Bad Stewarding/Policing, Toon Scum, and no ale !

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

comeondarlo
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Bad Stewarding/Policing, Toon Scum, and no ale !

Post by comeondarlo » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:25 pm

DL5 wrote:
mrcoops1984 wrote:
DL5 wrote:"Police have charged a 21-year-old man from Newcastle, a 22-year-old from Gateshead and a 17-year-old from Darlington with going onto a playing area.

The 22-year-old and 21-year-old were also charged with public order offences."
Yup. It does not specify WHAT public order offences. My guess would be violent disorder. If the steward didn't want to go to court and give a statement etc then this is what you'd expect.

Plus, if she had no visible injuries it'd be common assault anyway and the idiots would get nothing at court.

Violent disorder on the other hand......
Section 5 probably

Surely Section 4!..........minimum

darlo-till-i-die

Post by darlo-till-i-die » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:36 pm

mobi wrote:You mean you were 80 yards away?

To be honest, I think you are a bit of a fantatsist. I'll wait to hear if a female stewart comes forward and says she was punched before I believe it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txweF3K2zlE

I don't know if this is the inncident mrcoops is on about as i wasn't at the game, but at about 10 seconds you can see a female steward getting up in a crowd of newcastle fans?
Darington FA Trophy Champions 2011

▒▓██ D █ F █ C █ ♥ ██▓▒

DL5

Post by DL5 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:32 pm

comeondarlo wrote:
DL5 wrote:
mrcoops1984 wrote:
DL5 wrote:"Police have charged a 21-year-old man from Newcastle, a 22-year-old from Gateshead and a 17-year-old from Darlington with going onto a playing area.

The 22-year-old and 21-year-old were also charged with public order offences."
Yup. It does not specify WHAT public order offences. My guess would be violent disorder. If the steward didn't want to go to court and give a statement etc then this is what you'd expect.

Plus, if she had no visible injuries it'd be common assault anyway and the idiots would get nothing at court.

Violent disorder on the other hand......
Section 5 probably

Surely Section 4!..........minimum
Depends if they've gone for the easy option :lol:

Not enough scrapping for a Riot, definitely enough for a Violent Disorder for anyone involved if you look at the collective conduct.

Interesting that 3 people have been charged with entering the pitch, good luck Durham with identifying the other 997.

mobi

Post by mobi » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:08 pm

mrcoops1984 wrote:
darlo-till-i-die wrote:

To be honest, I think you are a bit of a fantatsist. I'll wait to hear if a female stewart comes forward and says she was punched before I believe it.

I don't know if this is the inncident mrcoops is on about as i wasn't at the game, but at about 10 seconds you can see a female steward getting up in a crowd of newcastle fans?
That's definitely her. Good spot. Like I say, after she was assaulted she got straight back up and helped the rest of the stewards. She did well.
The video does not show her being punched. She gets to her feet, I presume she had been pushed over or knocked over in the chaos, but she does not even touch her face or react like someone who has being punched. Unless she has a stronger chin than David Haye.

My guess would be that she was pushed or knocked over, and you hysterically claimed she was punched because you are a fantasist.

mobi

Post by mobi » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:44 pm

mrcoops1984 wrote:
mobi wrote:
mrcoops1984 wrote:
darlo-till-i-die wrote:

That's definitely her. Good spot. Like I say, after she was assaulted she got straight back up and helped the rest of the stewards. She did well.
The video does not show her being punched. She gets to her feet, I presume she had been pushed over or knocked over in the chaos, but she does not even touch her face or react like someone who has being punched. Unless she has a stronger chin than David Haye.

My guess would be that she was pushed or knocked over, and you hysterically claimed she was punched because you are a fantasist.
You are wrong. She'd got hold of some drunken knob head initially trying to eject him. She then had punches thrown at her by him.
That's when everyone else jumped the barrier to join in.

I don't know how old you are but guessing no older than school age. Often, when your body is in shock it pumps something around your body called adrenalin.

Again, I will reiterate - I have no reason to lie? Why would I? Crank.
There is no evidence of a female stewart being punched. You are an unreliable witness.
The reason I say this is because the majority of your posts indicate that you talk a load of shite.

tezza

Post by tezza » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:46 am

The "blame" lies firmly at those that organised this shambles. Sorry but thats you Administrators at Darlington

The crowd size was well known in advance, and only likely to rise with uncontrolled tickets available on the night.

The whole event was poorly supervised from start to finish, even to the extent of half time refreshments not being easily available (much needed lost revenue)
Trouble in the town beforehand, thousands dis emberking on trains from Newcastle the "worse for wear", Alcohol freely being taken into the ground, how many more clues are needed.?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:49 am

The blame lies with Newcastle fans for invading the pitch.

Agree, or FUCK OFF. Because that is the reality of the situation.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:53 am

Had the Newcastle fans who invaded the pitch behaved themselves, there wouldn't be any need for extra stewards and police.

I'm sorry but these moronic "fans" who surged onto the pitch shouldn't have done it in the first place. Thats where the blame lies.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:49 pm

How the hell can you call him pea brain when the second paragraph proves nothing? YOU are the pea brain if you think it backs you up. I should have known better than to open that link up, but thought that maybe you might turn out to be justified for once.

What the second paragraph says is "allegations of stewards being attacked", ie this is journalistic license, using anecdotes.

Note the writer does NOT say "a FEMALE steward WAS punched" as if it is proven fact...

The "allegations of stewards being attacked" could in fact be nothing more than her lifting your "allegation" off the board.

And before you start chirping, no I'm not saying you were lying or wrong - I don't know, I wasn't there - what I'm saying is that the second paragraph does not back you up like you think it does, and cannot call mobi pea brain based on it!

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:08 pm

mrcoops1984 wrote:
Quakerz wrote:How the hell can you call him pea brain when the second paragraph proves nothing? YOU are the pea brain if you think it backs you up. I should have known better than to open that link up, but thought that maybe you might turn out to be justified for once.

What the second paragraph says is "allegations of stewards being attacked", ie this is journalistic license, using anecdotes.

Note the writer does NOT say "a FEMALE steward WAS punched" as if it is proven fact...

The "allegations of stewards being attacked" could in fact be nothing more than her lifting your "allegation" off the board.

And before you start chirping, no I'm not saying you were lying or wrong - I don't know, I wasn't there - what I'm saying is that the second paragraph does not back you up like you think it does, and cannot call mobi pea brain based on it!
I CAN call Mobi a pea brain. As if I'd just make up randomly that a female steward getting punched and then kicked!

It was watching that incident that physically turned my stomach.
If I hadn't of seen that I wouldn't be half as pissed of with the Geordies.
To be fair to you, I CAN understand you getting upset at being called a liar, but surely you can't have been the only one to have seen this?

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:47 pm

mrcoops1984 wrote:
Quakerz wrote:
mrcoops1984 wrote:
Quakerz wrote:How the hell can you call him pea brain when the second paragraph proves nothing? YOU are the pea brain if you think it backs you up. I should have known better than to open that link up, but thought that maybe you might turn out to be justified for once.

I CAN call Mobi a pea brain. As if I'd just make up randomly that a female steward getting punched and then kicked!

To be fair to you, I CAN understand you getting upset at being called a liar, but surely you can't have been the only one to have seen this?
In hindsight, not only should Newcastle give us all gate receipts but it would be nice if they gave us compensation. After all, we paid to watch a game of football and witnessed disorder instead. Even if the club did something like produce your match ticket in the bar and get 2 free drinks at the next game or something.
You've said that Newcastle should give us compensation, but then you say the club should let everyone have 2 free drinks at the next game. Surely that's penalising the club for Newcastle's wrongdoing?

DL5

Post by DL5 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:55 pm

Here's some more footage of this female steward (46 to 58 seconds) who was allegedly punched, It looks like she fell over in the scrum, not quite clear though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_izmcNK2U-o

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:10 pm

mrcoops1984 wrote:What I meant was: so far Newcastle in a way have compensated the club by allowing them to keep agate receipts. But Darlo supporters who paid to go see the game had their evening ruined because of Newcastle fans.

Newcastle could give Darlo funds for covering the price of 2 drinks or 1 drink and pack of crisps or something. The club could then pass that benefit on to those who have retained their match ticket.

Maybe the free drinks thing is not the best of suggestions but they could compensate fans in other ways to make sure they come back.
Oh right, sorry misunderstood.

DL5

Post by DL5 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:23 pm

mrcoops1984 wrote:What I meant was: so far Newcastle in a way have compensated the club by allowing them to keep agate receipts. But Darlo supporters who paid to go see the game had their evening ruined because of Newcastle fans.

Newcastle could give Darlo funds for covering the price of 2 drinks or 1 drink and pack of crisps or something. The club could then pass that benefit on to those who have retained their match ticket.

Maybe the free drinks thing is not the best of suggestions but they could compensate fans in other ways to make sure they come back.
Compensate for what exactly, does anyone have any losses?

love it!
Team Supported: Darlington 1883

Post by love it! » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:28 pm

No loses at all because we got to see a full match, albeit with a 10 minute delay in the second half.

PJPoolie
Team Supported: Pools

Post by PJPoolie » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:09 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You should get a drink and a packet of crisps because you had to witness a pitch invasion from a few pissed up Geordies :lol: :lol: :lol:

How ridiculous!!!

This when they've already let you keep all of the gate receipts even though Newcastle outnumbered you two to one!?

What minute did it happen in?

Christophano

Re: Re: Bad Stewarding/Policing, Toon Scum, and no ale !

Post by Christophano » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:29 pm

Of all the foolish ideas, this is the craziest.
What about the several thousand Newcastle fans who had nothing to do with either invasion and who, like the rest of us, are disgusted at the behaviour of the idiots who invaded?
What about the few Darlo fans who also ran onto the pitch?

Also, considering this was fueled by too much drink, how is offering free drink a proper response?

Fook me, I'm glad I didn't take my kids along because I wouldn't have wanted them to witness what happened, but the very idea that I would need compensating because I had to see some hyperactive geordies invade the pitch, then watch some thugs have a scrap is lunacy!

PJPoolie
Team Supported: Pools

Post by PJPoolie » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:35 pm

mrcoops1984 wrote:Happened shortly after half time. Wasn't just a pitch invasion though was it? The crisps and drink were a poor example but I was just trying to make the point.

The Geordies RUINED the game. Many people left after that.
It was a pre season friendly, I'd imagine what happened made it actually of some interest :lol:

mobi

Post by mobi » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:49 pm

mrcoops1984 wrote:

You didn't randomly make it up, you simply saw what you wanted to see and then got carried away by the drama and faux outrage. A female steward was pushed over, but there is no evidence she was punched. Just like the existence of God, there simply isn't enough evidence to back your claim.

In addition, the fact you are such a gobshite makes your testimony less than reliable. I would suggest that it would be "Pea brained" to take your claims at face value.

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

Post by liddle_4_ever » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:17 pm

DL5 wrote:

Of cause we will suffer losses as a result of this happening!

More police are likely be required for games (especially the friendly against Boro) than last season this is a big cost which is 100% Newcastle’s fault.

Families may have gone to the game after our Wembley success, after seeing those incidents you don’t honestly believe they will come back in the near future.

So asking for financial compensation wouldn’t be out of order (some may say we have had compensation by keeping all of the gate receipts)
Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

Post by liddle_4_ever » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:20 pm

And I am sticking up for MrCoops here..... I saw arms flailing/punches thrown in the direction of a female steward which knocked her to the ground.

The Mags were totally out of order.
Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!

DL5

Post by DL5 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:09 pm

liddle_4_ever wrote:
DL5 wrote:

Of cause we will suffer losses as a result of this happening!

More police are likely be required for games (especially the friendly against Boro) than last season this is a big cost which is 100% Newcastle’s fault.

Families may have gone to the game after our Wembley success, after seeing those incidents you don’t honestly believe they will come back in the near future.

So asking for financial compensation wouldn’t be out of order (some may say we have had compensation by keeping all of the gate receipts)
I think the lost fans will be very very few if at all, on the contrary seeing as though it made the national press and trended on twitter (whatever that means) we've had a bit of exposure and as the innocent party to boot. The incident will have certainly raised people's awareness of the club which could even drum up more interest. In realiity we won't have lost or gained anyone.

Policing cost? you could be right for the Boro game but I can't see any overspill of costs into the season.

We've already gained at least £50K from NUFC's visit, more than enough to cover a few more costs for Boro

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:07 pm

liddle_4_ever wrote:And I am sticking up for MrCoops here..... I saw arms flailing/punches thrown in the direction of a female steward which knocked her to the ground.

^ I also saw this from where I was in block 10.

Bunch of absolute arseholes, next summer they'll be asking why they aren't playing Darlo again.

Personally I think those wankers have had what little air time they're worth and I'd just like to see a line drawn under the whole thing and let the police and clubs take it from there.

It's a just a pity that so soon after the FA Trophy win Darlo are yet again back in the news for all the wrong reasons, lets not acknowledge their actions and indeed their existance anymore than we have to.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:33 pm

mrcoops1984 wrote:
quaker4life wrote:
liddle_4_ever wrote:And I am sticking up for MrCoops here..... I saw arms flailing/punches thrown in the direction of a female steward which knocked her to the ground.

Bunch of absolute arseholes, next summer they'll be asking why they aren't playing Darlo again.

Personally I think those wankers have had what little air time they're worth and I'd just like to see a line drawn under the whole thing and let the police and clubs take it from there.

It's a just a pity that so soon after the FA Trophy win Darlo are yet again back in the news for all the wrong reasons, lets not acknowledge their actions and indeed their existance anymore than we have to.
You two could've piped up earlier!! Know it all, pea brained Mobi has accused me of lying about the incident.

Figment of my imagination apparently!
The only thing is I can't be sure she was punched or thrown to the ground, there was fists flying when she fell to the ground though that much is true!

Either way guys and girls lets draw a line under this and move on.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

mobi

Post by mobi » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:42 pm

mrcoops1984 wrote:
quaker4life wrote:

You two could've piped up earlier!! Know it all, pea brained Mobi has accused me of lying about the incident.

Figment of my imagination apparently!
Nobody actually saw a female steward punched, and I don't trust the claim of a gobshite. There isn't enough evidence, simple as that.