlo-cardiff wrote:I don't really careless what the shirts look like-not the best I admit but I'll be buying them as I wanna show my teams colours and be proud of them-it's what's in the shirt that counts not the shirt it's self-have to laugh at all those moaning saying I'm not buying as it's horrible.....
Couldn't have put it better.

We do have a lot of moaners in our fans don't we? But then we know that already.

shawry

Post by shawry » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:33 am

darlo2001uk wrote:
karlo-cardiff wrote:I don't really careless what the shirts look like-not the best I admit but I'll be buying them as I wanna show my teams colours and be proud of them-it's what's in the shirt that counts not the shirt it's self-have to laugh at all those moaning saying I'm not buying as it's horrible.....
Couldn't have put it better.

We do have a lot of moaners in our fans don't we? But then we know that already.

Thats a load of bollox really - Im not gonna buy summat I dont like just because its my teams new strip.

loan_star

Re: Re: NEW KITS

Post by loan_star » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:34 am

Spyman wrote:
loan_star wrote:When did we ever have gold in our strip? To be honest I've never liked anything Errea come up with even when they were doing the smoggies kits.

I should clarify, I meant a big chunk of gold, not some little bit of trim. But point taken anyway!

walshys_wingman_11

Post by walshys_wingman_11 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:39 am

The shirts dont seem to be that bad in my opinion.

Darlo Fonz

Post by Darlo Fonz » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:03 pm

The more I look at the home kit, the more I begin to like it. But I think we need to be wearing black shorts and socks. :thumbup:

Got a sneeky feeling that the green shirt might be a grower when it's in the flesh :lol:
Darlo Fonz
DARLINGTON FC

fat tony

Post by fat tony » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:05 pm

It's Thommo I feel sorry for. He doesn't deserve these kits more than anyone else.

Christophano

Post by Christophano » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:13 pm

fat tony wrote:It's Thommo I feel sorry for. He doesn't deserve these kits more than anyone else.
:clap:

mobi

Post by mobi » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:24 pm

Darlo Fonz wrote:The more I look at the home kit, the more I begin to like it. But I think we need to be wearing black shorts and socks. :thumbup:

Got a sneeky feeling that the green shirt might be a grower when it's in the flesh :lol:
I reckon an all white kit is very classy, ala Real Madrid. We definitely don't want black socks. Have we ever won promotion wearing black socks?

Spyman

Re: Re: Re: NEW KITS

Post by Spyman » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:59 pm

loan_star wrote:
Spyman wrote:

I should clarify, I meant a big chunk of gold, not some little bit of trim. But point taken anyway!
At least one set of kits are going down well mate. In Prague with my footy team now and our kits were very well received.

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlo Fonz

Post by Darlo Fonz » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:05 pm

Isn't our away one the same design as this?

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/11/ ... shirt.html
Darlo Fonz
DARLINGTON FC

Quaker-Razz

Post by Quaker-Razz » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:40 pm

Darlo Fonz wrote:Isn't our away one the same design as this?

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/11/ ... shirt.html
it's sporting style in a league of its own....YUP, that'll be conference south then

if you're gonna treat me like a kid, i prefer my ass being slapped with a steel ruler

Quaker-Razz

Post by Quaker-Razz » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:43 pm

take a look at page 3, brighton and hove albions kit, that could be the errea green of the away kit

TKOA

Post by TKOA » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:58 pm

Think I'll be getting a polo shirt instead. Isn't lakeside a care home?

Quaker-Razz

Post by Quaker-Razz » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:51 pm

TKOA wrote: Isn't lakeside a care home?
one of Raj's

alleztfc
Team Supported: Hartlepool United League 1

Post by alleztfc » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:04 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Pub League kit. Fancy that... :think:

DarloOnTheUp

Post by DarloOnTheUp » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:17 pm

What a bunch of moaning fannies. Both strips are pretty good! The home one is quite stylish, and the away one is different but not as bad as you are all making out.

FFS, get a grip. Some of the comments in this thread are laughable.

QuakerJake

Post by QuakerJake » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:48 pm

DarloOnTheUp wrote:What a bunch of moaning fannies. Both strips are pretty good! The home one is quite stylish, and the away one is different but not as bad as you are all making out.

FFS, get a grip. Some of the comments in this thread are laughable.
:clap: Seconded.

trotskycat

Post by trotskycat » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:36 pm

Sorry guys it is another crap decision from someone. The ONE unique thing about this club is the black and white hoops. Without them we look like a poor mans Derby County.
The casual disregard for what the fans want is simply astounding. Bad decision follows bad decision. Ground too big, red seats, no Sky TV, no consistant strip designs - and last week no Budweiser in the RG! The fact that they can't get the little decisions right makes you wonder if they will ever succeed with the big ones! Raj deserves better. So does Cooper. Fordy and Murray give your head a shake!