Rumour has it....

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

poolie_in_paradise
Team Supported: Hartlepool

Rumour has it....

Post by poolie_in_paradise » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:44 pm

....you may be seeing a bit of Pools Reserve side at the Arnea in the near future...also you may see acouple of oour reserve and youth players in your team!

Personally--IF true I think its a good idea and could work for both parties
Banned

al_quaker
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Rumour has it....

Post by al_quaker » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:51 pm

If the club makes some money out of hosting your reserves then it's good for us.

And re the players on loan, if they improve our team I've no issue with them being Hartlepool players. I'm not sure on the youth players though-we've got plenty of promising young players of our own. If we are in a position where we need to play young players, I'd rather it be our own so that they develop for our benefit.

DL5

Post by DL5 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:56 pm

poolie_in_paradise wrote:....you may be seeing a bit of Pools Reserve side at the Arnea in the near future...also you may see acouple of oour reserve and youth players in your team!

No thanks after the way you conducted yourselves at Billingham Town.

poolie_in_paradise

Post by poolie_in_paradise » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:57 pm

al_quaker wrote:If the club makes some money out of hosting your reserves then it's good for us.

And re the players on loan, if they improve our team I've no issue with them being Hartlepool players. I'm not sure on the youth players though-we've got plenty of promising young players of our own. If we are in a position where we need to play young players, I'd rather it be our own so that they develop for our benefit.
yes I think BSP is a strong league for youth players, reserves makes sense though
Banned

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:58 pm

poolie_in_paradise wrote:....you may be seeing a bit of Pools Reserve side at the Arnea in the near future...also you may see acouple of oour reserve and youth players in your team!

Nothing of interest. Poor trolling attempt.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

poolie_in_paradise

Post by poolie_in_paradise » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:01 pm

Quakerz wrote:

Nothing of interest. Poor trolling attempt.

So you are saying here and now there is definitely NO truth to this?
i only heard word of mouth, so you may be right, just want to confrim thats what you are saying...
Banned

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:03 pm

I'm saying that what you said is nothing of interest. And what you said was used in a poor trolling attempt.

Truth was not mentioned, I don't know, I'm not interested.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

poolie_in_paradise

Post by poolie_in_paradise » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:06 pm

Quakerz wrote:I'm saying that what you said is nothing of interest. And what you said was used in a poor trolling attempt.

Truth was not mentioned, I don't know, I'm not interested.
Ok so you are not interested in potential income and or new signings?-- Isuppose you would rather IM Darlo_pete to chat about the carvery ! :roll:
Banned

Norm_D_Ploom

Post by Norm_D_Ploom » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:08 pm

Given that our youth team is far superior to yours I don't see that bit being true.

Not sure about this at all

Fetish_bob
Team Supported: hartlepool

Post by Fetish_bob » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:11 pm

Norm_D_Ploom wrote:Given that our youth team is far superior to yours I don't see that bit being true.
And you base that on what......

The fact is that Pools youth team did the double over Darlo youth team last season. So can we say it is nothing like far superior.
Ray Simpson - Saturday 22 October 2011:
"No doubt about it, Braintree are the better side"

Quakers outclassed by 'Essex pub team'Craig Stoddart Monday 24th October 2011

DL5

Post by DL5 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:18 pm

Fetish_bob wrote:
Norm_D_Ploom wrote:Given that our youth team is far superior to yours I don't see that bit being true.

The fact is that Pools youth team did the double over Darlo youth team last season. So can we say it is nothing like far superior.
That'll be based on what Premier League teams think of our youths, they're more qualified than scruffy little self opinions surely?

Norm_D_Ploom

Post by Norm_D_Ploom » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:56 pm

DL5 wrote:
Fetish_bob wrote:

That'll be based on what Premier League teams think of our youths, they're more qualified than scruffy little self opinions surely?
Yes there is that, then again we could use the league table, or the teams progress in the FA youth cup, or the teams progress in the youth league cup,

I'll let you choose which one !

Fetish_bob

Post by Fetish_bob » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:55 pm

Norm_D_Ploom wrote:then again we could use the league table,
I'll use that one..........If you don't mind.....

Because then you have to admit that Pools are FAR SUPERIOR TO Darlo...

Where did we finish and where did Darlo finish ?

What (NON) League will you be playing in next season and what LEAGUE will THE FAR SUPERIOR Pools be playing in. If of course we go on league(or non league) finishes.

You just made my day putting something up like that for an answer.

You give me the pick...So I await for you to admit that POOLS are FAR SUPERIOR to Darlo...from a Darlo supporter as well.

Yes I know I twisting it but you twisted it 1st to attempt to prove your youth team was far superior to ours even though we did the double over you.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:30 am

You did the double and finished 1 place higher in the league. We got to the final of the youth alliance league cup, and to the 3rd round of the FA Youth Cup and even managed to sell one of our youngsters for 500k.

Those are the facts. I'd rather of had our season wouldn't you?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Fetish_bob

Post by Fetish_bob » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:49 am

Hilly wrote:You did the double and finished 1 place higher in the league. We got to the final of the youth alliance league cup, and to the 3rd round of the FA Youth Cup and even managed to sell one of our youngsters for 500k.

So we did the double, we finished 1 place higher, we also got to the 3rd round of the FA Cup youth cup. So we finished above you, we did the double over you and your far superior to us because you sold someone for 500K does that make Norm_D Ploom statement right or wrong in that he said the Darlo youth team were far superior to Pools youth team. Please explain how then your far superior as POOLS FINISHED higher in league GOT TO THE same round of cup and DID the DOUBLE over you. I await your answer

Portsmouth won the FA Cup,in 2008 were they far superior to Manchester United who won the league or where they lucky in that they got the easy draw(s) during the competition.

Everton sold Rooney to Manchester United for £25.6 Million in 2004 would Everton fans have rather had the £25.6 Million in the bank or the season Manchester United had had.

We once sold a player to Liverpool for over £300k does that mean we were far superior to Liverpool that season ???

We got to round 3 of the FA cup last season so played 3 games in that competition, Liverpool/Newcastle/WBA/ were knocked out in Round 3 , playing only 1 game in that competition, does that make us far superior to Liverpool/Newcastle and WBA.

Wijnhard's_Schlong

Post by Wijnhard's_Schlong » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:21 am

Bored tonight are we Bob? Or is it just that time of the month?

Free_Transfer

Post by Free_Transfer » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:39 am

Wijnhard's_Schlong wrote:Bored tonight are we Bob? Or is it just that time of the month?
Jesus wept tell me about it. Poolie bitch.

Hilly

Re: Re: Rumour has it....

Post by Hilly » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:31 am

Fetish_bob wrote:
Hilly wrote:You did the double and finished 1 place higher in the league. We got to the final of the youth alliance league cup, and to the 3rd round of the FA Youth Cup and even managed to sell one of our youngsters for 500k.

So we did the double, we finished 1 place higher, we also got to the 3rd round of the FA Cup youth cup. So we finished above you, we did the double over you and your far superior to us because you sold someone for 500K does that make Norm_D Ploom statement right or wrong in that he said the Darlo youth team were far superior to Pools youth team. Please explain how then your far superior as POOLS FINISHED higher in league GOT TO THE same round of cup and DID the DOUBLE over you. I await your answer

Portsmouth won the FA Cup,in 2008 were they far superior to Manchester United who won the league or where they lucky in that they got the easy draw(s) during the competition.

Everton sold Rooney to Manchester United for £25.6 Million in 2004 would Everton fans have rather had the £25.6 Million in the bank or the season Manchester United had had.

We once sold a player to Liverpool for over £300k does that mean we were far superior to Liverpool that season ???

We got to round 3 of the FA cup last season so played 3 games in that competition, Liverpool/Newcastle/WBA/ were knocked out in Round 3 , playing only 1 game in that competition, does that make us far superior to Liverpool/Newcastle and WBA.
Rather than address your poor points, unlike Norm, I wouldn't have used the term 'far superior' that would suggest its not even close when it isn't - up until recently you have had the better youth setup.

What I would have said however is that our youth team has 'overtaken' yourselves in terms of final output all things considered i.e. league placings, cup competitions, players sold and players progressing into the first team.

poolie_in_paradise

Post by poolie_in_paradise » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:58 am

surely, the weaker your team is the easier it is for youths to make it?
We have both had probably had more youth players make our team recently than Chelsea, but I wouldn't claim our youth set up was better would you?

Ps you didnt get 500k for Dan Burn !
Banned

Hilly

Re: Re: Rumour has it....

Post by Hilly » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:33 am

poolie_in_paradise wrote:surely, the weaker your team is the easier it is for youths to make it?
We have both had probably had more youth players make our team recently than Chelsea, but I wouldn't claim our youth set up was better would you?

Ps you didnt get 500k for Dan Burn !
Apologies. Got the Stockdale situation mixed up. It was however believed to be a conference record at the time (depending on your source) and the added extras could see us earn up to 1 million.

However your point that only weak teams play youth players is laughable. Players get in due to injuries / cup runs and inevitably perform well.

PJPoolie
Team Supported: Pools

Post by PJPoolie » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:59 am

Norm_D_Ploom wrote:

Given that our youth team is far superior to yours I don't see that bit being true.

Not sure about this at all
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Whatever the truth in the rumour is, it's quite funny that he posted that then was told Pools beat Darlo twice and finished higher in the league :lol: :lol:

Two of our youth team played in League One last season as well, and did very well.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:28 am

Do these window licking poolie c**** never step back and think 'hang on, I'm wasting my life posting essays on a darlo message board - perhaps I should do something about this' ?

Obsessive wankers to a man.

alleztfc
Team Supported: Hartlepool United League 1

Post by alleztfc » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:44 pm

...it's borne out of superiority, you nimlet. :thumbup:

TinShedChap

Post by TinShedChap » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:04 pm

I don't see a problem with any such agreement. It could turn out well for both clubs. I see no reason to bite our noses off to spite our faces.